• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #4: NY Giants(3-0) vs NE Patriots(3-0)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Giants will visit Gillette Stadium Thursday night for the final preseason game of 2019.
Game is scheduled to start at 7:30 pm and will be broadcast locally on WBZ (CBS).
Came will be rebroadcast on Friday at 4:00 pm EST on NFL Network.

• The Patriots beat the Carolina Panthers 10-3 last weekend and covered the spread, but the two teams fell way short of the over.
  • The Patriots have scored 63 points in the preseason and have allowed 23 points.
  • The Giants squeaked by the Cincinnati Bengals 25-23 a week ago.
  • New York has scored 88 points in three preseason games, allowing 58.
  • Giants QB Daniel Jones will start. All eyes will be on him to see how he handles New England’s defense. Eli Manning gets the night off as he prepares for the regular season.
  • Does Giants WR Sterling Shepard (thumb) get a little time in this game? The answer is probably no. He’s expected to be ready for Week 1.
  • Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham expect to take most of the snaps in Tom Brady‘s place in this one. Last year, that was the plan New England went with and it appears to be the idea here. Do not expect to see Brady other than on the sidelines.
  • Patriots rookie WR Jakobi Meyers stood out again, catching seven balls for 74 yards on 12 targets last week. With some New England receivers nursing injuries, Meyers is still pushing to snag a spot on the final roster. Chances are looking good he may be a Patriot come Week 1.
  • WR Josh Gordon was reinstated by the NFL, but won’t be eligible to play in this one for the Patriots. He can play in Week 1 of the regular season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Giants / Bengals lat night. Very sloppy game for 3rd game. Most offense was because of sloppy defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy game as expected with too many injuries on both teams. Hoping #11 didn't do any new damage to that thumb.

Refs in preseason form. WTF was that call on the come back block?

OK onto the positives.
Gunner O a true Patriot player, K/PR, WR and CB work tonight. Welcome to the team I think?

DT had a better game then I had expected.

Snoopy and the DEs/LBs had a pretty good game.

Now onto the not so positive.

Too many dumb penalties, AGAIN.
Crossen if not for STs could pack his bag as soon as the game was over. He may or may not make the cut? The Giants did target him for whatever reason. At the start of the game he was getting burnt left and right. Played better later in the game.

Oline, granted a lot of moving pieces after the starters they need time to gel.

Stidham not his best effort. He definitely had plenty of opportunities to sling it in this one. Ball security may be an issue with him going forward.

The meh for me.

Gordon nice to have him back but needs to knock the rust off. He should be ready for the Steelers.

STs, both kickers played well. Gunner nice job on returns.
Coverage team needs work. Realizing most of these guys won't be on the team tomorrow.
Berrios and Meyers were non factors. I now think Berrios is gone. Best of luck to him I wanted him to make the team.

Overall a B- for #4.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy game as expected with too many injuries on both teams. Hoping #11 didn't do any new damage to that thumb.

OK onto the positives.
Gunner O a true Patriot player, K/PR, WR and CB work tonight. Welcome to the team I think?

Crossen if not for STs could pack his bag as soon as the game was over. He may or may not make the cut? The Giants did target him for whatever reason. At the start of the game he was getting burnt left and right. Played better later in the game.

Stidham not his best effort. He definitely had plenty of opportunities to sling it in this one. Ball security may be an issue with him going forward.

The meh for me.

Gordon nice to have him back but needs to knock the rust off. He should be ready for the Steelers.

Coverage team needs work. Realizing most of these guys won't be on the team tomorrow.
Berrios and Meyers were non factors. I now think Berrios is gone. Best of luck to him I wanted him to make the team.

Overall a B- for #4.
I'm happy to welcome Gunner to the team, but they played him like someone they are about to cut.

Maybe it was just an opportunity to see him in any action on defense but usually garbage time is mostly filled with players about to be taken out with the , um, garbage.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to welcome Gunner to the team, but they played him like someone they are about to cut.

Maybe it was just an opportunity to see him in any action on defense but usually garbage time is mostly filled with players about to be taken out with the , um, garbage.

Exactly. He played DB about as well as Gronk did in the Miami game. But he’s a good return guy!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the defense gave up the first down after the time out with 10 seconds left, BB called it a game.

Hail mary coverage in the end zone was hysterical. Gunner, Brossett, Izzo, Andrews, Crossen, Williams, Dawson and Webster. Gu8nner got beat for the TD to end it, but he's not a CB or Safety.

Gunner makes it, Berrios will be cut because he hasn't played in the last two games.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only seen highlights to date game set to record at 4PM. But Stidham looked good to me, the INT could happen to any QB in year 1 or year 20 you get hit from behind just as you release the ball will not do what you intended. The fumbled hand I guess that's on him. But he threw some great balls and is mobile.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, it was cool watching yet another Giants comeback against the Pats, even if it was against 4th-teamers and the cut-list.

Brady went straight to Lauletta and said "good job!" Classy like.

Not sure what Belichik put in the Giants' water coolers (we all KNOW it was Belichik), but them mofos were cramping up on nearly every play in the second half.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, it was cool watching yet another Giants comeback against the Pats, even if it was against 4th-teamers and the cut-list.

Not sure what Belichik put in the Giants' water coolers (we all KNOW it was Belichik), but them mofos were cramping up on nearly every play in the second half.
They ate to much pre-game New England Clam chowder, not that shitty tomato soup wannabe Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ate to much pre-game New England Clam chowder, not that shitty tomato soup wannabe Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Anybody that eats red clam soup is a freakin' COMMIE.

That's why the soup is red.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly you are being tongue and cheek here or else you'd be saying "it's cool watching the meaningless outcome of a meaningless game". Unlike real games, the only thing meaningful is the individual play of a few individuals.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fumbled hand I guess that's on him. But he threw some great balls and is mobile.

No, it was not on him. D. Thomas reached his hands out for the ball instead of allowing Stidham to tuck it into his gut. h\He had the ball on his fingertips and never pulled it in. Stupid error on DT and one that is usually corrected by the second handoff in Pop Warner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK onto the positives.

The meh for me.

Overall a B- for #4.

Prety much spot on. I'd like to add:
O-line has been sloppy all 4 games. It is clear our backups being used were abused.
1st play of the night - a blitz right at Ferentz on center. He was unable to play center against 1st team.
We immediately picked up a center from the Bills- Russell Bodine. He better be able to play or we are in immediate trouble. Rest of o-line cut themselves last night.
I disagree on Crossen - he did NOT play better later in the game. He cannot play man at all!
I'm really hoping the O-line #1's played well in practice and are ready.
No surprises on cuts this morning.....so far

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the NFL addresses this publicly before the start of the season. They are destroying the game with all this nonsense. I can't wait for the PI reviews:rolleyes2: preparing myself for a season of frustration:martini:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the NFL addresses this publicly before the start of the season. They are destroying the game with all this nonsense. I can't wait for the PI reviews:rolleyes2: preparing myself for a season of frustration:martini:

We are going to win the game Nov 4th against the Ravens because of the PI rule and that will get rid of it!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was not on him. D. Thomas reached his hands out for the ball instead of allowing Stidham to tuck it into his gut. h\He had the ball on his fingertips and never pulled it in. Stupid error on DT and one that is usually corrected by the second handoff in Pop Warner.
Agreed after finally getting to see the game that was all on DT. But the rest of his game was spot on

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same problem that the NFL has every time that they make a rule change......the refs don't undersdtandwhat the rule is to begin with and now they have to look for something that they didn't get in the first place.

The ref in the Pats/Giants game that made the call should be called into the NFL office and made to explain what he was calling. The other 7 officials should also be in attendance because it's clear that they didn't know the rule either. The Head of the crew should get a kick in the ass for acknowledging the call. If this blcokwass illegal, then the NFL has a real problem on its hands because the shit the Giants got away with was much worse.

It's bad officiating that changes the momentum and eventually the score of a game.

I've watched 9 preseason games and not once have I seen a non-PI call over turned on a coach's challenge.