• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Washington vs NE 8/12/2021 7:30 PM FOX

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first taste of contact football against an NFCE opponent.

This will be the first measuring stick of the 2021 season and I'll be watching the defense more than anything else.

This might be the game that will separate the keepers from the Practice Squad and unemployment. Real season will be starting in four weeks and there isn't much time to dub around with fringe players.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No injuries please against a team that can't even name itself. They should rename the WFT the WTF's. I mean, how fucking hard is it to come up with a name?

Hopefully I can find a link to the game online. Bilasport is usually pretty good.

I'm predicting a low scoring game until the 4th quarter when the scrubs light it up. Just the same, I can't friggin wait.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox has agreed to allow CBS to broadcast tonight's game. Be aware that it will not be shown on Fox and that Big Brother elimination will be on a different channel if you're watching it on WBZ in Boston.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my lounger:

1. Mac Jones proved last night that he is more than ready to take over the Patriots' offense. How many rookie QBs have you seen that could go 'no huddle' in their first game and move the ball as smoothly as he did?

2. Don't know who was playing second string RT, but he punched his ticket off the roster. Zero threat to the QB from the left but the right was a saloon door. He nearly got Mac hurt on one totally missed block.

3. Stevenson is a keeper. Have to be impressed with his bulldozer TD and even more with the 90 yard prison break with a couple of minutes to go.

4. JJ Taylor is a keeper. The guy will do anything.

5. The star WR was Wilkerson. He was th safety valve and impressed the hell out of me.

6. Secondary was a bit weak early. Hope that Gilmore will be able to come back healthy and happy. He's the #1 cover corner and JC ain't ready to take over.

Hate to say it, but the game got boring in the 3rd quarter and I nodded off when the score was 15-6. I woke up when Stevenson was at the Patriots 40 and the announcers were screaming.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start to the season.
Mac Jones, the kicker and Stevenson look like BB made good choices.
Going to be hard to cut this roster down to 53.

Some guys shined, some better get their shit together quickly.

I have to rewatch it as I was busy while trying to watch it.

Not going to get too excited yet, but it was nice to see Jones get reps against the 1st team.

The kicker looked great until the PAT miss. Hope he has a short memory and forgets about it quickly.

was hoping to see more QB pressure from this D but maybe BBs keeping some stunts and schemes till week 4. See if he can show TB something new?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. The star WR was Wilkerson. He was th safety valve and impressed the hell out of me.
I agree with most of your comments except Wilkerson. I'm not saying he didn't play fine but he may appeared better because he was playing preseason competition. Anyone recall the thought we suddenly had two Gronks with Zach Sudfeld?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kicker looked great until the PAT miss. Hope he has a short memory and forgets about it quickly.
That miss may prove beneficial in the long run. All his other kicks were dead straight without any hook or fade. The PAT was a flat out yank and yanks are an execution issue. If it was the kicker, whatever the flaw was can be reviewed and ironed out, but it may have been a timing issue caused by a new snapper.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of your comments except Wilkerson. I'm not saying he didn't play fine but he may appeared better because he was playing preseason competition. Anyone recall the thought we suddenly had two Gronks with Zach Sudfeld?
According to you, preseason doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on performance. Wilkerson had six catches. More than anyone else on either side. I'd say he's someone to keep a close eye on because he was where he was supposed to be and did what was expected.

Here's the game summary:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I lucked out. I had to drop my motorcycle off in Burbank for repairs and told my wife if she picked me up I'd take her out for dinner. We ended up at a bar and the Pats game was on and we walked in right after Newton was done for the night so I didn't have to watch him but got to enjoy the game instead. From my understanding Newton picked up right where he left off last season. I gotta believe this is Mac's team now unless something significant happens before week one.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you, preseason doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on performance. Wilkerson had six catches. More than anyone else on either side. I'd say he's someone to keep a close eye on because he was where he was supposed to be and did what was expected.

Here's the game summary:

I read an article the other day(don't remember the author) stating that Wilkerson was the WR to keep an eye on and the author believed he would make the team and be a significant contributor.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the game summary:

According to you Zach Sudfeld is a future hall of famer. I added context to his performance and did not dismiss it. Did you forget Kembrell Thomkins too?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I lucked out. I had to drop my motorcycle off in Burbank for repairs and told my wife if she picked me up I'd take her out for dinner. We ended up at a bar and the Pats game was on and we walked in right after Newton was done for the night so I didn't have to watch him but got to enjoy the game instead. From my understanding Newton picked up right where he left off last season. I gotta believe this is Mac's team now unless something significant happens before week one.
Cam was a pleasure to watch last night. He made the second best play of the night. The best play was Stevenson's 90 yard run. The second best was Cam's 55 yard run to congratulate him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article the other day(don't remember the author) stating that Wilkerson was the WR to keep an eye on and the author believed he would make the team and be a significant contributor.
probably his dad
i guess BB didnt know he had a future superstar on the practice squad last year:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you Zach Sudfeld is a future hall of famer. I added context to his performance and did not dismiss it. Did you forget Kembrell Thomkins too?
How long have you had this man crush on Sudfield?? You really need some help. Like any child, when you can't argue a point, you screech, "My mother can beat up your mother."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have you had this man crush on Sudfield?? You really need some help. Like any child, when you can't argue a point, you screech, "My mother can beat up your mother."
Who's screaming anything? It seems every year we have training camp wonders who fizzle into regular season duds. I gave Sudfeld as an example, and also Thompkins. Maybe others can list the players from the past few years who were impressing only to be duds.

And it's you who thinks he's king of the board and gets outraged by countering opinions.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's you who thinks he's king of the board and gets outraged by countering opinions.
No, you're talking about yourself.

And you constantly insult people and try to pass it off as joke with green font. Again, immature.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That miss may prove beneficial in the long run. All his other kicks were dead straight without any hook or fade. The PAT was a flat out yank and yanks are an execution issue. If it was the kicker, whatever the flaw was can be reviewed and ironed out, but it may have been a timing issue caused by a new snapper.
All possible reasons no doubt. But some young kickers are very fragile minded. That's why many don't make it in the NFL. They get a mind block and over think things and never get back on track.

Just hoping that's not the case because he could be the real deal for many years to come.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkerson did look good in the 1st preseason game. But I'm not sure he makes the roster? Maybe as a ST player and eventually gets some snaps at WR?

This NE corps of WRs isn't going to the HOF but there are a lot of legit # 2 and # 3s already. Who will he beat out?
Harry? Probably should but he's having a strong camp and BB has something to prove with him.

Aghlor? No

Bourne? No

Meyer? Possibly but I hope not. Meyer is our Welker/Edellman of the future I think.

Gunner? Maybe but Gunner has return ability and is a gamer.

Slater? No even though he gets limited WR snaps he counts against the roster.

I guess with the stable or pass catching RBs and TEs how many WRs will BB keep?

So that leaves Zuber, Nixon and Ross. All could be cuts or anyone of them could be retained? I don't think I missed anyone?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're talking about yourself.

And you constantly insult people and try to pass it off as joke with green font. Again, immature.
I don't insult anyone, asshole.

You had five comments about last nights game and all I stated was to pump the brakes before going all in on Wilkerson.