• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Washington Redskins

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first preseason game is Aug.9th at 7:30. The first of two home games.

It'll be an interesting match up with old nemesis Alex Smith quarterbacking the Skins.

It's preseason and Bill will ant to see as many guys as possible actually playing some meaningful minutes.

Patriots should win this one, but I'll be really watching how the defense looks not playing, "Bend, Don't Break" under "Speed and Execution" of Brian Flores.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen the starting line ups will look like this:

Offense:

Patterson Dorsett T. Brown Thuney Andrews Mason Cannon Gronkowski Hogan
Brady
Burkhead

Defense:

T. Flowers Guy M. Brown Clayborn
M. Flowers Hightower Van Noy
Gilmore J. McCourty
D. Mcourty Chung

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference a few days of bad practice makes.

What was posted in the paper last Wednesday and I put in here on Thursday has been blown up.

the latest changes........

Defense:

Wise, Guy, M. Brown, Clayborn
M. Flowers, Hightower, Van Noy
Gilmore, Ryan Lewis
D. Mcourty, Chung

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference a few days of bad practice makes.

What was posted in the paper last Wednesday and I put in here on Thursday has been blown up.

the latest changes........

Defense:

Wise, Guy, M. Brown, Clayborn
M. Flowers, Hightower, Van Noy
Gilmore, Ryan Lewis
D. Mcourty, Chung

Well Trey got beat up in the pile and had to get stitches so he wont come back till they are out although Wise has been good from what I hear. D Mc has never been a BB favorite so not sure how that will play out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up this morningbat 6:06 AM. When I first opened my eyes I was hoping it was somewhere around 8:00.

So far I've made pancakes, a pot of coffee, had a pancake, 2 cups of coffee, made the bed, taken a long shower, emptied the dishwasher and put everything away, washed and dried and put away all of the dishes I used this morning, took the dog for a half mile walk and it's not even 10:00 AM yet. This is going to be the longest freakin' day in human history..................................geeeezzzzzuuuzzzzzz

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up this morningbat 6:06 AM. When I first opened my eyes I was hoping it was somewhere around 8:00.

So far I've made pancakes, a pot of coffee, had a pancake, 2 cups of coffee, made the bed, taken a long shower, emptied the dishwasher and put everything away, washed and dried and put away all of the dishes I used this morning, took the dog for a half mile walk and it's not even 10:00 AM yet. This is going to be the longest freakin' day in human history..................................geeeezzzzzuuuzzzzzz

To quote Mr. Daniels...

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!?!?!

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeReiss

Patriots draft pick jersey numbers:

OT/G Isaiah Wynn -- 76
RB Sony Michel -- 29
CB Duke Dawson -- 42
LB Ja'Whaun Bentley -- 51
LB Christian Sam -- 44
WR Braxton Berrios -- 14
QB Danny Etling -- 5
CB Keion Crossen -- 35
TE Ryan Izzo -- 85

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell I won't get to see the game until tomorrow at 5PM. Won't get it here in Florida, NFL Network airs it tomorrow @1PM, I have set DVR. When I get home I will feed cat, grab a bourbon and ice and watch the game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anxious to see how the refs call this new leading with the helmet rule. It's going to kill RB leverage I suspect a lot of RBs in the league will see a decline in their numbers this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to enjoy watching the new kids and pretend this game's important.
It will help me get through the next few weeks!!!!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I won't get to see the game until tomorrow at 5PM. Won't get it here in Florida, NFL Network airs it tomorrow @1PM, I have set DVR. When I get home I will feed cat, grab a bourbon and ice and watch the game.

Thanks...noon central.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting defense went out to start and looked pretty good. Skins had to punt.
Pats came out on offense with what appears to be the starting offensive line, but that was it.
Hoyer at QB, Gillislee at RB. Hollister, Hogan and Dorsett at WR.

Hoyer is horrible. He can't count in his head and was sacked, threw the ball away to avoid a second one. He threw two garbage passes on third down to Dorsett. One on the sideline that he couldn't catch and totally off target pass across the middle. They put Edelman in and Hoyer went looking for him and just stood there watch JE get double teamsed and Hoyer got sacked. Pathetic. If something does happen to Brady, the patriots couldn't win 3 games with Hoyer back there. He just absolutely sucks.

I shut off the TV and came upstairs to just let you all know that Belichick is trying to find out what he's got as back ups and fill ins. Cannoin is out hurt as is the new guy Swenche. Langi and Michel are also hurt.

About 7 minutes into the 2nd quarter and the Skins lead the pats 10-0.

Touchdown came when Skins QB faded to his right, hit the RG coming across about five yards beyond the line and Van Noy just couldn't stay with him as turned up for a 20 yard TD. Same problem as last year, LBs can't cover the middle. Hey Bill, how about giving the two rookies a chance??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has looked terrible and it's not just the guys trying to make the squad. Even most of the starters have looked bad.

No new helmet rule calls thru the 1st half but a couple of real bad calls especially on the 15 yd personal foul call against WAs QB. Speaking of that McCoy looked like Johnny U out there tonight.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perspective without watching any replay of players who had a good game:
Jeremy Hill, nice running, good cuts and ran hard, pancake block, he's making the team
Webb, nice running late and that catch on the 2 point conversion was great, I think he makes it as well, PS for sure

Players who had a nice game:
Lucien, not sure he sticks on the team but had a nice day
Wise, lots of pressure and took care of his zone
all the TEs nice blocking and caught the ball when thrown
JuWhaun Bentley solid play
Rivers looked strong

Players who didn't show up:
pretty much any DB terrible coverage for the 1st half
Gillisle looked slow

I had most of this written in the 3rd quarter not much changed except Webb just kept impressing

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh Ralph's mom will be beaming today, two TDs and two, two point conversations. Ralph has a quick burst and showed some patience waiting for the play to develop. He has a long way to go to make this team but there is a shot. If he continues on like this I would think he gets a spot. Good chance at very least he get the practice squad.

Not sure how many backs we normally retain but I have to assume Burkhead, Michel and White are all locks Ralph would have to beat out Hill, Gillislee, Poggl?. I think we all know Bolden and Devlin will get slots on ST and FB. It's an uphill batter but Im pulling for the kid.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee played his way off the team last night, especially with the missed handoff an the resulting fumble he lost. There have been rumors about him getting traded, BB will take a bag of ice for him today.

Webb made a statement . No way will BB let him go. He had 50+ yards rushing, and scored 16 points in the 4th quarter. Thing to remember is that Hoyer and Etling were on the field and the Patriots were running the ball. Everyone knew they were running and still couldn't stop Webb.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few observations....

Cordarelle Patterson had a good game and made one really great 17 yard catch that Hoyer totally missed Dorsett on.

Offensive line was good and the second stringers played really well. John at RT, Croston at RG and Karras at C were outstanding in the second half.

Devin Lucien was red hot and ice cold . Hoyer didn't help him much.

Etling was very good for the short time he was in. He looked totally confident and appeared to be much more poised than Hoyer. If I was BB, I'd be putting this kid out there against the Eagles #1 squad next week. If he handles it as well as he did last night, Hoyer would be gone in a heartbeat.

I was ambivilent on Hoyer before last night. He was 1-5 in the first half, must have gotten a royal ass chewing at the half because he came out and hit 10-11. He was 11/16 at one point for 167 yards. A couple of the completions were a total accident because he missed the intended target and by the grace of the almight someone else made the catch. I heard that he was a magnificent QB in practice and that everyone oo'd and aahh's but once he's in a game, his brain goes into freeze mode.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I disagree that Gillislee is pretty much garbage, but I put that botched handoff on Etling.