• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

predictions for your teams

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox: 78-84, 4th place. I think the pitching will be better than last year but there's still uncertainty about where they're going to get quality innings. I think the offense will be good enough to keep them hovering near .500 and make them watchable, but the division is just too tough for me to have any playoff hopes.

Bogaerts finishes with an OPS above .900 and finishes in the top 5 in the AL MVP voting

Bobby Dalbec hits .240 and hits 30 home runs

Tanner Houck finishes with an ERA around 4.25 and establishes himself as a starter

J.D. Martinez bounces back by hitting .280/.340/.500

Eduardo Rodriguez makes less than 25 starts

Martin Perez has an ERA above 5.50 and gets DFA'd before the All-Star break

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks win 98 games.

And take the single season HR record back from the Twins.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100-62 on the dot

A lot on Boones plate taking advantage of the starting pitching depth and keeping these starters still upright by October. I’d expect Devi and Schmidt to make plenty of starts.

Gleyber Torres finishes with his best season yet offensively.

Judge smells free agency and manages to play 140 games.

Gary Sanchez doesn’t survive all season on the major league roster. Chirinos and Higgy or Wells and Higgy formulate the catching tandem from July on

Yankees acquire Anthony Rizzo this summer when the Cubs hold their fire sale. Voight or Stanton struggle to stay on the field and Rizzo becomes the perfect plug in

Gio Urshella continues his under the radar, underrated run with the Yankees and earns a decent payday from them

Clint Frazier puts together a very solid .270 28 85 season

Domingo German emerges as a top flight starter and clear #2

Jameson Taillon Tyler Glasnows his way to a solid season

Kluber Paxsons his season with inconsistency

Finally
Yanks Dodgers World Series

White Sox present the biggest problem in October

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 84-86 wins from the Red Sox this year. They seem to have upgraded just about everywhere(except for their defense).

Starting pitching is much improved with 30-35 combined starts from Sale & Erod(v. None in 2020). The bullpen is much better with Ottavino and Sawamura(among others)

Lineup is very solid and not getting much credit. Verdugo looks like a borderline all-star. Bogaerts and Devers are right in their prime and JDM is due for a strong bounce-back. Kiké Hernandez is the Shane Victorino of this team and he’ll be a nice piece. Marwin Gonzalez looks like he might be a steal. Vazquez is quietly one of the best catchers in the AL. The whole team was in a funk last year without Mookie and it showed. That won’t be the case this time around. They will score a lot of runs.

The Sox also have decent prospects coming for the first time in a long time: Dalbec, Downs, Duran & Houck could all be factors this year.

If everything breaks right, this could be a wildcard team in 2021, but I’m thinking next year they will really make some noise.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 84-86 wins from the Red Sox this year. They seem to have upgraded just about everywhere(except for their defense).

Starting pitching is much improved with 30-35 combined starts from Sale & Erod(v. None in 2020). The bullpen is much better with Ottavino and Sawamura(among others)

Lineup is very solid and not getting much credit. Verdugo looks like a borderline all-star. Bogaerts and Devers are right in their prime and JDM is due for a strong bounce-back. Kiké Hernandez is the Shane Victorino of this team and he’ll be a nice piece. Marwin Gonzalez looks like he might be a steal. Vazquez is quietly one of the best catchers in the AL. The whole team was in a funk last year without Mookie and it showed. That won’t be the case this time around. They will score a lot of runs.

The Sox also have decent prospects coming for the first time in a long time: Dalbec, Downs, Duran & Houck could all be factors this year.

If everything breaks right, this could be a wildcard team in 2021, but I’m thinking next year they will really make some noise.

The rotation was an absolute disaster over the first 24 games last season, but the only pitchers that are still in the rotation are Eovaldi and Perez. The rotation had a 3.29 ERA in September. I think it's going to be very improved from last year's and while having Eduardo and Sale by default improves that outlook, there's still the question of how many innings they get out of them? I am getting more and more intrigued by Whitlock, who's looking like he could be a huge part of the bullpen even if he doesn't crack the rotation.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think that’s all fair

unless I’m missing someone, think Vasquez may be the best all around catcher in the AL

always liked Marwin Gonzalez, wanted the Yanks to sign him a few years back, but I think it’s when they signed Lemehiue instead.....So

Sox are always dangerous when the least is expected

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think that’s all fair

unless I’m missing someone, think Vasquez may be the best all around catcher in the AL

always liked Marwin Gonzalez, wanted the Yanks to sign him a few years back, but I think it’s when they signed Lemehiue instead.....So

grandal/perez (KC) are better hitters but vaz is considered the better catcher

not sure id be getting excited by these OF predictions

if they break .81-81 it will be a good season

1617287080095.png

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards win 87 games at best and finish third in NL Central. Miss playoffs.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe the Twins will win 92 games this season and win the AL Central. Losing Jimenez will hurt the Sox a lot.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grandal/perez (KC) are better hitters but vaz is considered the better catcher

not sure id be getting excited by these OF predictions

if they break .81-81 it will be a good season

View attachment 268090

yeah, I don't love the outfield outside of Verdugo. Kike and Marwin are nice players, but they have more value moving around the infield and aren't every day outfielders. Renfroe is a corner OF with a sub-.300 OBP and can only really hit lefties (.912 OPS vs lefties, .717 vs righties). Cordero comes with some serious contact issues. Would have loved to sign Joc Pederson, at least you get an OF that crushes righties and would have complemented Hernandez/Renfroe in a platoon.

I think 87 wins in the NL Central will get you 2nd place, maybe first. Some of the projections for the NL Central are not great...

I think it will be between the Brewers and Cards. Cubs offense has potential but the pitching outside of Hendricks looks bleak.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockies have the worst record in baseball and trade Story and Marquez without getting an elite prospect back.

I also think that the rockies pinching every penny they can finally drops their attendance out of the top 10. People supporting those assholes that run that team blow my mind.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Reds will lose more than they win, again.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always forget sal Perez

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always forget sal Perez
He’s really not anything special. He’s just proof of how little catching talent there is in MLB. Career OPS+ of 101. Career OBP of .300. Yawn.

By next year, Will Smith might be considered the best catcher in MLB. He crushes the ball.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think that’s all fair

Sox are definitely great at coming out of nowhere, but I can’t really see it this year. I think they are on the right track, though. And I really think Cora is the perfect guy for the job. He will get the most out of that roster.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s really not anything special. He’s just proof of how little catching talent there is in MLB. Career OPS+ of 101. Career OBP of .300. Yawn.

By next year, Will Smith might be considered the best catcher in MLB. He crushes the ball.
since 2011 only brian mccann has more homers than perez
btw why the hell isnt will smith the starter another sanchez maybe?

1617467603546.png

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez is one of the best power hitting catchers, but it comes at the expense of a poor OBP (.300 despite a .269 BA). A career 101 OPS+ is pretty good by catcher standards, but I agree it's not particularly exciting. This last decade for catchers has felt pretty meh.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must only be talking hitting, 5 GG

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rotation was an absolute disaster over the first 24 games last season, but the only pitchers that are still in the rotation are Eovaldi and Perez. The rotation had a 3.29 ERA in September. I think it's going to be very improved from last year's and while having Eduardo and Sale by default improves that outlook, there's still the question of how many innings they get out of them? I am getting more and more intrigued by Whitlock, who's looking like he could be a huge part of the bullpen even if he doesn't crack the rotation.
This was a great call on Whitlock. I will admit to rolling my eyes when they got him. I figured he would be a total non-factor. He ends up being their most valuable pitcher this season(ok, maybe tied with Eovaldi). I never saw that coming.