• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for the HC positions

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured we could have a thread where everybody makes their predictions of who gets hired where and see if we have any clue on what NFL teams think. So right now the vacancies are the Bears, Raiders (sort of), Falcons, Jets, 49ers.

I'll start off...

Raiders--I'm thinking Jack Del Rio. He has connections to the Bay Area and has what they are looking for in hiring a guy with HC experience.
Falcons--Rex Ryan. The offense is decent. What they need is a defensive leader who can get the defense to the level of the offense.
49ers--I think they go with Josh McDaniels. He is the young offensive coordinator that they think will be able to get Kaepernick to the level they want him at.
Jets--Gary Kubiak. I think he fits well of being a great offensive mind, having head coaching experience, and an offensive set up that I think even Geno Smith could do ok in.
Bears--This is the one I have no clue on. I could maybe see Mike Shanahan as he does have connections to Jay Cutler and is probably one of the few coaches in the league that could still believe in him.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noway Todd Bowles doesn't get a job. Also Dan Quinn DC of Seattle. Only problem is if there teams get to the superbowl I dont think teams like to wait that long to make a hire.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noway Todd Bowles doesn't get a job. Also Dan Quinn DC of Seattle. Only problem is if there teams get to the superbowl I dont think teams like to wait that long to make a hire.

Just heard Quinn is scheduled to interview at NY, Atanta and SF. Again how long will those teams wait for him if Seattle wins a game or two in the playoffs?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh whoops forgot about those guys. How about Todd Bowles then to Chicago instead of Mike Shanahan.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL...Rex supposedly is on the call list...my thoughts...personnel is financially weighted on OFC...does he have the guy to bring with him...maybe, but I would go Quinn or Bowles over him.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh whoops forgot about those guys. How about Todd Bowles then to Chicago instead of Mike Shanahan.

I think Bowles or Quinn would be a great fit in Chicago. No matter what Cutlers doing on offense you NEED to get the bears back to a defensive first mentality. Both of those guys bring that. Couldn't you see Quinn bring the Seattle mindset? Run the ball more then anyone else in the league. Dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides and put a hurting on people on D. Bears fans tell me you dont want that.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Rex Ryan
Raiders Pat Shurmur

That sounds nice

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Rex would be a good match for the Falcons. Was he that bad of a HC in New York, or was he just given crappy players for the last four years?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears- Shanahan- If Chicago gives up on Cutler, who's the QB? I think they hire someone they believe can revive his career
Niners-Quinn- Ryan working with the Niners defensive personnel would be interesting, but if JH clashed with management......
Raiders-Bowles- Nice fit IMO, young leader who can build around Mack on D and Carr on O
Jets-McDaniels- They need someone with an offensive mind, and I think Josh would relish going head to head with Belicheat
Falcons-Ryan- All the Falcons have talked about for years is getting tougher and better on D. Ryan would come in with his brother, and they would make the D respectable, which would be enough with the offense they have

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured we could have a thread where everybody makes their predictions of who gets hired where and see if we have any clue on what NFL teams think. So right now the vacancies are the Bears, Raiders (sort of), Falcons, Jets, 49ers.

I'll start off...

Raiders--I'm thinking Jack Del Rio. He has connections to the Bay Area and has what they are looking for in hiring a guy with HC experience.
Falcons--Rex Ryan. The offense is decent. What they need is a defensive leader who can get the defense to the level of the offense.
49ers--I think they go with Josh McDaniels. He is the young offensive coordinator that they think will be able to get Kaepernick to the level they want him at.
Jets--Gary Kubiak. I think he fits well of being a great offensive mind, having head coaching experience, and an offensive set up that I think even Geno Smith could do ok in.
Bears--This is the one I have no clue on. I could maybe see Mike Shanahan as he does have connections to Jay Cutler and is probably one of the few coaches in the league that could still believe in him.

Teams are so freaking lazy. Why circulate through the same ole retread names year after year??? I'm glad the Ravens don't do that.

BTW...I'm kind of sick of the Ravens losing a coordinator every single f'ing year.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns should fire Pettine and hire Rex Ryan

one can only dream

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are so freaking lazy. Why circulate through the same ole retread names year after year??? I'm glad the Ravens don't do that.

BTW...I'm kind of sick of the Ravens losing a coordinator every single f'ing year.

I agree. Would rather bring in somebody with some fresh ideas. Seems like the college coaches have done a better job transitioning to the NFL than anybody else. My guess is they have a better idea of how to reach the players than a lot of these guys that have been around for years.

Also feel your pain on losing the coordinator. Since Fox came to town we have lost a coordinator every year but this last and now it is looking like we might lose both of ours this off season.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, I thought of Del Rio when he left Jax, now, I think we have some other options, I really didn't get the Dennis Allen attraction, but our choices were more limited back then too, JDR probably didn't even consider Oakland as desirable.

When you are a successful, well run franchise, your OC's and DC's become hot commodities, you should take it as a compliment and accept what success brings you. Enjoy it while it's there, it doesn't last forever.

Todd Bowles could be an interesting choice, but do we want another DC, that is the question.