• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions For Niners’ 2021 Season

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers will win the division. First, I expect them to be much healthier and second, they play a last play a last place schedule. I think they’ll get it done.
The one possible drawback I could see is they get carried away with experimentation with Lance and it affects the team’s continuity

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us as a WC team with about 11 wins (still don't like 17 games).

Lot going in our favor:
--playoff-level talent on the team (LT, WR, TE, RB, Edge, LB)
--easier schedule this year
--starting the season healthier than we've been in 2 years
--better depth at QB, RB, DL

There are also so many ways this season could go wrong though:
--We have basically no backup OTs or OG, so God help us if T.Williams or Tomlinson miss much time.
--Can Grop stay healthy long enough to matter?
--razor thin at CB and S
--the Rams are loaded and we always struggle against mobile QBs like Wilson and Murray

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/149869-baldy-reveals-nick-bosa-49ers-player-excited-watch/

No surprise to any 49er fan, other than Trey Lance's progress, Bosa's return is a huge key to the season. Like this article says, not only does he affect the game himself, but will make others around him better. Kinlaw SHOULD flash next to Bosa, whether TFL, pressures, and even a few sacks.

IF Kinlaw doesn't flash, go ahead and insert someone else cause thats why you keep depth. This isn't saying bench Kinlaw 100%, but it is saying don't keep playing him a lot just because.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the 49ers will win the division. First, I expect them to be much healthier and second, they play a last play a last place schedule. I think they’ll get it done.
The one possible drawback I could see is they get carried away with experimentation with Lance and it affects the team’s continuity
Win the Division...............What?!

Mr. pessimistic/negative, is this a fake Montalban? :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see us as a WC team with about 11 wins (still don't like 17 games).

Lot going in our favor:
--playoff-level talent on the team (LT, WR, TE, RB, Edge, LB)
--easier schedule this year
--starting the season healthier than we've been in 2 years
--better depth at QB, RB, DL

There are also so many ways this season could go wrong though:
--We have basically no backup OTs or OG, so God help us if T.Williams or Tomlinson miss much time.
--Can Grop stay healthy long enough to matter?
--razor thin at CB and S
--the Rams are loaded and we always struggle against mobile QBs like Wilson and Murray
No doubt it is about health first and foremost. Injuries happen so we can't expect none, but we want to avoid the season ending and other major long term injuries. We want to avoid injuries to KEY players.

Otherwise, i agree we have just as good a chance to win the West. No doubt we have concerns along the O-line, but no team is really complete.

Also don't like the 17 game schedule.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT’s 6 writers made predictions.

--2 had us winning the division
--4 had us as WC team
--6 had us in the playoffs
--4 had us losing in the first rd
--2 had us winning a playoff game and then losing in the next rd
--0 had us winning more than 1 playoff game
--0 had us making the NFCCG

Barring catastrophe, we should make the playoffs. However, Winning the division will be BIG this year, with the 7 playoff team format.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win the Division...............What?!

Mr. pessimistic/negative, is this a fake Montalban? :-)
I think the reasoning was valid.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus Christ, Hurd is injured again

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus Christ, Hurd is injured again
This looks like a sneaky way to keep him on the team. It was surprising that he made the roster and now that he has and has practiced a few times, we can plausibly claim an aggravated injury, get him off our 53 man roster where he'd have just taken up space, and stash him on IR.

Look at the Titans--they took a WR in the 4th rd THIS YEAR and cut him anyway. We can't get let go of a failed 3rd round pick from 3 years ago!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/150304-steve-young-calls-49ers-situation-fraught-terror/

Steve Young is right, its all good as long as we win but realistically we're not going to win every game. So when we do lose the fans will all be chanting for Lance. Inevitable, JG will have a bad game as all NFL QBs do, then the fans will start chanting even if we won. Should we lose two in a row, the 49er players will start to think about it too, starting the fracture.

That said, we can see Lance isn't ready to be the starter, we could be losing these games if Lance was the only QB? Very tough call to get this far with both QB's, and i have to admit i agreed with this mix. So while there will be issues eventually, i still think the pros outweight the cons.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm updating my prediction to say that the Niners will not be able to fill a 53-man roster after the break due to so many injuries.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With that combination, this Niners’ defense has a chance to be special this season. Middle linebacker Fred Warner is one of the best players in the league, the Niners’ defensive line is strong, long, and relentlessly deep, and the secondary — beleaguered by injury at this early juncture of the season— was outstanding against a speedy and dangerous Eagles’ offense.

That unit could well be Super Bowl-worthy.

But defenses don’t win championships. Not anymore.

All you old-timers complaining about the NFL becoming “soft” were right. Toughness still has a big role, but this is a league defined by offensive skill.

I think its too early to think this 49er defense is special? It is so far a good defense, but special?

Unfortunately, this is correct about not winnning championships. Due to rule changes that help the passing game, today you need more offense than defense, for most games. The NFL was trending to this for some time so here we are today. This isn't to say to don't need a defense but there was a time when a top D could keep you in every game. Today, it is too hard for defense to keep you in all the games.

Against a good opponents, you're hoping your defense slows them down. This is what we'll need in the next three games, our defense to slow them down. Our offense obviously needs to score more points.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that combination, this Niners’ defense has a chance to be special this season. Middle linebacker Fred Warner is one of the best players in the league, the Niners’ defensive line is strong, long, and relentlessly deep, and the secondary — beleaguered by injury at this early juncture of the season— was outstanding against a speedy and dangerous Eagles’ offense.

That unit could well be Super Bowl-worthy.

But defenses don’t win championships. Not anymore.

All you old-timers complaining about the NFL becoming “soft” were right. Toughness still has a big role, but this is a league defined by offensive skill.

I think its too early to think this 49er defense is special? It is so far a good defense, but special?

Unfortunately, this is correct about not winnning championships. Due to rule changes that help the passing game, today you need more offense than defense, for most games. The NFL was trending to this for some time so here we are today. This isn't to say to don't need a defense but there was a time when a top D could keep you in every game. Today, it is too hard for defense to keep you in all the games.

Against a good opponents, you're hoping your defense slows them down. This is what we'll need in the next three games, our defense to slow them down. Our offense obviously needs to score more points.
It certainly did last season. The Bucs defense dominated Mahomes and his "unstoppable" offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It certainly did last season. The Bucs defense dominated Mahomes and his "unstoppable" offense.
So you're saying you can win a SB with only defense? All the 49ers have to do is stack the defense, to win a SB?

I'm referring to the entire NFL, and you cite one game?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you can win a SB with only defense? All the 49ers have to do is stack the defense, to win a SB?

I'm referring to the entire NFL, and you cite one game?
So you are saying you can win a SB with only offense?. See how ridiculous that sounds when you try to put your own words in someone's mouth.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt you need a balanced team to win the season and Super Bowl. But if I had to choose, I’d rather have a top rated defense and mid level offense vs. the other way around.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So you are saying you can win a SB with only offense?. See how ridiculous that sounds when you try to put your own words in someone's mouth.
The point is, you picked ONE game to justify your point.

But nice try

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubt you need a balanced team to win the season and Super Bowl. But if I had to choose, I’d rather have a top rated defense and mid level offense vs. the other way around.
thats fine, i used to think like this too.....old school style. I still enjoy the good defenses because i'm old and find it hard to change. but with the way the rules favor the passing game, a top rated offense keeps you in most games. Its not only the 5 yard rule, but the way it protects the QB too. You almost can't hit the QB without getting a penalty? Not high, not low, and not his helment even if HE ducked down.

Partly due to this protection, even 2nd tier QB's can get hot in a game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited: