• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PREDICTION THREAD: GAME 6 @ Baylor

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for Cool Beans to do his normal prediction thread, but it is Thursday night, so here goes. I have sufficiently recovered from my bi-polar fandom, and Mr. Optimistic is back. The stars align, and we come out smoking, WVU 35 Baylor 27. This game leads to our winning out, resulting in the Big 12 Championship becoming a shambles of 2 loss teams. Dana is awarded Big 12 Coach of the year. Now time for another Scotch.
:suds:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just may have had enough scotch already, Bat!!!!! I have thought about ways WVU could win this game, and have come up with none, Our passing offense is in shambles right now, I don't think there is any way we can outscore them, this is a MUCH better offensive team than we have seen this year, so our defense will be tested all game. If our offense turns it over like the last two games, it will be ugly. I hate saying this, but I think we get manhandled in this one, 63-24........sad

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor has played absolute garbage defenses and some garbage teams as well so far so... yea they have been impressive but then.. we were pretty impressive vs some lesser teams too so..

Prove it game for them this week and IF their defense cant find a way to produce a pass rush similar to OU and OSU then we could see Howard put it together for an entire game this week rather than a half a quarter or so.

Why not:noidea:

WVU 42
Baylor 41

Howard leads the team down the field on a game winning drive.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU 44

BAYLOR 42

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up guys? It's been a while since I've posted here but I still come and read the board daily. I did a little research and posted this the other day on the 247 board (user name mxracer1983 over there) to put into perspective how shitty the defenses that Baylor has faced this year are...Check it out:

I know it's been reiterated everywhere about how unstoppable Baylor's high octane offense is and it should be. They're ranked #1 in overall offense and averaging over 700 yds/game. Another thing that has been much debated is the quality of the defense's that they have faced. Just by looking at their schedule alone, it doesn't take a genius to see that the teams they have played doesn't have much success historically (except Texas Tech) and play in non Power 5 conferences and at the FCS level. Here's where their competition from this season ranks:

DEFENSE-----OVERALL------RUSH------PASS
SMU 125th 120th 114th
Rice 109th 77th 105th
TT 123rd 122nd 107th
KU 122nd 117th 115th

When you put the defensive rankings of these teams in front of your eyes, it puts into perspective (even more if that's possible) how incredibly bad their competition has been this season. WVU currently ranks 41st overall...46th against the run, and 50th against the pass. One could say that our rankings could be skewed by the 3 subpar OOC teams that we have faced this season but we did hold the Sooners to 3.2 yds per rush. Mayfield threw for 320 yards, but 71 of those was on blown coverage and a wonderfully executed play. We held OSU to 3.5 per rush, Rudolph threw for only 218 with 3 interceptions.

In both losses, it's obvious that the turnovers are what have kept us from a 4-1 or a potential 5-0 record. Our defense has played very well even though they have been put in very bad situations by the offense. I sincerely believe that we have just as good of chance to beat Baylor as anyone that they'll play this season if we limit the turnovers and penalties.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing Baylor face its first test of the season.

If Lamar and SMU can hang with the Bears, I feel good about WVU's chances to go toe to toe with them.

Can't wait...

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing Baylor face its first test of the season.

If Lamar and SMU can hang with the Bears, I feel good about WVU's chances to go toe to toe with them.

Can't wait...

Since Lamar is FCS, there wasn't a ranking to compare with but I knew that they hung with Baylor for a couple of quarters and dropped 31 points on them. Like others have said, my head says that we'll lose but my heart can't pick against my Mounties. 37-31 'Eers with DH leaning on the running game and making some adjustments to help get the ball out of Skylar's hand a little quicker. OL isn't good enough in pass protection to allow for long developing routes.