• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict where A.D. and Giannis sign their next contracts

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi Had you actually read my full post from that said thread, you would already know this. That, and the fact that he's never missed a game in three seasons, a rarity in the game today.

How was his approach any different than any young player ever signing a max? If you can quote one time where a young player signed his first big contract that actually talked NEGATIVELY about the team he signed with, I will self ban myself from the NBA forums for a month. Go ahead and try to find it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was his approach any different than any young player ever signing a max? If you can quote one time where a young player signed his first big contract that actually talked NEGATIVELY about the team he signed with, I will self ban myself from the NBA forums for a month. Go ahead and try to find it.

Paul George was always a petty individual that was all talk and no substance, like when he said publicly that "home court advantage" against Miami was always our goal, when I in fact knew that we would need to win at least one, if not two games, in Miami in order to beat them.

I especially get a kick out of you and two other posters continuously tag me in quotes of Paul George, as if I have some big opinion, when in fact I don't. I haven't created a George thread on here in over six months. We've moved on, and he's moved on as well (hopefully).

But that's still not going to prevent us from letting him hear it the one time each year the Thunder visit the Fieldhouse. :clap:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George was always a petty individual that was all talk and no substance, like when he said publicly that "home court advantage" against Miami was always our goal, when I in fact knew that we would need to win at least one, if not two games, in Miami in order to beat them.

I especially get a kick out of you and two other posters continuously tag me in quotes of Paul George, as if I have some big opinion, when in fact I don't. I haven't created a George thread on here in over six months. We've moved on, and he's moved on as well (hopefully).

But that's still not going to prevent us from letting him hear it the one time each year the Thunder visit the Fieldhouse. :clap:

That's all well and good, but you still didn't address my actual questions posed to you.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, again like with LeBron, you are the first one to bring up Paul George. And then say you aren't concerned about him and others tag you on quotes about him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, but you still didn't address my actual questions posed to you.

I precisely answered your question. Paul George has a knack for saying something and not backing it up. It's what he does. Even last season he labeled himself "Playoff P" and proceeded to score five point in OKC's elimination Game 6. He might say "he'd only see himself playing in Indy" but say something different the next day. He even admitted in his free agent documentary that during his youth he would only envision himself in a Lakers jersey. Basically, he is two-faced. This is who he always was. In years past I would roll with it since he was on my team, but he showed his true colors in 2017.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-10-20_11-14-25.jpeg
I literally spoke with this guy on twitter just yesterday. :lol:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I precisely answered your question. Paul George has a knack for saying something and not backing it up. It's what he does. Even last season he labeled himself "Playoff P" and proceeded to score five point in OKC's elimination Game 6. He might say "he'd only see himself playing in Indy" but say something different the next day. He even admitted in his free agent documentary that during his youth he would only envision himself in a Lakers jersey. Basically, he is two-faced. This is who he always was. In years past I would roll with it since he was on my team, but he showed his true colors in 2017.

No you didn’t. I said post a time where a young player signing his first max contract said something negative about the team. I’m not interested in your feelings of sincerity. I’m talking about actual facts here. Just post one time where a player has said something negative.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"During his youth he would only envision himself playing for the Lakers".

Do you not understand what that means? During his youth. When he was a kid.

During my youth, I always envisioned myself playing for the Bulls alongside Jordan and Pippen. Things have changed a lot since then. As I am sure they have for Paul George.

I am sure there was a time where he was quite happy in Indiana. Expressing that along with the fact that he was a Laker fan as a kid does not make him two faced.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

So a guy only envisioning himself in a Lakers jersey as a kid and changing based on the situation he finds himself in...means he's two-faced.

If you can't grasp that things change in people's lives and they may have to or choose to change their way of thinking, or what they wanted...:L

He said he didn't go to the Lakers because they didn't want to trade for him.

Something happened and he responded to it by making a change in what he wanted. Personally, I think it makes him stupid that he expected the Lakers to weaken their team by trading away assets when he could have just signed with him this off-season with those assets intact.

But it certainly doesn't make him "two-faced".

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both to the Warriors of course.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Giannis staying put though. He seems to like it there and they can pay more than anybody else can.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Giannis staying put though. He seems to like it there and they can pay more than anybody else can.

It is Milwaukee though.

Possible he resigns, but there will be some really attractive options for him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Milwaukee though.

Possible he resigns, but there will be some really attractive options for him.

Depends what his priorities are though. I thought he went back to Greece for the off season so the draw of another city might not be too big of a deal for him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what his priorities are though. I thought he went back to Greece for the off season so the draw of another city might not be too big of a deal for him.

Yep, occasionally these guys decide to stay with the smaller, less pressured market. They are more comfortable there (Westbrook, PG, etc)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers. Both of them.

Lakers gonna have Lebron, KD, Giannis, Ingram and Ball with Kuzma and Hart coming off the bench. :nod:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't.

Because I am not stuck in a 1980s way of thinking as you seem to be. Times have changed and players displaying personality is a good thing.

I would think the stuff that goes on the court should be our main topic of discussion, but to each his own I guess. Free agency in the 90's or the earlier portion of the 2000's decade was not discussed to the level it is today. In fact, it wasn't until LeBron's impending 2010 free agency that it was done so.

Turner = restricted FA

...Which is why I said I was not a fan of the move and still not, dum dum. It was a contract based on potential instead of production, and teams are setting themselves up for big problems by doing this.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have a narrative when it comes to Giannis lol. I was simply posting what a GM said about him. You’re reaching again.

Well the thread topic at hand is, in fact, about Giannis. It was you who changed the actual topic of discussion to fit your narrative.