• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict where A.D. and Giannis sign their next contracts

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis (free agent in 2020) - My pick is New Orleans. Knowing he was disrespected in free agency this year, I believe Julius Randle will be a breakout star this season, and a much better fit next to A.D. than Boogie. They could be ready to compete for the #3 seed (it would be tough for AD to leave that) if they are able to replace Rondo's playing. Signing Elfrid Payton to their biannual exception was a nice low-risk gamble.

Giannis (free agent in 2021) - Milwaukee. New stadium, relatively new ownership, he's not going anywhere. Obviously the 2019 decisions of Middleton and Bledsoe will at least have some bearing on what Giannis does, but in my humble opinion - Both of those guys would have to move on in order to get Giannis to legitimately look elsewhere.

All in all, not the sexiest predictions on my part. But, I truly believe these two guys will break the precedent set by the "look at me" generation, and I think Towns will follow suit when he signs his third contract. Hopefully Oladipo as well. :suds:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck it...

Giannis - Pacers
AD - Nuggets
:yahoo:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis (free agent in 2020) - My pick is New Orleans. Knowing he was disrespected in free agency this year, I believe Julius Randle will be a breakout star this season, and a much better fit next to A.D. than Boogie. They could be ready to compete for the #3 seed (it would be tough for AD to leave that) if they are able to replace Rondo's playing. Signing Elfrid Payton to their biannual exception was a nice low-risk gamble.

Giannis (free agent in 2021) - Milwaukee. New stadium, relatively new ownership, he's not going anywhere. Obviously the 2019 decisions of Middleton and Bledsoe will at least have some bearing on what Giannis does, but in my humble opinion - Both of those guys would have to move on in order to get Giannis to legitimately look elsewhere.

All in all, not the sexiest predictions on my part. But, I truly believe these two guys will break the precedent set by the "look at me" generation, and I think Towns will follow suit when he signs his third contract. Hopefully Oladipo as well. :suds:

First off, superstars do have a rather large financial incentive to stay with their home franchises, so they should always be given the advantage in these types of situations.

But, you need to stop with the "look at me" stuff. These athletes live in public eye where every move they make is analyzed and broken down. Aside from Butler, most of the athletes you have criticized for craving attention have actually done nothing more than look out for their own best interests. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Truthfully, every single one of the players you have criticized was viewed exactly as Davis, Giannis and Townes are now. It isn't until you get a year away from FA that you start to hear some of the rumbling, which is usually created by the media and not something the players in question seek out.

I have no idea where Davis and Giannis might end up. But, I would be a bit surprised if they both resign long term with their current franchise. And if they do choose to leave, it isn't because they are "selfish attention seekers".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck it...

Giannis - Pacers
AD - Nuggets
:yahoo:

I bet if AD threw a temper tantrum in practice and demanded a trade to the Nuggets, you would post about how heroic he was.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, not the sexiest predictions on my part. But, I truly believe these two guys will break the precedent set by the "look at me" generation, and I think Towns will follow suit when he signs his third contract. Hopefully Oladipo as well.

Great post until this part. What the fuck is your problem that you can't make a post without taking childish bullshit shots at players who are looking to do what they feel is best for themselves and their families?

Is it because none of them ever choose Indiana or Denver?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet if AD threw a temper tantrum in practice and demanded a trade to the Nuggets, you would post about how heroic he was.

lol

No doubt. He'd be talking about how that's exactly the kind of fiery leader that the team has needed to get to the next level, complete with a link to some blog he wrote about it that no one will read.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to team up and be the cornerstones of the expansion Seattle Sonics. How's that for a bold prediction?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to team up and be the cornerstones of the expansion Seattle Sonics. How's that for a bold prediction?

Nice. I think Seattle will get a team. I'd guess within about 5 years or so. But I think it will be because a team moves rather than expansion.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks. Both of em

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post until this part. What the fuck is your problem that you can't make a post without taking childish bullshit shots at players who are looking to do what they feel is best for themselves and their families?

Is it because none of them ever choose Indiana or Denver?
And if they do choose to leave, it isn't because they are "selfish attention seekers".

Are the two of you insinuating that the following vid below is not an example of "look at me attention seeking"? :scratch:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt it. In that I doubt he'd ever throw a tantrum and doubt I would react as such even if he did. To make such a move we would have to give up most our hard-earned young talent - Jamal Murray and much much more.

Believe it or not, I was previously in favor of absorbing Butler's baggage by sending off Gary Harris and his infuriating, nagging injuries along with a few other bits and pieces (Trey Lyles, Michael Porter Jr, and Juancho Hernangomez).

That notion has now gone by the wayside after Butler's practice tirade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the two of you insinuating that the following vid below is not an example of "look at me attention seeking"? :scratch:

A. It was a one time deal that was supposed to be for just Heat fans. I was and continue to be very critical of it. However, Lebron has also said that both it and The Decision were mistakes that wouldn't happen again and they haven't.

B. A one time thing like that does not mean that anyone who changes teams is "look at me attention seeking".

You had a great thread topic, a great, well thought out first post and had to fuck it up with unnecessary crap. Then, when that is pointed out to you...instead of admitting your mistake, you want to double down on it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a fair point but it doesn't really apply to anyone but LeBron today. Bosh is done and Wade is close. None of the guys we are talking about are doing that stuff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joking or not, it baffles me why this hasn't already happened.

The Clippers have made a few decisions over the years (mostly under Sterling) that are baffling.

When they first moved to LA, they were playing in the old, decrepit LA Sports Arena. Meanwhile, Anaheim built a (at the time) state of the art venue. The Clippers used to play a few games a season there and they were always very well attended. Anaheim all but begged them to move there.

But for whatever reason, Sterling wanted to be in LA where his team was virtually ignored and considered a "renter" when they moved to Staples Center. They have remained 2nd class citizens when they could have had Anaheim and Orange County to themselves.

I thought that when Ballmer bought them, he'd move them to Seattle. But he promised he wouldn't and stayed true to his word.

At least Ballmer is looking to build a new arena in Inglewood so they have a place of their own.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair point but it doesn't really apply to anyone but LeBron today. Bosh is done and Wade is close. None of the guys we are talking about are doing that stuff.

Heck, if nothing else, they learned from all the shit that was thrown at Lebron and the Heat for that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, LeBron does not have to seek attention. He gets more than enough without trying.

I think this video was a group of mid 20s besties who were excited about playing together. Was it in poor taste? Yes. But that doesn't mean that LeBron and Bosh changed teams to "seek attention". They changed teams to win championships. And they happened to make a few bad PR decisions on the way that pissed a lot of people off.

And yeah, let's not forget. The NBA does not exist without fans. That is why teams have victory parades after they win. And while this was clearly premature and they got nowhere near 8, Miami fans (and players) were super excited because they knew pairing prime LBJ, Wade and Bosh was almost surely going to lead to future championships.

When fans feel good about their team, they should celebrate. Because it is those good feelings that drive the entire league. And teams use these types of moments to generate more fan interest, because, you know, they are actually trying to make money.

You seem to want players to be completely silent "yes sir, no sir" robots with zero personality who just put their head down and play their entire careers with one franchise no matter what. You know, basically like Tim Duncan. But fact is, personality displays that you call "attention seeking" and the uncertainty of players changing teams actually help promote interest in the league and is therefor good for the sport. Whether you like it or not.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. This thread fared much better on this board than it did here on SportsHoopla.

I

The numbskulls on here turn this into a thread about LeBron and Durant moreso than the players actually mentioned in the thread title.
You were the first one to bring LeBron into the thread:doh: