• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Season Looks to be Scrapped Entirely

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL offers NFLPA to play zero preseason games leading up to 2020 regular season, per report

We had a thread about this when it looked like it may be cut in half. Now, it appears to be gone completely.

I'm a bit surprised. I thought the league would still push to have at least one pre-season game. It appears that positional and roster battles will have to be solved entirely in TC practices.

I do hate to make this another Mitch/Foles thread but... unless there never was going to be a real competition and Foles was always our guy? I think Mitch is going to be out there Week 1 in Detroit. Nagy has said Mitch will be out there with the 1's first. He doesn't really have an opportunity to even lose the job to Foles.

I guess we'll find out what Nagy and company really feel about Mitch. If they give Foles the nod after only some practice reps. That's a pretty damning move towards Trubisky by this organization.

At the end of the day - neither have ever played a full season. So, I think both start football games for us. Great, I did it, didn't I? Another Trubisky thread. lol

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire season (assuming there is one) revolves around our QB play improving...If it doesn't, we're gonna be over-ran pretenders again...so it should continue being the focal point of our discussion...because it is the discussion.

Our O-line is better than it played last year...because of Mitch and opposing teams knowing and planning because he's Mitch.

Our TE situation, which was 1b as a problem to our QB situation-although not a strength-has been upgraded tremendously because average is light years better than what we had last year.

Our receivers and backs have some suspicion tied to them, but as a unit should be service-able as long as Miller continues to improve. I'm still on the Montgomery train. Just need our passing game to be respected and he'll start being a big playmaker for us.

Defense is fine outside of injury.

Sooo...What else is there? ST's? Yeah...We talked about that some...Mainly the kicking situation...but that is basically it. This team needs a guy under center that isn't f*cking terrible out there...That's it...Then we make a run. Not might make a run...We WILL make a run if we have just some f*cking decent QB play.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a growing sentiment amongst the pundits that the NFL will definitely start the season, but will be unable to finish it.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some years back, part of the new CBA was a reduction in the intensity of training camp, reductions in full-equipment workouts, and reductions in contact drills. What we saw was shabby early season play and a lot more injuries as players came into the season unprepared.

I don't watch much pre-season stuff. But, the need for conditioning is real.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some years back, part of the new CBA was a reduction in the intensity of training camp, reductions in full-equipment workouts, and reductions in contact drills. What we saw was shabby early season play and a lot more injuries as players came into the season unprepared.

Could not agree more. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that if the league really does eliminate the preseason altogether, week one of the regular season will set a record for most opening week injuries incurred.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There will definitely be some cobwebs to get out in September. It won't be the prettiest, I'm sure.

Hopefully staffs can facilitate a more competitive training camp practice environment than usual. Jobs will be won/lost soley based on practice reps.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a clusterfuck. The NFL has no clue how to proceed.

I saw a tweet last week from Laremy Tunsil, stating that there will be no post-game interactions inside of 6 feet, and no jersey exchanges for the 2020 season.

LOFL. What in the actual fuck!? So, you can smash into each other for 4 hours straight, but no chit chat after the game??

Fuck 2020 in it's earhole.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a clusterfuck. The NFL has no clue how to proceed.

I saw a tweet last week from Laremy Tunsil, stating that there will be no post-game interactions inside of 6 feet, and no jersey exchanges for the 2020 season.

LOFL. What in the actual fuck!? So, you can smash into each other for 4 hours straight, but no chit chat after the game??

Fuck 2020 in it's earhole.

I cannot wait until this shit is nothing more than a bad memory. Holy god, this shit sucks. No doubt. We should be enjoying our summers, mid baseball season, and getting ready to have the Bears report to camp with no second thoughts. Instead, we have fights over if players should be able to shake hands. It's nuts. lol