• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PRE-SEASON football magazine release dates for 2019

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, only Lindy's has released definitive dates for the newsstand releases of their football magazines:

May 21 - SEC Football Edition
May 28 - National College Football Edition
June 11 - Pro Football
June 11 - Big 10 Football
June 25 - Alabama Football Inside the Huddle

I couldn't find any information on Street & Smith's College Football Yearbook, but it is usually the first or second to hit the stands.

Also could not find anything on Athlon Sports release dates, but they tend to overlap with Lindy's.

Phil Steele's College Football Yearbook is due in mid-June at a date to be determined.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindy’s always seems to have some SEC bias, while I find Athlon jumps on the West Coast bandwagon. Can never fully rely on one of them. And Phil Steele is a narcissistic tool.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindy’s always seems to have some SEC bias, while I find Athlon jumps on the West Coast bandwagon. Can never fully rely on one of them. And Phil Steele is a narcissistic tool.
I thought AG said Athlon has a Nebraska bias?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought AG said Athlon has a Nebraska bias?
Again this is always personal oponion. I just always found Athlon to show clear favoritism to the PAC 12 while Lindy’s is similar to the SEC. I can’t really stomach any of the others. Phil Steele is mostly writing 500 pages of, “Look at me, that one pick I made 5 years ago was right. Also look at me, my number 45 of the top 50 dark horse teams to make the playoffs did.”

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindy's is published out of Birmingham, so it kind of makes sense that they would lean a little towards the SEC (since they know that area of the country so well). Athlon is based in Nashville, so I don't know where any West Coast bias might be coming from.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindy's is published out of Birmingham, so it kind of makes sense that they would lean a little towards the SEC (since they know that area of the country so well). Athlon is based in Nashville, so I don't know where any West Coast bias might be coming from.
Not shocked about Lindy’s, am a bit surprised about Athlon. Like I said, could easily be just my perception as a kid.

When I was younger, I would read all these magazines like 5 times each front to back and back to front. West Coast teams always seemed to be ranked in the top ten etc. Might just be the perception I have maintained from years ago.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocked about Lindy’s, am a bit surprised about Athlon. Like I said, could easily be just my perception as a kid.

When I was younger, I would read all these magazines like 5 times each front to back and back to front. West Coast teams always seemed to be ranked in the top ten etc. Might just be the perception I have maintained from years ago.

Well, years ago, USC was a perennial powerhouse. Not so much these days. Washington had a few years as a power team before nearly fading away; now they are back to playing good football again. Arizona St. was a power while Frank Kush was head coach, and BYU had several good years before deciding to go the independent route. And Boise St. was damned good a few years ago, but they are more in the realm of "ordinary" good these days.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, years ago, USC was a perennial powerhouse. Not so much these days. Washington had a few years as a power team before nearly fading away; now they are back to playing good football again. Arizona St. was a power while Frank Kush was head coach, and BYU had several good years before deciding to go the independent route. And Boise St. was damned good a few years ago, but they are more in the realm of "ordinary" good these days.
That is kind of my perspective, USC was always ranked 1 when I was a kid, or at least it seemed like it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s true. Even as little as 5 years ago the PAC was one of the best conferences in football, now it’s a complete laughingstock.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s true. Even as little as 5 years ago the PAC was one of the best conferences in football, now it’s a complete laughingstock.

They need Oregon to get back

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying my first football magazine of the year is like unwrapping a virgin. Great to have it in your hands and unbelievable to possess the contents.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why when people are like, oh man Herm Edwards is the man for what he did in year one. And it makes me say, “seriously?” No disrespect to the man, again he had a solid first year, but he should have against the competition in the PAC 12 South.

When you have teams like Arizona with a revolving door or mediocre coaches, UCLA who was miserable with/without Chip Kelly. No disrespect to Arizona fans, but basically this school has become home to wash out coaches who couldn’t succeed in major conferences and the Wildcats are like,” sure why not, we’ll take him.”

Really has been a massive drop off in recent years.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like reading them as well. If I had to pick 1 it would be Lindy's.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, only Lindy's has released definitive dates for the newsstand releases of their football magazines:

May 21 - SEC Football Edition
May 28 - National College Football Edition
June 11 - Pro Football
June 11 - Big 10 Football
June 25 - Alabama Football Inside the Huddle

I couldn't find any information on Street & Smith's College Football Yearbook, but it is usually the first or second to hit the stands.

Also could not find anything on Athlon Sports release dates, but they tend to overlap with Lindy's.

Phil Steele's College Football Yearbook is due in mid-June at a date to be determined.
preorder on line usually is a little sooner.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to see it. Preseason about 10ish for your boys. Seems ambitious.

Seems high to me. They really are banking on Herbert carrying the offense IMO

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems high to me. They really are banking on Herbert carrying the offense IMO

Sophomore to Junior “jump” was a disappointment even though he was healthy. I like the loyalty though from the hometown kid though. Hopefully he can take it to a new level.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picked up Lindy's national last night