• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Preseason Playoff Predictions

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to have much confidence in the Jags with Bortles at QB. They had another good draft on the defensive side of the ball I thought so they may just hang around unlike past D's that have regressed significantly like the Jets, Seahawks, and Broncos most recently. Bortles is more than capable of cratering a SB team to 8-8. They have no excuses for failing to win the SB last year.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a low turnover year to me. We know who sucks and is good for the most part. Maybe the Cards, 49ers, Texans and Bears can sneak in and show me to be wrong. Now that I think of it, I’d probably put the Pack in as a WC just because of Rodgers, but meh.

injuries always end up changing the landscape.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries always end up changing the landscape.
Yeah, that's true. I can't make a reasonable prediction on that, with the exception of if it is based on injury history; for instance I can predict relatively confidently Varrett will not last a full season with LAC. Good reason why predictions at this point in time are to a great degree futile. Injury makes the variance pretty huge. NFC is going to have some good teams be vulnerable to a team that stays abnormally healthy; especially NFC South teams.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to have much confidence in the Jags with Bortles at QB. They had another good draft on the defensive side of the ball I thought so they may just hang around unlike past D's that have regressed significantly like the Jets, Seahawks, and Broncos most recently. Bortles is more than capable of cratering a SB team to 8-8. They have no excuses for failing to win the SB last year.

If they give him weapons on offense to balance out what they've done on defense they'll be ok but they've let some good WR's walk in FA like Robinson and Hurns. I'm just not so sure if the Jags will get back to the playoffs this season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give him weapons on offense to balance out what they've done on defense they'll be ok but they've let some good WR's walk in FA like Robinson and Hurns. I'm just not so sure if the Jags will get back to the playoffs this season.
He had weapons last year and pissed himself more than a few times. The Jags should probably have a lombardi if they drafted any of the top 3 QB's from last year, imo. The Jags roster is obscene outside of QB when you look at it.

Nick Foles>>>>> Bortles

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the NFC West, the Rams are the only team I would put in the Playoffs right now. There are too many issues with the other NFC West teams right now to put them in the playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Tampa is easily the worst team in that division, I just can't see that defense winning the division... But who knows...
Its a much better defense than last year but they are probably one of the least proven secondaries in the NFL which could cost them. They have one talented young safety and they drafted 2 cornerbacks but Vernon Hargreaves being a slot cornerback means that Brent Grimes has to stay healthy and viable while also getting immediate production from either Carlton Davis or MJ Stewart which isnt a guarantee.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that the combo of Fournette and Sacksonville is enough to led them to the AFC Championship game berth again.

But Bortles finds a new home next season

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had weapons last year and pissed himself more than a few times. The Jags should probably have a lombardi if they drafted any of the top 3 QB's from last year, imo. The Jags roster is obscene outside of QB when you look at it.

Nick Foles>>>>> Bortles

Wasn't Hurns and Robinson hurt last year????

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers and Wahsington in the playoffs? What are you smoking and where can I get some? lol
Chargers should be all but a lock. They may have been the 2nd best team in the AFC the last 3/4 of last year . With KC down a little bit I actually could see LA winning that division by as many as 4 games. Curious anyone would think the Chargers is s weird pick . Washington is more out there but I like what they did in the draft and they've got some real talent at skill positions. Alex Smith wins as has win everyone he's been since 2010. He's the perfect fit for that team and it's strengths on offense. If he can take a 2-14 Chiefs team to the playoffs year 1 I don't see any reason he can't do the same with Washington but I'll grant you it's a bigger stretch than LA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers should be all but a lock. They may have been the 2nd best team in the AFC the last 3/4 of last year . With KC down a little bit I actually could see LA winning that division by as many as 4 games. Curious anyone would think the Chargers is s weird pick . Washington is more out there but I like what they did in the draft and they've got some real talent at skill positions. Alex Smith wins as has win everyone he's been since 2010. He's the perfect fit for that team and it's strengths on offense. If he can take a 2-14 Chiefs team to the playoffs year 1 I don't see any reason he can't do the same with Washington but I'll grant you it's a bigger stretch than LA.
I have to admit that its weird that I'm higher on the Giants next year than you are and you've been talking up Barkley for months.

Just curious but do you think Alex Smith is better than Kirk Cousins?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that its weird that I'm higher on the Giants next year than you are and you've been talking up Barkley for months.

Just curious but do you think Alex Smith is better than Kirk Cousins?
I prefer Smith because I think protecting the ball is the most underrated thing in the NFL. Plus Smith is more mobile and smarter. For MOST, not all but most, teams the guy who protects the ball and can buy time when he needs to is a better option than the guy with superior arm talent. Not as sexy but better. That's part of the reason I'm not high in the Giants despite Barkley. Eli just is top careless with the ball. He can get hot in small stretches but he's won a playoff game in 2 of his 14 seasons for a reason

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Smith because I think protecting the ball is the most underrated thing in the NFL. Plus Smith is more mobile and smarter. For MOST, not all but most, teams the guy who protects the ball and can buy time when he needs to is a better option than the guy with superior arm talent. Not as sexy but better. That's part of the reason I'm not high in the Giants despite Barkley. Eli just is top careless with the ball. He can get hot in small stretches but he's won a playoff game in 2 of his 14 seasons for a reason
The Eli vs Alex Smith comparison is interesting because Eli beat Alex Smith on the way to one of his super bowls because all Smith did was protect the ball but they couldn't score.

Its definitely something that works both ways. You have to make plays and you have to avoid mistakes.

Then again, Cousins...
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...ls-worst-red-zone-qb-and-its-not-close-091916

...has not always been great in the red zone

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC

1) Vikings
2) Saints
3) Cowboys
4) Rams
5) Packers
6) Panthers

AFC
1) Pats
2) Steelers
3) Texans
4) Chiefs
5) Raiders
6) Jags

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eli vs Alex Smith comparison is interesting because Eli beat Alex Smith on the way to one of his super bowls because all Smith did was protect the ball but they couldn't score.

Its definitely something that works both ways. You have to make plays and you have to avoid mistakes.

Then again, Cousins...
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...ls-worst-red-zone-qb-and-its-not-close-091916

I think you're going to see Minnesota drop precipitously in defensive ranking this year as Cousins is a gunslinger and is going to put them in worse spots via turnover. He's also crazy talented and has a shit ton of weapons so his numbers will be good , I just don't know if that's going to equate to more wins for them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then again, Cousins...

Without a doubt part of that loss was on Alex. The NY Giants had Alex Smith and the 49ers number. The season following that loss the New York Giants beat us again and Alex had an awful game. Alex is a good QB and will play to the level of talent around him. He was never asked to carry the team. He was surrounded with one of the league's best defenses, oline, and running games and Alex was able to effectively manage games