• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pratta's 49ers Mock draft Rounds 1-7 No Trades

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 1 WR STRONG A.S.

ROUND 2 G Jeremiah Poutasi Utah

ROUND 3 S Herod Holliman Louisville

ROUND 4 CB Ronald Darby FSU

ROUND 5 ILB Stephane Antony Clem

ROUND 6 WR Tre Mcbride William&Marry

ROUND 6 S/DB Byron Jones UCONN

ROUND 7 ILB Derrick Malone Oregon

ROUND 7 Lil drama kaps back up gets drafted to be kaps backup QB Cody Fajardo Nevada

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the picks with Strong, Poutasi and Darby. Byron Jones is a good pick but no way he will be available in round 6. He killed it at the combine and will prolly be drafted in the 2nd round maybe 3rd. Drafting 2 ILBs and no DE seems like a horrible idea. I don't even know if we have to draft an ILB let alone 2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ROUND 1 WR STRONG A.S.

ROUND 7 Lil drama kaps back up gets drafted to be kaps backup QB Cody Fajardo Nevada

I'm always for maximum talent in the higher rounds, so if these are our BPA's, fine with me. From a Need standpoint it is hard to see the logic, but draft picks are viewed long term. For the later rounds and maybe even 'mid' rounds (whatever mid means to you), we can move off the 'BPA' extreme. The better your team, the more you can move off the BPA 'extreme'. For myself, high rounds are 1-3, mid are 4 and 5.

agree two ILB's 5th round on is difficult to see, but then again one might be adept at covering TE's? Even another Safety round 6, after taking one in round 3? Anyway, these rounds you would look for 'role' players so these positions could be mis-leading? Examples are a NB like Ward, a 'short yardage' NT, a Gunner, etc.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 1 WR STRONG A.S.

ROUND 1 WR STRONG A.S.

I disagree I think we go CB with the 1st pick and WR 2nd rd. Only way we go WR in the 1st is if Parker, White or Cooper falls to us. We need a CB in a bad way. I would then go Guard in the 3rd. TE in the 4th and then DL and then Safety.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I didn't go DLINE is becuase for those who have been on here or the Bspn board no I'm close to a couple players and ppl in the niner organization and I kno they are high on Tank okoye TJE and might extend Dorsey for the right price. Not to mention Ian, so we are pretty thick guys! On top of having docketand maybe Smith back. TE DL should be a dressed next year unless Brown or Sheldon falls to Us IMO and I don't see Tre being there at 15 so if it's out of Collins or strong I'm taking strong.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB wholite gone next year maybe moody as well and navarrow might not be the same you have to bring in at least 2 ILB

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And deep I am going BPA true jones might not be there in the 6th but I just can't watch Craig Dahl any longer My God!!!! We need another young safety.
But I think Tre Sheldon brown cooper and white will be gone so if those ppl art avaliable who would you pick up ? And Collins won't last till that 2nd round pick and like I said Strong is a better player then any other DB besides Tre

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ILB wholite gone next year maybe moody as well and navarrow might not be the same you have to bring in at least 2 ILB

if value is there fine, but wouldn't you also carry this thinking to another spot? I'm sure there will be other FA's besides ILB's, why not spend a pick planning for that one?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And deep I am going BPA true jones might not be there in the 6th but I just can't watch Craig Dahl any longer My God!!!! We need another young safety.
But I think Tre Sheldon brown cooper and white will be gone so if those ppl art avaliable who would you pick up ? And Collins won't last till that 2nd round pick and like I said Strong is a better player then any other DB besides Tre

yes, if that is good value at round 5, fine with me.

Dahl just got another contract so apparently he's good depth. speaking of depth, odds are most back-ups won't look good. :-)

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True I think it's just not that many good safeties in the league right now so they stuck with who knows the system and plays special teams but for jaheebas sake the dude gets toasted! !

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We also have Shane Skov on the practice squad who to me was a SOLID UDFA pickup from a VERY deep draft. I actually feel as if Baalke signed Desmond Bishop late last season more to keep other teams potentially see what Baalke (and some of us who have watch Skov play extensively) believes he has in talent. Keeping him hidden on our PS with promises of being given an opportunity to earn his roster spot in 2015 seems to be the best case scenario that I can wrap my head around.

In terms of the draft itself, I cannot see us NOT addressing DL in some fashion, but it would have to be a playmaker. This draft seems to be thin at DL, so IMO if we are looking for a playmaker, DL has to be addressed within the first 3 rounds and addressed aggressively. It could be a high value IR stash job, like Tank, Marcus Lattimore, and Brandon Thomas were, but it would NEED to be addressed whether Cowboy retires or not. We have plenty of warm bodies and some questions that need to be answered. We don't know if Dockett will be anything resembling the Dockett of old, we don't know if Cowboy is coming back, both Dorsey and Ian Williams are coming off serious leg injuries, TJE is a serviceable rotational player but shouldn't be counted on to log serious PT. We have no idea what we are getting from Ramsey because he hasn't shown to be able to stay on the field for an entire season. Tank and Dial have been serviceable replacements with some upside IMO. Tank has shown to be able to get to the QB in small sample sizes and just needs to hold the point and draw up blockers with the run to be an above average DE IMO. Dial did best at DE pushing blockers back into the pocket but got worked consistently when he was forced into the NT job when Dorsey and Ian went down. I like him and think he could develop into a solid starter a la Ray Ray.

We need a playmaking DE long term, we need playmaking WR long term, we need playmaking CB long term. We are hemorrhaging ILB and shouldn't be any sort of early-mid round pick. Moody played ok in forced PT last season. Wilhoite is probably no longer on the trade block with Willis' retirement and he would start on most teams. Bowman may not be the same but I'm guessing he'd still be above average coming back. I haven't even mentioned Borland, who was sensational last year.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with dredinis21. We already have Bowman, Aldon, Borland, Lynch, Brooks, Wilhoite, Moody and Lemonier. I also agree Skov has a shot to man the 53 man roster as an ILB. Im not sure if its just me but watching Skov play in college he seems to be just like Chris Borland to me. Skov is taller than Borland but both dont have speed. They are great at seeing the field and being ballhawks. This years draft class of LBs are very weak if you dont get one of the top LBs. I could see us drafting maybe one LB late just cuz we have 9 picks. But I wouldnt give a late draft LB a shot at even making the roster.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would think Baalke and Tomsula will pick offense as needing immediate impact needed for new players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love all the mocks. Completely useless. I wonder if they ever got a 49er pick right.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"@MaioccoCSN: 49ers LB Chris Borland tells Mark Fainaru-Wada & Steve Fainaru of "Outside the Lines" he is retiring due to “long-term effects” head trauma."

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ummm ????

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to change mock draft. We need a MLB now bad

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to change mock draft. We need a MLB now bad

Eric Kendricks UCLA, Benardrick McKinney Miss St., Denzel Perryman Miami and Paul Dawson TCU are the top 4 MLB in the draft. I dont think any of them are worth the #15 pick. I think all are late 1st or early 2nd round picks. We might have to take one of these guys with our 2nd round pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Kendricks UCLA, Benardrick McKinney Miss St., Denzel Perryman Miami and Paul Dawson TCU are the top 4 MLB in the draft. I dont think any of them are worth the #15 pick. I think all are late 1st or early 2nd round picks. We might have to take one of these guys with our 2nd round pick.
hope we can land one in the 2nd

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15: R1P15
CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE

46: R2P14
ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY