• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Practice Squad Eligible

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed some people have asked about Practice Squad eligiblility, I found this article, and have listed the players for the lazy reader.

Who is eligible for the 49ers practice squad? - Niners Nation

Carter Bykowski OL
Marcus Cooper CB
B.J. Daniels QB
MarQueis Gray TE
D.J. Harper RB
Chuck Jacobs WR
Travis Johnson ILB
Corey Lemonier OLB
Kevin McDermott LS
Vance McDonald TE
Mike Purcell NT
Nick Moody ILB
Darryl Morris CB
Lawrence Okoye DL
Patrick Omameh OL
Quinton Patton WR
Eric Reid S
Jason Schepler FB
Colton Schmidt P

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I noticed some people have asked about Practice Squad eligiblility, I found this article, and have listed the players for the lazy reader.

Who is eligible for the 49ers practice squad? - Niners Nation

Carter Bykowski OL
Marcus Cooper CB
B.J. Daniels QB
MarQueis Gray TE
D.J. Harper RB
Chuck Jacobs WR
Travis Johnson ILB
Corey Lemonier OLB
Kevin McDermott LS
Vance McDonald TE
Mike Purcell NT
Nick Moody ILB
Darryl Morris CB
Lawrence Okoye DL
Patrick Omameh OL
Quinton Patton WR
Eric Reid S
Jason Schepler FB
Colton Schmidt P

That's just the rookies. Here are the rest:

Jewel Hampton RB

Cam Johnson OLB
Tony Jerod-Eddie DL
Al Netter OL
Wayne Tribue OL
Michael Thomas DB
Nate Stupar ILB

Ricardo Lockette WR
Kenny Wiggins OL

It's worth looking at the article, though, as designations differ. The last two guys, for instance, could not stay on the PS if there is an opening on the 53-man roster.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the rookies. Here are the rest:

Jewel Hampton RB

Cam Johnson OLB
Tony Jerod-Eddie DL
Al Netter OL
Wayne Tribue OL
Michael Thomas DB
Nate Stupar ILB

Ricardo Lockette WR
Kenny Wiggins OL

It's worth looking at the article, though, as designations differ. The last two guys, for instance, could not stay on the PS if there is an opening on the 53-man roster.

You are right my bad for not catching that. thank you

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, if I had to fill it out right now, based on what I've read/seen so far:

Marquis Gray (loved this signing)
Lawrence Okoye
Darryl Morris
Chuck Jacobs
Marcus Cooper
Carter Bykowski
Cam Johnson
Lockette

I'd keep 2 WRs because of our issues there. Lockette is there rather than on the 53 man because I'd be worried he'd get enough games on the roster that he would lose his PS eligibility when Crabtree comes back and would end up getting cut outright. If he would still be eligible, I'd grab a WR from another team.

Johnson, Cooper and Morris because you can't have too many pass rushers or CBs and I don't think there's room on the 53 for them (Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Dkuta and LeMonier//Rogers, Brown, Brock, Wright, Aso)

I love the versatility of Marquis Gray and he seems to be catching the ball well in camp.

I'm assuming that BJ Daniels makes the 53 man (due to his versatility)

No RBs because I feel the PS should be guys that have a shot at getting to the 53, and I don't see an opening at RB with Gore, Hunter, James and Dixon all likely making the 53 man (along with Miller).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, if I had to fill it out right now, based on what I've read/seen so far:

Marquis Gray (loved this signing)
Lawrence Okoye
Darryl Morris
Chuck Jacobs
Marcus Cooper
Carter Bykowski
Cam Johnson
Lockette

I'd keep 2 WRs because of our issues there. Lockette is there rather than on the 53 man because I'd be worried he'd get enough games on the roster that he would lose his PS eligibility when Crabtree comes back and would end up getting cut outright. If he would still be eligible, I'd grab a WR from another team.

Johnson, Cooper and Morris because you can't have too many pass rushers or CBs and I don't think there's room on the 53 for them (Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Dkuta and LeMonier//Rogers, Brown, Brock, Wright, Aso)

I love the versatility of Marquis Gray and he seems to be catching the ball well in camp.

I'm assuming that BJ Daniels makes the 53 man (due to his versatility)

No RBs because I feel the PS should be guys that have a shot at getting to the 53, and I don't see an opening at RB with Gore, Hunter, James and Dixon all likely making the 53 man (along with Miller).

I was thinking much the same thing. I'm tempted to keep Michael Thomas as he can play either safety spot and nickel corner, and we'll need to make some safety moves next year. I could see him beating out someone. I think Hampton is a strong consideration if he doesn't make the active roster as well. A bit torn on Johnson. We'll likely have five OLBs on the active roster as you note. I think Johnson has to show well in preseason and in practice to make the PS, but he's got a solid shot. I'd like to see him succeed, but I was pretty disappointed with his play in the first preseason game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Must admit, I didn't read your last paragraph, Imac. I'd consider Hampton because Hunter is coming back from a serious injury, Gore may be gone next year, and Lattimore is a complete unknown. Hampton may have the surest thing we have backing Gore up as a primary back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHy isn't AJ Jenkins on that list? That's about all he good for

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
other than looking like Hercules, I haven't read anything positive - football wise - on Okoye? we have read he's gotten from 'nothing' to 'bad', but a bad football player is still bad.

nothing against Okoye, but his lack of experience seems much too hard to overcome? based on what i've read so far, don't think he'll make the PS.

now if he does, hey not a problem, just giving my opinion.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Must admit, I didn't read your last paragraph, Imac. I'd consider Hampton because Hunter is coming back from a serious injury, Gore may be gone next year, and Lattimore is a complete unknown. Hampton may have the surest thing we have backing Gore up as a primary back.

I don't think Hampton will ever be anything resembling a quality every down RB, so i don't see a need for him on the PS.

I'm not concerned with Hunter because even if he isn't ready to go, or re-injures himself, we have Gore, James and Dixon.

If we end up needing another RB, I'm certain Hampton can be had as a street FA as well.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
other than looking like Hercules, I haven't read anything positive - football wise - on Okoye? we have read he's gotten from 'nothing' to 'bad', but a bad football player is still bad.

nothing against Okoye, but his lack of experience seems much too hard to overcome? based on what i've read so far, don't think he'll make the PS.

I figure if the team didn't see potential in him they wouldn't have signed him. The staff has had positive things to say about his progress. I can't see them cutting bait after a month and a half in pads if he is progressing. They'll find a spot for him.

Particularly with the depth we lack on DL with Carradine and Dial injured and no timeline on their return.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Hampton will ever be anything resembling a quality every down RB, so i don't see a need for him on the PS.

I'm not concerned with Hunter because even if he isn't ready to go, or re-injures himself, we have Gore, James and Dixon.

If we end up needing another RB, I'm certain Hampton can be had as a street FA as well.

I don't personally have a strong feeling on Hampton, but we activated him to the 53-man roster last year despite having Gore, James, and Dixon. Hell, and Jacobs if we'd really wanted him. The coaching staff seems to like him quite a lot. I think he's got a decent shot at the PS.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It's a question of how much he has improved. If he's developing quickly, I think we keep him for his upside.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see on the PS:

Morris
Cooper
Thomas
Gray
Hampton
Okoye
Bykowski
Johnson (although I am not sold that he has the instincts to be able to play OLB effectively)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe that BJ Daniels makes the 53 as 3rd QB/H-Back