• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz...

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I've missed it posted somewhere else I'm curious who you'd like the team to draft. Last year you were hopeful about Eddie Lacy. What is your dream scenario for this years draft?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gghherm... Not that anybody is asking but I can remember two times my dream scenario came true. the first one was when Crabtree fell to 10th and we picked him (Thank you Al Davis) and the second happened last year when we drafted Marcus Lattimore in the 4th round.

This year my dream scenario is that we draft QB Tom Savage with a mid round draft pick.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Mine has happened a cpl times..

When we drafted Willis in 07 I ran around my apt and ran outside a got a call from my buddy who was studying abroad in England who was at a bar at 9 AM there watching the draft

And last year when we got Lattimore and Patton I ran around my house and picked up my fiancés brother in law who is 6'0 260 and carried him around the living room and slapped hands as The Waterboy says

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Starting last year a little bit and again this year a lot more than last I've been calling for things that have a lot more boom or bust elements to them than I ever have in my lifetime as a 49ers fan. It's become more and more necessary to go this route in my opinion based on so many of the moves and non-moves they've made for 2 years now.

I can't get into ranking these players right now but I can address this again in a later post if you want me to get into a "who would you rather have" and "where would you take him vs. him" kind of discussion. I'll give just my favorite options that are either musts or close to at each position to keep it short for now.

Quarterback - A.J. McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, Logan Thomas, possibly Aarron Murray. I'd have been interested in seeing Mark Sanchez as a project backup had he been interested.

Now I have interest in seeing one of those 3 or maybe 4 guys as the developmental backup behind Kaepernick for now. I really like a lot of the things Roman brings to the table with young QBs but I have zero hope, faith, or whatever in Blaine Gabbert. With that said, and just about anybody would've been an upgrade, he's better than Colt McCoy.

Running Back - Carlos Hyde. I worry a little bit about his maturity and relying on him as much as I want to rely on a guy at that spot but he's my favorite option in this draft by quite a bit.

I worry big time about the 49ers RBs for this year and beyond that. I'm very hard on and very choosy with RBs. I HATE seeing the wrong RB added more than most positions (said the same thing the day LaMichael James was added.

I don't know anybody on here that Hyde added as much as I do (maybe there's somebody else) and anybody that values and looks at the RB position the way that I still do. There's going to be quite a few guys in the 30-60 range I'm going to be screaming for and seeing a lot of them go elsewhere will be hard.

Wide Receivers - This is hard to just list a few names and there are SO many scenarios with this position this year.

I like Sammy Watkins a whole lot more than I did a year ago. I don't see a scenario where the 49ers can get up high enough to take him without giving up too much in return but I'll almost guarantee you that I'll end up saying after they pick that I'd have rather the 49ers gave up the farm to get into position to take him than live with the player they will eventually take. My patience with Baalke and company overall, and especially at the WR position, isn't very good right now. Side note: I don't want the 49ers have to face him twice a year even if he has something average at QB.

Marqise Lee is one of those boom or semi-bust type moves I talked about. He's in the range where there's a whole lot of players I like though.

I liked Odell Beckham Jr. a lot more than many did for much of the football season but now it's gotten to the point where I get the sense that he'll go higher than I'd feel comfortable with. I like the player but I don't like where I'm hearing he'll go. I wouldn't take him in the first 32 unless something really strange and unpredictable happened.

Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, and Jordan Matthews all have things about them I really like but are in a similar boat where they'll probably go higher than I'd like.

Donte Moncrief is intriguing in similar ways that Lee is to me but it's REALLY hard to get a good read on his range. I couldn't do it in the 2nd round but possibly starting somewhere in the early 3rd maybe.

Paul Richardson, Dri Archer, Robert Herron, Tevin Reese, Jeff Janis, Jalen Saunders, Cody Hoffman, and Allen Hurns are a just few beyond that. I didn't get to see Herron as much DURING the year as I would've liked so I can't say I liked him throughout the entire process but he really jumped up to me once the offseason got going and I got to see a few of his games. Reese, for some reason, isn't named as much as I think he should be. Saunders could be an all-purpose weapon that won't ever be close to a #1 but he could be an annoying pest that I'd fear if inside the NFC West on another team.

TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins is incredibly intriguing as an on-the-field mismatch/creative weapon type but his character scares me and fits right in with that risk theme I keep talking about. He probably won't be realistic when it comes down to it because there's too many guys in his range that I like.

OT - None are really realistic for the 49ers but to keep it short G-Rob, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, Antonio Richardson, and Cornelius Lucas are the standouts but not really related to this topic very much except for maybe Lucas.

OG - Gabe Jackson is one of my favorites this year. I was all over Larry Warford last year and he ended up playing really well for Detroit. He compares to him quite a bit except I don't like Jackson as much. Warford isn't for everybody's team but he's one of the few OL this year I wouldn't hate early on if they went for a surprise.

C - Marcus Martin. I just wish he had longer arms. If he fails at center then they'll probably have to cut him. Weston Richburg in round 3 and after only. James Stone as a developmental type. There's a high level of bust factor with him IMO.

DE - Dee Ford, Demarcus Lawrence (huge character risk but has a really high ceiling IMO and can be moved around)

DT - Aaron Donald (not for the 49ers but I want to list him anyway). Justin Ellis, maybe Daniel McCullers.

ILB - Chris Borland is one of my favorite pound-for-pound players available this year. He's one of the easier guys to root for in life, too. Andrew Jackson.

CB - Another position I've been screaming over the past few years. I think they've bungled this area. At very least I haven't understood their thinking/planning, etc. with this spot.

I'm EXTREMELY picky with this position as well and there are quite a few guys I like this year. Bradley Roby, Keith McGill, Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert, Antone Exum, Walt Aikens, Chris Davis, Dontae Johnson, Brandon Dixon, Travis Carrie, and there's maybe another dozen or so that are developmental types that I'd like to see added after the draft as well if available.

Roby, McGill, and Fuller are three of my favorite players available this year and will be near the top of my list Thursday night.

Safety - Deone Bucannon will be one of my top players to target in round two. Dion Bailey, Craig Loston (might not be the greatest fit but he's a player), Ahmad Dixon (should be one of my favorite day three players), Maurice Alexander, LJ McCray (from Catawba), Mycal Swaim, Shamiel Gary, Jerome Couplin III, Deron Furr.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Starting last year a little bit and again this year a lot more than last I've been calling for things that have a lot more boom or bust elements to them than I ever have in my lifetime as a 49ers fan. It's become more and more necessary to go this route in my opinion based on so many of the moves and non-moves they've made for 2 years now.

I can't get into ranking these players right now but I can address this again in a later post if you want me to get into a "who would you rather have" and "where would you take him vs. him" kind of discussion. I'll give just my favorite options that are either musts or close to at each position to keep it short for now.

Quarterback - A.J. McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, Logan Thomas, possibly Aarron Murray. I'd have been interested in seeing Mark Sanchez as a project backup had he been interested.

Now I have interest in seeing one of those 3 or maybe 4 guys as the developmental backup behind Kaepernick for now. I really like a lot of the things Roman brings to the table with young QBs but I have zero hope, faith, or whatever in Blaine Gabbert. With that said, and just about anybody would've been an upgrade, he's better than Colt McCoy.

Running Back - Carlos Hyde. I worry a little bit about his maturity and relying on him as much as I want to rely on a guy at that spot but he's my favorite option in this draft by quite a bit.

I worry big time about the 49ers RBs for this year and beyond that. I'm very hard on and very choosy with RBs. I HATE seeing the wrong RB added more than most positions (said the same thing the day LaMichael James was added.

I don't know anybody on here that Hyde added as much as I do (maybe there's somebody else) and anybody that values and looks at the RB position the way that I still do. There's going to be quite a few guys in the 30-60 range I'm going to be screaming for and seeing a lot of them go elsewhere will be hard.

Wide Receivers - This is hard to just list a few names and there are SO many scenarios with this position this year.

I like Sammy Watkins a whole lot more than I did a year ago. I don't see a scenario where the 49ers can get up high enough to take him without giving up too much in return but I'll almost guarantee you that I'll end up saying after they pick that I'd have rather the 49ers gave up the farm to get into position to take him than live with the player they will eventually take. My patience with Baalke and company overall, and especially at the WR position, isn't very good right now. Side note: I don't want the 49ers have to face him twice a year even if he has something average at QB.

Marqise Lee is one of those boom or semi-bust type moves I talked about. He's in the range where there's a whole lot of players I like though.

I liked Odell Beckham Jr. a lot more than many did for much of the football season but now it's gotten to the point where I get the sense that he'll go higher than I'd feel comfortable with. I like the player but I don't like where I'm hearing he'll go. I wouldn't take him in the first 32 unless something really strange and unpredictable happened.

Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, and Jordan Matthews all have things about them I really like but are in a similar boat where they'll probably go higher than I'd like.

Donte Moncrief is intriguing in similar ways that Lee is to me but it's REALLY hard to get a good read on his range. I couldn't do it in the 2nd round but possibly starting somewhere in the early 3rd maybe.

Paul Richardson, Dri Archer, Robert Herron, Tevin Reese, Jeff Janis, Jalen Saunders, Cody Hoffman, and Allen Hurns are a just few beyond that. I didn't get to see Herron as much DURING the year as I would've liked so I can't say I liked him throughout the entire process but he really jumped up to me once the offseason got going and I got to see a few of his games. Reese, for some reason, isn't named as much as I think he should be. Saunders could be an all-purpose weapon that won't ever be close to a #1 but he could be an annoying pest that I'd fear if inside the NFC West on another team.

TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins is incredibly intriguing as an on-the-field mismatch/creative weapon type but his character scares me and fits right in with that risk theme I keep talking about. He probably won't be realistic when it comes down to it because there's too many guys in his range that I like.

OT - None are really realistic for the 49ers but to keep it short G-Rob, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, Antonio Richardson, and Cornelius Lucas are the standouts but not really related to this topic very much except for maybe Lucas.

OG - Gabe Jackson is one of my favorites this year. I was all over Larry Warford last year and he ended up playing really well for Detroit. He compares to him quite a bit except I don't like Jackson as much. Warford isn't for everybody's team but he's one of the few OL this year I wouldn't hate early on if they went for a surprise.

C - Marcus Martin. I just wish he had longer arms. If he fails at center then they'll probably have to cut him. Weston Richburg in round 3 and after only. James Stone as a developmental type. There's a high level of bust factor with him IMO.

DE - Dee Ford, Demarcus Lawrence (huge character risk but has a really high ceiling IMO and can be moved around)

DT - Aaron Donald (not for the 49ers but I want to list him anyway). Justin Ellis, maybe Daniel McCullers.

ILB - Chris Borland is one of my favorite pound-for-pound players available this year. He's one of the easier guys to root for in life, too. Andrew Jackson.

CB - Another position I've been screaming over the past few years. I think they've bungled this area. At very least I haven't understood their thinking/planning, etc. with this spot.

I'm EXTREMELY picky with this position as well and there are quite a few guys I like this year. Bradley Roby, Keith McGill, Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert, Antone Exum, Walt Aikens, Chris Davis, Dontae Johnson, Brandon Dixon, Travis Carrie, and there's maybe another dozen or so that are developmental types that I'd like to see added after the draft as well if available.

Roby, McGill, and Fuller are three of my favorite players available this year and will be near the top of my list Thursday night.

Safety - Deone Bucannon will be one of my top players to target in round two. Dion Bailey, Craig Loston (might not be the greatest fit but he's a player), Ahmad Dixon (should be one of my favorite day three players), Maurice Alexander, LJ McCray (from Catawba), Mycal Swaim, Shamiel Gary, Jerome Couplin III, Deron Furr.

We're really not seeing eye to eye anywhere this year. :suds: Here's too hoping your draft hopefuls are wearing opposing jerseys after the draft is finished

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, Thanks Chris. I thought you'd through out a few names, but, as usual, you go the extra mile. Thanks for the insight. There has been so much noise this draft process. I appreciate it.