• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poulter assessment

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Ian Poulter sits atop at #6 in the world. Looking pretty hot and finding the groove.

What say ye hackers and non amateurs?

Thoughts?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due mainly to his win in the Match Play... He is a legit contender for a major but he is still not as consistent as some of the other guys IMO

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great putter, average length and decent from tee to green....

He also does not lack for confidence and I can see him winning a major oe two in his career. If I had to guess, I see him as a PGA Champion or a Masters Champ, and not a US or British Open Champ.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this week, inconsistent. Everyone else went low on day 3, only John Daly had a worse round than Ian.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A story about Poulter...
A few years back when they still played the Honda Classic at Mirasol he was playing in the first group on Saturday w/ a friend of mine. No one w/ the exception of me, Jon's wife and a few others were following the group. On the 16th hole which was a par 3, he hooked one into a lateral hazard. He turned and looked at us and said "fuck you" then he proceeded to swing as hard as he could at the fresh tee box (remember, first group through) and took out a huge chunk of turf and flung his club into the bushes. Never fixed the divot and walked away. He is a total hothead.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So in spite of his ranking, fairly safe to say that he has plateaued. Pompous prick + inconsistency + hothead + total disregard for others and the greens + all around poor demeanor -- kinda answers my question. This combination won't take him any further. I have to wonder how he got this far, frankly. ?

*Tried to exercise objective tools. Satisfactory conclusion met.

Thanks, guys. :)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A story about Poulter...
A few years back when they still played the Honda Classic at Mirasol he was playing in the first group on Saturday w/ a friend of mine. No one w/ the exception of me, Jon's wife and a few others were following the group. On the 16th hole which was a par 3, he hooked one into a lateral hazard. He turned and looked at us and said "fuck you" then he proceeded to swing as hard as he could at the fresh tee box (remember, first group through) and took out a huge chunk of turf and flung his club into the bushes. Never fixed the divot and walked away. He is a total hothead.

I heard an extremely similar story about the guy when he was at Congressional a few years back. He seems like an ass.