• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential return of games

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello all,

I hope everyone is still around and well.

It looks as though the league is targeting a July return. I will be happy when sports are back, but I want them to be back only when things are safe -- and that it's reasonable for sports to return.

With this pandemic, there is still so many unknowns still -- More to my point, I am sure many of you have seen the proposed format to return. In my opinion, if that is the format(8 games) and the rest of the other details that you have seen by now, I think it is best for the league to just call it a season now and focus on preparing for the next season.

There were 20+ games remaining on the schedule -- they should at least reschedule games and playout the remaining schedule -- then proceed from there. The league is simply trying too hard to put on a show rather than just stick to what has always worked.

I understand the idea of teams that are out of contention already not continuing with their schedule -- but the teams that still have something to play for should be able to resume in the most normal way possible.

That's my rant for today.

Stay safe -- that is what is most important to me.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A growing number of players that includes some of the league's biggest names -- like Jimmy Butler for the Heat -- are talking about sitting out the season if it is resumed. I think this is a reasonable stance to expect to all players -- in every sport right now in leagues already looking to return. It is simply not yet safe to get back to normal -- There is a new normal to deal with now.

As well, the current formats leagues are proposing to return to are simply pointless. These leagues are more interested in putting on shows rather than player safety. Hopefully, enough players, team executives, etc come out against these restart proposals and these leagues just call it a season and prepare for the next one in a better way.