• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

potential QB's

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2016 NFL Draft position rankings: Quarterbacks

No matter how Kaep does the rest of this season, we should look hard at drafting a QB. It doesn't need to be round 1, but we should get someone even if he sits for a season.

If none of these guys provide value, then don't force it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 NFL Draft position rankings: Quarterbacks

No matter how Kaep does the rest of this season, we should look hard at drafting a QB. It doesn't need to be round 1, but we should get someone even if he sits for a season.

If none of these guys provide value, then don't force it.

I agree. Gabbert isn't the answer. They need to draft a QB and let him sit like Rodgers did in Green Bay. The tough part is finding that QB in the draft. They might have a chance at Goff in the first round depending on the record at the end of the season. The question is whether Goff is worth a high first round pick. Right now, I am not real confident in Baalke finding a QB.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Gabbert isn't the answer. They need to draft a QB and let him sit like Rodgers did in Green Bay. The tough part is finding that QB in the draft. They might have a chance at Goff in the first round depending on the record at the end of the season. The question is whether Goff is worth a high first round pick. Right now, I am not real confident in Baalke finding a QB.

Not real confident in Baalke with anything right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kap might be the answer. Back to back great games. We need to help this awful Defense and need Oline and new Coaches.

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like any of QB's in this years draft . We need o-line and defense of help and also new coaches

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like any of QB's in this years draft . We need o-line and defense of help and also new coaches
I agree 100%. Cook and Geoff not great and not Top 10 players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Cook and Geoff not great and not Top 10 players.

I don't watch college ball so I don't really know anything about the QBs coming out. Drafting one third round and later to me isn't a big risk. But I would hate to see the 49ers draft a QB in the top ten and have that QB bust. Can't afford to screw up with those high picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't watch college ball so I don't really know anything about the QBs coming out. Drafting one third round and later to me isn't a big risk. But I would hate to see the 49ers draft a QB in the top ten and have that QB bust. Can't afford to screw up with those high picks.

no doubt, but sooner or later you need to get the next QB. In fact, IMO very much "sooner".

we don't have to force one but if any of these guys fit, draft them wherever they provide value. if that means top 10, i'd do it. the issue is how well you evaluate them, not its a top 10 pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way they should take a QB in the 1st rd this year. 1st rd should be MLB or a pass rusher and if AD doesn't come back a RT. In the 2nd round I would go with whoever we didn't pick between MLB or Pass Rusher or maybe a Top TE. VD is done. He doesn't even start anymore for us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt, but sooner or later you need to get the next QB. In fact, IMO very much "sooner".

we don't have to force one but if any of these guys fit, draft them wherever they provide value. if that means top 10, i'd do it. the issue is how well you evaluate them, not its a top 10 pick.
I do think we draft one with the 4th or 5th rd pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with that. I don't mind top ten, but he'd better play like one. We can't afford another Alex Smith.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I don't mind top ten, but he'd better play like one. We can't afford another Alex Smith.
Neither team is Top 10 talent. Geoff is End of the 1st rd talent and cook is 2nd rd talent.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to draft an offensive lineman in the first round. Then inside linebacker. AFter that a QB would not disappoint me. Although I would still probably pickup an OLB and maybe a CB before a QB.

I don't know how anyone can say Gabbert is absolutely not the answer as at least a backup when he looked much improved this preseason and we haven't seen him play in a regular game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They need to draft an offensive lineman in the first round. Then inside linebacker. AFter that a QB would not disappoint me. Although I would still probably pickup an OLB and maybe a CB before a QB.

I don't know how anyone can say Gabbert is absolutely not the answer as at least a backup when he looked much improved this preseason and we haven't seen him play in a regular game.

Don't have a problem with other opinions, as we could certainly use talent at these spots. We should also go by BPA, but unfortunately we fans can only go by Need.

Despite Kaep playing better these last two games, i'd still take a hard look at QB. If none worth it, i'd move on to OLB. It APPEARS from reading here, there won't be one worth THAT high a pick? Fine and i'd still consider one in Round 2, should he provide value then.

Next for me is a 3-down OLB to provide pressure, ie a good pass rusher. I'd draft one despite having just drafted Harold. A pass rusher is key to any defense, most QB's are too good given time.

If not QB or OLB in round 1, i'd look at LT next, despite Staley playing ok. We all know our line needs more talent, but it is easier to move guys around and/or find an OG, than LT. Staley is still doing ok so you'd place this pick at RT time being. Maybe at LG and move Boone to RT, the idea being this rookie can use the left side stance.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a problem with other opinions, as we could certainly use talent at these spots. We should also go by BPA, but unfortunately we fans can only go by Need.

Despite Kaep playing better these last two games, i'd still take a hard look at QB. If none worth it, i'd move on to OLB. It APPEARS from reading here, there won't be one worth THAT high a pick? Fine and i'd still consider one in Round 2, should he provide value then.

Next for me is a 3-down OLB to provide pressure, ie a good pass rusher. I'd draft one despite having just drafted Harold. A pass rusher is key to any defense, most QB's are too good given time.

If not QB or OLB in round 1, i'd look at LT next, despite Staley playing ok. We all know our line needs more talent, but it is easier to move guys around and/or find an OG, than LT. Staley is still doing ok so you'd place this pick at RT time being. Maybe at LG and move Boone to RT, the idea being this rookie can use the left side stance.

Maybe anthony davis comes back next year, that might take the pressure off drafting OL.. but I still can't get on board looking at QB's in the first round. I like your thinking on OLB though... I feel sick to my stomach everytime I watch Aldon smith take the field in a raider uniform.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe anthony davis comes back next year, that might take the pressure off drafting OL.. but I still can't get on board looking at QB's in the first round. I like your thinking on OLB though... I feel sick to my stomach everytime I watch Aldon smith take the field in a raider uniform.

We never should've cut Aldon over misdemeanor charges. Other teams would've kept him. He did more serious stuff before and we didn't cut him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

and that is ok because looks like none will be worth it. But i'm leaving it at the top of my list "just in case", we'll see how the draft stuff pans out?