• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pot Roast Visiting New England Today, Coming Back To Ashburn Tomorrow

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add center and a WR taller than a hobbit to the list of needs. And I agree we need a young NT capable of getting things going. But that should not have prevented us from signing a guy who could start and allow us to break that young NT in without having no other option as a starter.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add center and a WR taller than a hobbit to the list of needs. And I agree we need a young NT capable of getting things going. But that should not have prevented us from signing a guy who could start and allow us to break that young NT in without having no other option as a starter.

i have no problems with Jackson, Garcon, Reed ... i think the drafting the WR talk is over hyped, on purpose ... to throw people of the scent of the teams true intentions ...

but, wouldnt the other teams also think it was false rumors & reverse psychology ?

unless they were doing reverse-reverse psychology, so they made people think they wanted a WR, so they didnt think they wanted a WR, but they really did ... lol ... i need to stop drinking

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember Knighton being good other than the last few weeks of the season. I would have liked him back, sure but am not that upset he signed with the Pats. GMSM will undoubtedly draft some dlinemen and a safety. I dont necessarily think the redskins need all the players you think they need, but I also know that GMSM isnt going to stop tinkering with the roster really ever, and some of the most effective free agent signees from last year didnt sign until after the season started (blackmon, everett).

Have some faith.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problems with Jackson, Garcon, Reed ... i think the drafting the WR talk is over hyped, on purpose ... to throw people of the scent of the teams true intentions ...

but, wouldnt the other teams also think it was false rumors & reverse psychology ?

unless they were doing reverse-reverse psychology, so they made people think they wanted a WR, so they didnt think they wanted a WR, but they really did ... lol ... i need to stop drinking

Thing is, we actually DO need to get a WR now, so that in a year we arent desperately looking for starters as both Garcon and Jacksons deals end after 2016. Our top two WRs are both my height or shorter, and our best WR isnt injury prone, but he missed alot of time due to injury.

I dont remember Knighton being good other than the last few weeks of the season. I would have liked him back, sure but am not that upset he signed with the Pats. GMSM will undoubtedly draft some dlinemen and a safety. I dont necessarily think the redskins need all the players you think they need, but I also know that GMSM isnt going to stop tinkering with the roster really ever, and some of the most effective free agent signees from last year didnt sign until after the season started (blackmon, everett).

Have some faith.

Our top RB IS injury prone. And we have a suspect D-line at the moment as well as needs at ILB and in the secondary.. on top of the younger, taller WR previously mentioned.

There is a difference between faith and blind faith. Right now I suspect that we are kind of painting ourselves into a corner with needs, and assuming we can get three or four starters in this draft. As i stated before, thats how you end up with guys who are not ready to start, starting and then wondering why we ended up cutting them a year later.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no need at ILB, theres no need at wr, and Rambo started for Rex Ryan's Bills last year. Jones might be injury prone, but then again the season isnt starting for six months, and you only mention the draft as the place to address these needs, while GMSM has proven to use ALL the different ways to acquire football players to build the roster.

Chill out.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no need at ILB, theres no need at wr, and Rambo started for Rex Ryan's Bills last year. Jones might be injury prone, but then again the season isnt starting for six months, and you only mention the draft as the place to address these needs, while GMSM has proven to use ALL the different ways to acquire football players to build the roster.

Chill out.

I think you are a little too chill on this. Rambo started for the Bills, but he was no where near ready to start as a rookie for us. As for no need at WR. Not getting some one this year means we likely go into next year desperate for a starting WR or possibly over paying for a Free Agent.

Bottom line... Smart teams use FA to plug short term holes while they draft long term replacements and set up the roster so that they are not forced to start guys that are not ready.

We have for a long time done the exact opposite. Signed FA's to long term deals and then drafted guys we have no choice but to start ready or not. IF we had viable starters in place even as stop gaps, we could have allowed guys like Rambo, Amerson and quite a few others to develop.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chill out.

I still think there is a big need at ILB. The guys that filled in played better than expected but they are just that, fill ins and not starters on a championship defense. I have no idea why they resigned Perry Riley, he was about to be run out of town on a rail until he had a good game or two at the end of the season. Still we have seen Perry Riley enough and we know what he is, again not a starting player on a great defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would a 1st - 4th round draft pick be just as good and cheaper ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of incentives in that $2.05 million too. Ballooning up like he did last year on a "prove it" deal made a lot of people leery. I am not upset the Skins didn't resign him. If you gain 50 lbs. on a one year prove it deal you aren't showing management much. Sadly the guy is talented but he can't control his eating issues. If Pot Roast applied himself he would be making a lot more money.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of incentives in that $2.05 million too. Ballooning up like he did last year on a "prove it" deal made a lot of people leery. I am not upset the Skins didn't resign him. If you gain 50 lbs. on a one year prove it deal you aren't showing management much. Sadly the guy is talented but he can't control his eating issues. If Pot Roast applied himself he would be making a lot more money.

This has been my thoughts all along. He had his chance, all he proved was he can't be counted on.