• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post week 1 waiver wire discussion

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd year in a row that Aaron Rodgers started with less than 5 fantasy points in week 1. I still think Lazard is the guy, hopefully he plays in week 2.

As for the Wilson discussion, i do not trust Shanny at all. For all we know, we'll see more Deebo. Trey Lance threw a few nice passes, but if he cant beat the Bears... the focus for opposing defenses may be to stop the run and let Lance show he can throw. Probably not the time to invest in SF RB.

I lost Dak. I need to find me a capable QB in the interum. Wentz, Goff, Trubs, Brissett, D. Jones, Geno...
I would say Wentz, followed by Goff.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a Godwin sub for while he's out. The list of available WRs is this

Julio Jones
Curtis Samuel
Jahan Dotson
Robbie Anderson
Josh Palmer
DJ Chark
Zay Jones
Donovan People-Jones

Pretty good options all around but that also makes it tough. Despite being injured the last couple of years, I'm sorta leaning Julio right now. He seemed to have a pretty rapport with Brady, especially when Godwin went out. And out of all the other WR options and their QBs, I trust Brady the most.

Btw, its half ppr
I would probably go with Julio out of that group, too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused about the Najee injury... Is it his foot again (Lisfranc) or an ankle injury now? Either way if he's out there is definitely going to be some sort of timeshare. Warren & Snell, and right now I'd guess that's a 50-50 split of the load. I like Warren's vision more, but the OL doesn't make either player very appealing. I'd avoid them unless I was low on waiver priority & desperate for RB help.

Curtis Samuel is definitely high on the priority.
U think? Tomlin generally doesn't time share even with backups

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd year in a row that Aaron Rodgers started with less than 5 fantasy points in week 1. I still think Lazard is the guy, hopefully he plays in week 2.

As for the Wilson discussion, i do not trust Shanny at all. For all we know, we'll see more Deebo. Trey Lance threw a few nice passes, but if he cant beat the Bears... the focus for opposing defenses may be to stop the run and let Lance show he can throw. Probably not the time to invest in SF RB.

I lost Dak. I need to find me a capable QB in the interum. Wentz, Goff, Trubs, Brissett, D. Jones, Geno...
I dislike Wentz but he's the right pick... possibly Goff.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a Godwin sub for while he's out. The list of available WRs is this

Julio Jones
Curtis Samuel
Jahan Dotson
Robbie Anderson
Josh Palmer
DJ Chark
Zay Jones
Donovan People-Jones

Pretty good options all around but that also makes it tough. Despite being injured the last couple of years, I'm sorta leaning Julio right now. He seemed to have a pretty rapport with Brady, especially when Godwin went out. And out of all the other WR options and their QBs, I trust Brady the most.

Btw, its half ppr

Julio would be my choice

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis samuel”s 15
Combined looks running n receiving lead the way imho

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude in one of my leagues dropped Damien Pierce. It is the league that I am desperate for a WR in. Not sure who I should drop to pick up Pierce. I certainly don't need him, but he shouldn't be out there.

Qb - Stafford
RB - Henry, Zeke, Etienne, Dobbins, Breece, Pollard
WR - Sutton, DHop, G. Wilson, Palmer, Robbie A, Sammy Watkins

Gotta be Watkins, right?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude in one of my leagues dropped Damien Pierce. It is the league that I am desperate for a WR in. Not sure who I should drop to pick up Pierce. I certainly don't need him, but he shouldn't be out there.

Qb - Stafford

Gotta be Watkins, right?
Yes

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fandom in this decision. Also not thinking about the short term. It's purely the ROS that gives me pause.

I was being serious about you should because you are. a 49er fan,... nothing wrong with letting fandom get in the way... especially when its a close decision...

really if you have to ask, that answers it IMO... you think it is close... so go with your team... if he succeeds you will be enjoying this fantasy season so much more...

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fandom in this decision. Also not thinking about the short term. It's purely the ROS that gives me pause.
The rest of my RBs are Barkley, Swift, Edmonds, and R.Stevenson along with Gainwell.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being serious about you should because you are. a 49er fan,... nothing wrong with letting fandom get in the way... especially when its a close decision...

really if you have to ask, that answers it IMO... you think it is close... so go with your team... if he succeeds you will be enjoying this fantasy season so much more...
I like the way you think sir! :suds:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If you need someone short term, Wilson has a chance to be solid for a few weeks, but he will fade away once Mitchell comes back. Gainwell has the potential to be solid down the stretch, but neither one is a safe bet.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Qb - Stafford

Gotta be Watkins, right?
Son of a... someone else put a claim in and got him. The dude I was talking about trading a RB to for a WR. Ugh... I did grab Henry's cuff, though.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of a... someone else put a claim in and got him. The dude I was talking about trading a RB to for a WR. Ugh... I did grab Henry's cuff, though.
Same thing happened with Wilson Jr in my league.