• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Pre-Season Game 1: QB Poll

Who should be the starting QB?

• Total voters

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be fun to take the a poll on who we think should be the starting QB at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Drew Lock - It's was always going to be Drew Lock. Just keep his medication at the current levels and he will be fine.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ride Lock until we have more losses than wins this Season.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard that we had signed Teddy Bridgewater I thought that he'd be an obvious upgrade over Jeff Driskel at the #2QB spot. I still feel the same way. Also, I think TB at #2 is clearly better than Rypien at #3.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bridgewater but I would like to see how much Lock has approved. I think the coaches will make the correct selection.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard that we had signed Teddy Bridgewater I thought that he'd be an obvious upgrade over Jeff Driskel at the #2QB spot. I still feel the same way. Also, I think TB at #2 is clearly better than Rypien at #3.
Bridgewater won in Minnesota, he won in New Orleans, the only place he didn't win was that dumpster fire in Carolina.

Bridgewater's worst year was better than Lock's best. It all comes down to how much Lock has improved and we still really don't know.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater's worst year was better than Lock's best.

Bridgewater has been in the league 8 years. Lock has been in the league 2 years and has yet to start an entire season. Lock hasn’t even had a chance to have a “best” season.

Bridgewater’s best may get you to the playoffs, but it’s never gone further than that. We know what Teddy is and that’s a game manager. If we want to be a SB contender, we need a QB that is better than what Teddy offers. And we need to find out if Lock can be that guy. Having him sit behind Bridgewater is just a waste of this season.

At best, Bridgewater gets you maybe 10-11 wins this season and a wildcard spot if things shake out right. But there’s no way Bridgewater is beating Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes in January. There’s no guarantee Lock will do be able to do even that much, but if he can match that, he has the physical tools to exceed it that Teddy just doesn’t. If Lock is ready to step into a franchise QB role, I believe he has the talent to compete against the NFL’s best young arms.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater has been in the league 8 years. Lock has been in the league 2 years and has yet to start an entire season. Lock hasn’t even had a chance to have a “best” season.

Bridgewater’s best may get you to the playoffs, but it’s never gone further than that. We know what Teddy is and that’s a game manager. If we want to be a SB contender, we need a QB that is better than what Teddy offers. And we need to find out if Lock can be that guy. Having him sit behind Bridgewater is just a waste of this season.

At best, Bridgewater gets you maybe 10-11 wins this season and a wildcard spot if things shake out right. But there’s no way Bridgewater is beating Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes in January. There’s no guarantee Lock will do be able to do even that much, but if he can match that, he has the physical tools to exceed it that Teddy just doesn’t. If Lock is ready to step into a franchise QB role, I believe he has the talent to compete against the NFL’s best young arms.
Ok Teddy started as a rookie... and his worst year in 8 years are all better than any of Lock's years. I am not saying Teddy is a world beater but he is a lot better than the Lock we saw last year.

How much has Lock improved I don't know. I suspect the coaches know and they will make the correct decision no matter what it is.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Time is 100% accurate on his analysis, but I know he knows more about the QB play then I do. Here are a couple of his breakdowns from the Vikings game:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it will be Bridgewater. had Lock had a vet last year he’s be a lot better this year.

Driskell as the backup to Lock and the Paxton Lynch pick really shows how John Elway had no clue on how to find a QB.Lynch just lost out this year in the CFL to a QB that played at the school of mines.

who knows where Lock would be this year had he had someone like Teddy last year.

the broncos need at-least 4 road wins to compete for the playoffs this year. 2 are very winnable to begin the season. the other 2 are much harder.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton is now third string for the Roughriders in the CFL. He made the team though... LOL

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there’s still a question on who to start use the fact Lock put the ball on the ground twice last game once in the red zone. can’t have that.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree with this, however, some talented QB's just never get the mental and composure aspect of it. Hopefully he does, but it is far from certain.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are being a bit rough on Bridgewater casting him in the Kyle Orton mold. He was also a promising young player who had injuries that derailed his career IMO. Is he as physically talented as Lock, nope. But a qb‘s most important trait is his mental capabilities as mentioned above. Brady is arguably the best and he doesn’t have the physical traits that jump off the charts either. As a matter of fact, Tampa gave the blueprint on how to beat these seemingly offensive juggernauts. And our team is built very similar to theirs.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this said, I hope Lock proves me wrong and steps up. His arm talent is undeniable and I like his swag. He can be an unbelievable talent if he can get the mental aspect down

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't about time Andrew Luck makes a comeback? He was reported on a Colorado HS practice field last night - up near where he skis frequently.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't about time Andrew Luck makes a comeback? He was reported on a Colorado HS practice field last night - up near where he skis frequently.
It's all about Luck, Rodgers and Washington next year :)