• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-Draft Analysis Thread - 2020

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General Thoughts:

- I don’t think we are having a season. Its hard to picture things not getting bad on many college campuses. Maybe it starts, but don’t think it will finish. At least the draft is fun to have. But I did not prepare as I normal do. Usually have three Excel spreadsheets - one for each position. This year I just wrote down a few lists on pieces of paper. Didn’t even buy Phil Steele since it came out day of draft starting and is super-expensive. Making organized lists out of Athlons mag would not feel right after doing it out of Steele for 15 years.

- Really were not any bizarre picks this year. No Ty Chandler of 2018 or Raheem Blackshear of 2019. When making my list of picks I felt like I’d identify one but then be able to rationalize it pretty well. A few risks in the first round like King and Watson but surely there is upside there.

- Did anyone draft based on keepers more, who might not play in Spring 2021, conferences that might play more games? Avoid public California institutions because they seem the first willing to ditch football? I mostly just drafted regular.

- Good to see all 12 people back without any questions even.

- Particularly smooth draft this year. Nobody even approached time limit.

- Without summer practices, DraftCrazy was unable to interrogate the third string tight ends about QB competitions on AOL Instant Messenger, so we may see a down year from him.

- Disappointed that Favorite Vegetable didn’t come up in the Discussion thread. Mine is Sweet Potato. Top Green Vegetable being Broccoli.

Analysis of Own Team:

- Probably limited upside. Last four years I’ve come in at 7-6/8-5 and it looks like I’d do well to get back to that point. I’m very comfortable with QBs from Purdy at top to Brewer and Hartman. Similar style of QBs where they mix running/passing without too much of one of the other. I think WR is OK. Rambo is not my type of pick but I was surprised he hadn’t gone yet as he seems next in line at OU. I had to keep Newsome or Dyami but I’m not as high as other people on UNC passing game as I think they will be ahead more. The main weakness is RB. I hope that Texas Tech runs a bit more and further distances themselves from Leach/Kliff years. Cam’ron Harris seemed like good value but he is a weak #2. Late round picks were good mix of upside who likely won’t win starting jobs with a few players who have shown some productivity.

Favorite Picks of Own Team:

- Round 20 – Tanner Mordecai – I like the potential here for Round 20. Most likely he’ll be worthless but there’s an outside chance he wins the job but still worth keeping if Rattler performs poorly or gets injured. As a dual-threat would be a QB1 if got the starter job one way or another.

- Round 22 – Emeka Emezie – Just have to figure NC State offense is at least a bit better this year. He’s caught 55-60 balls last two years. Last year was disappointing so this late its worth a shot that NC State passing offense reverts back to at least mediocre.

Least Favorite Picks of Own Team

- Round 5 – Taysir Mack – Don’t dislike this pick but maybe a round or two early. I am projecting him to be the guy who makes a jump in numbers with Fffffrench gone.

- Round 9 – Jafar Armstrong - Pickins were slim at this point for RB. I basically made this pick on value from 2019 2nd rounder to 2020 9th rounder.

Favorite of Other Team Picks (My list last year was Jalen Reagor (Meh), Denzel Mims (Meh), Ryan Willis (Bust), Quentin Harris (won the league for Q), Justin Jefferson (I finally got one really right!)

- Round 2 – Heisman Hopefuls – RB Kennedy Brooks, Oklahoma – With Sermon transferred out and quarterbacks who won’t rush as much, it seems to be set up for a big year for Brooks. I had him as 5th or 6th overall player. Maybe they share the carries between Brooks and others but if they don’t, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a lot of 2 TD games.

- Round 6 – Dawgfathers – RB Christopher Brown, California – When Garbers was healthy, this offense wasn’t that bad. Brown got most of the meaningful carries and also gets receiving yards. I doubt he’s in for a huge season but seems to be the go to guy on 1st and 2nd downs.

- Round 7 – End Zone Divas – RB Richard Newton, Washington – People are quite down on Washington offense but they are going to run the ball. I wanted this guy but figured I might be able to wait until the next round when I picked Ausbon. I’m usually not high on low yard, high TD guys but I could see him going for 15 TDs in a regular season if staying healthy.

- Round 14 – End Zone Divas – QB Matt Corral, Ole Miss – I know the same owner took Plumlee so its sort of the second leg of the handcuff but alone I like this pick. Plumlee hasn’t shown he can throw and put up a few second half performances against big name teams but he’ll have to throw eventually. Corral disappointed so far but that could change.

- Round 17 – Waxy Frogs – RB Mike Epstein, Illinois – Down on this offense so it’s a bit of a weird pick to commend but with Bonner out he should be the guy. The QB doesn’t run too much here. I wouldn’t like this pick in Round 12 but in Round 17 it’s a good one with decent upside.

Others Receiving Votes: Round 6 – Heisman Hopefuls – WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State; Round 10 – Skeet Shooters – WR Trevon Bradford, Oregon State; Round 14 – Winsley Warriors - WR Sam James, West Virginia; Round 21 – RB Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech; Skeet Shooters – WR Jamarye Joiner, Arizona.

Least Favorite Picks of Other Teams: (Last Year: Alan Bowman (Correct), Amon Ra St Brown (OK), Raheem Blackshear (Correct), Jacob Eason (Mostly right), Jake Fromm (Useless)

- Round 3 – Heisman Hopefuls – RB Demetric Felton, UCLA – I’m thinking his role is similar to last year with more touches. Don’t think he’ll become the feature back, which is why I took a shot at another guy at UCLA.

- Round 4 – Drunk Jocks – QB Sean Clifford, Penn State – Will the passing number improve without KJ Hamler? He adds a bit of running but not enough to offset the mediocre passing statistics. About 200 yards per game last year. I took Sam Hartman later in the round. I’ll bet Dairy Queen sundae that Hartman outscores Clifford per game.

- Round 7 – Skeet Shooters – RB Marshawn Lloyd, South Carolina – I don’t know much about the guy other than him being highly touted but I don’t like where this offense is headed. At least they avoid Clemson.

- Round 8 – Heisman Hopefuls – RB Isaiah Bowser, Northwestern – This offense will be better with Ramsey but I think they’ll still use a couple backs. Early for me with so little production from this position last year.

- Round 12 – Winsley Warriors – QB Jake Bentley, Utah – He doesn’t run. Is he throwing for 3,500 yards on Utah? I’d rather take someone with more upside or running ability.

Others Receiving Votes: Round 1 – Waxy Frogs - QB D’Eriq King, Miami; Round 2 – Drunk Jocks – WR Wandale Robinson, Nebraska; Round 2 – Waxy Frogs - RB David Bailley, Boston College; Round 4 – Winsley Warrors - WR Erik Ezukanma, Texas Tech; Round 8 – Dawgfathers – WR Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illnois.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis of Other Teams:

- Asian Alley Cats – Coming off a stellar year with an all-time WR group. This year the strength appears to be with the top 3 RBs. Obviously the QB is strong at the top with Ehlinger. One interesting thing will be the Wazzu QB situation. Rolovich was quick to pull McDonald on the island so we should hope the same thing happens in Pullman. Would not be surprised if Gebbia played a role there. At WR Darby and Eagles may step into no.1 roles on their team. Some other WRs later that I know little about. Moore was good value. Surprised he was still there although I’m guessing he was selected just to post that picture. Interesting to see DC be the first one to take a kicker. I’m not sure if that has happened before.

- Heisman Hopefuls – The biggest question mark will be how the Hopefuls bounce back after their championship game collapse. We know what happened to the Atlanta Falcons a few years ago and this may have been worse. Essentially while running in for the game winning score and no defender within twenty yards, the Hopefuls dropped the ball on the two yard line and ran into the tunnel not to be seen again for 6 months. Looking at the roster, I have strong mixed feelings about the running backs. Really like the first two but not so hot about the rest of the group. A little more past production from the WRs this year with Vaughns, Dotson and Robinson but of course Q has to go after his transfer WRs. Newman is an interesting case. Boom or bust. I watched a ton of Wake Forest last year and I am worried that he’s not really that good, but the potential is there if he wins the job and the offense changes. Austin Burton could be sneaky considering Purdue turned the ball over too much after Sindelar went down last year.

- Orgy of Evil – Strong, reliable top 3 QBs. Gunnell will probably throw a lot and good be good fill-in starter. Running back is the biggest question mark. Pooka has to get in the end zone more. The 100 yard games don’t do much without a score. Austin Jones could be interesting – I’d imagine Stanford stresses the run more. At WR, even after the first 2 or 3 guys there’s some nice depth there with Terrance Marshall and Vasher. I think there will be plenty of WRs on this roster to start. If ASU settles on a single RB or someone else steps up from further down the list, this could be a possible contender.

- Drunk Jocks –I tend to be more conservative at the top of the roster. Some risky picks in Watson, Robinson, White, Emery. Book is very solid at QB but after that I’d have questions. Thompson needs to throw for more yardage to be startable. At RB, if Nekia Watson becomes the go-to-back we know that is an RB1 spot. Taj Harris was a bust last year but maybe year two for DeVito goes better and Harris fulfills his potential. Parchment was good value based off last season although its hard to predict when he’ll have big games. I’d think there would be some good keeper options with all the young highly touted players.

- Skeet Shooters – I like Penix as much as any of the other QBs. Not buying that Daniels is going to be a QB1 yet. Bowman staying healthy is a big risk. I don’t know if any of the top 3 RBs will become mega-stars but they are very solid. Should be reliable performers each week. Chase was a pick that had to be made at the no.8 spot overall. Looks like a middle of the pack team to me.

- End Zone Divas – I really like this team this year. While I think there’s some danger of Mac Jones losing that job at some point one way or another, Martinez has tremendous upside for end of round 3 and if Ole Miss settles on a guy, he’ll likely be startable. I’m not super high on Verdell but I like Sermon and Newton a lot. At WR, have two of the top 5 guys at this position with Smith and Surratt. Really don’t know what to make of Spielman. We have to see that TCU wants to throw the ball and that Duggan can do it. If I had to guess what kicker scores most points, I might take Sciba. Very accurate on a team that goes fast and maximizes # of possessions in a game. The depth isn’t great to me here but I like the potential starting lineup.

- Smurf Turfers – Good QB room. Don’t think Brennan’s numbers will be eye-popping but should be good enough for QB1 and Trask can fill in. Love the RBs. Probably only trio that can match Alley Cats. Corbin’s value has increased since draft started with the other back leaving. Ibrahim was a fine pick and Hubbard is top 2 RB. I don’t dislike the WR group. Bell might work out well in that offensive in Pullman. I do expect Bell from Purdue to see drop in numbers with Moore back and so many options without a proven QB. The thing I like most about this team is that they have proven players at the top of the roster and then about two young guys with future potential at the bottom – just the way it should be. I’d consider this team a contender.

- Waxy Frogs – Some picks I like here and some I don’t like as much. King is risky to me at #1 but the upside is there. I didn’t think he was going that high but I guess there isn’t a clearcut #1 overall. I worry that BC will move away from running without Addazio and he’ll just be another #1 RB like at NC State or some other random school. I’ve had a bunch of the BC backs so I know they have paid off historically. Most notable thing about the WR room is the high reception guys. Moore catches a lot of passes. Last year, Philyor, Jana, Phillips, Stoner all did as well so I think the WR play will be consistent. I like Duggan at QB. Didn’t think he’d go that early but now that there are a few weapons maybe TCU can put up some points this year. Plummer to Moore could be an important connection for this team.

- Dawgfathers – Better team than last year. Needless to say, Louisville’s offense will be vital for this team. Two of first three picks from this offense. Cunningham to Atwell connections could be the difference for this team. Wasn’t this the team that had Najee Harris? I don’t understand Kylin Hill over Harris as a keeper. Is Leach a good coach to have an RB with because of Max Borghi’s one season? I don’t think he had any other back that did that great before him including James Williams. So much risk there for me and you know he’s not going to get a ton of rushing yards even if he goes 7ypc in that offense. I’m down on Hill compared to others. Good risk with Beal-Smith late if he gets back in good graces. Skowronek feels like a typical ND receiver. Didn’t even realize he went there until this draft.

- Winsley’s Warriors – If Tyrone Wheatley was available, this homer probably would have taken him. Too bad Winsley is not a fan of a team with a competent offense. Beyond the Michigan homer-ish, I don’t love any of the first four picks. I do like Tarique Milton. Someone should become Purdy’s no.1 WR. Also going back to last year, a franchise changing moment was keeping Fields over Adrian Martinez before the 2019 draft and now Fields is probably top player going into 2020. Don’t know if the pieces are around Fields for a division title run. I do like the batch of WRs in the middle of the draft like Sam James, Amari Rodgers.

- California Raisins – Its good to know that in a year like this where every aspect of life has changed, there is one thing we can all still count on and that is Navin taking 5-star recruits regardless of the circumstances. Look at this list - - Ulagalelei, Harris, Evans, Carr, Tyree, Pickens, Ladson, McCoy…beautiful. Anyhow, Costello should throw it around a lot. That transfer worked out well for Navin. Figures - - my QB transfer goes from Wake 80 plays a game to Georgia and Navin’s goes from Stanford to Leach. Not buying DTR yet completely but Morgan can start too. Love Harris as top Rb but after Ingram, there are some concerns for me. Some people have Bateman as top WR. I’m not quite there but he and Waddle are a good 1-2 punch at WR. If the QBs put points on board, could be a very good year for Navin.

- 2020 Bovada Soul 12 Championship Odds

3-5 No Champion

6-1 Asian Alley Cats

14-1 Smurf Turfers

14-1 End Zone Divas

16-1 Skeet Shooters

18-1 Winsley’s Warriors

20-1 Heisman Hopefuls

20-1 Orgy of Evil

22-1 California Raisins

22-1 Paper Tigers

22-1 Dawgfathers

25-1 Waxy Frogs

25-1 Drunk Jocks

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for taking the time to do this @Paper Tigers P.S. anyone else think Paper Tigers should switch name back to StevieB on here? It is only right.

I am not going to do a breakdown like you did as that is something everyone looks forward to with Stevie doing. I will make some draft notes/observations I came up with.

Sorry, typing this up very quickly while I have some time.

• StevieB needs to change his SportsHoopla name back.
  • Your analysis is very similar to the analysis I have been giving to The Q as the draft goes on. Similar "reaches" in the dislike and similar "likes" picks.
  • One thing I have noted to Q throughout the draft is the draft of Seahawk422. I think he had great first half of the draft. He has two pretty nice keepers(one outstanding), but the thing that struck me as odd was his second half of the draft. I think he may hit on a guy or two there thanks to an injury or whatever else happens especially in what could be a wild season, but I also felt after a very strong starting lineup he hurt his depth a lot with his second half of the draft. I would have sworn in the second half of the draft he used a rivals recruiting prospect ranking page to make his second half picks. Some may turn out, but I think it is going to hurt him in his depth as a lot of those picks are buried 4/5 deep. I consider him one of the front runners for this strong first half. I think a mixture in the second half would have done him better in terms of adding nice quality depth instead of going for a home run swing every pick after about round 15 in hopes you're landing in some cases 2 or 3 injuries before your pick may get a shot to star. Overall though, Seahawk probably has my favorite team going into the Soul 2020 season. Not the deepest because of all the home run swing late, but his starting lineup is going to be tough if they all stay healthy.
  • Omar's QB tandem is going to be dangerous every week. Hey may have some weeks where he may get 12 touchdown passes between the two of them. His WR's maybe a little inconsistent due to his top WR's perhaps being in a lot of blow out games (Minus Terry who will be good every week if he finds a legit QB) but his RB's are the question here. If he can hit on some of those RB picks he could be very dangerous, and I really do like Austin Jones as I drafted him last year and the ASR RB situation will be interest. As long as they don't split near 50/50 he may have something there. I think he is going to be the type of team that when all goes well he could bash out a 150 plus points, but there are some opportunities when he could get all his WR's on the wrong week and have to rely too much on his QB's. We will see how that goes.
  • StevieB didn't draft bad by any means, but he surely wasn't himself. I could tell in talking to him before the draft he wasn't too confident and not as into the draft this year with the mindset there would be no season. I still think he did well, but he drafted a little unusual for him. I love the Cam'Ron Harris pick. I agree that Harris won't be a blowup RB, but where he got him at, he is going to get a lot of carries and I think he will find the end zone a lot. I had Thompson last year and while he isn't a HUGE yard guy, he will also find the end zone a lot. Ausbon is an underrated college WR, IMO. I drafted him his FR year knowing he wouldn't blow up as a FR, but have since waited for him to blossom. He was injured his second season, and his JR year while starting off slow, really ended the season pretty well. I think Ausbon could be one of the better WR's picks this year for where he was selected. What surprised me the most were Stevie loading up on a lot of reserve RB's, but I understand he had to take some chances there too. I think he did do a good job of taking shots on guys who are in decent situations to see the field. Michael Carter could see an up tick in carries, and he got some starts in Jafar Armstrong and Taulapapa who he can probably start vs the mismatch and get by with as long as his QB play and WR play is fairly consistent. I love Jafar Armstrong but after two years of him injury riddled I just couldn't do it a 3rd year. Have a personal love for him so I hope that is a major boom pick for Stevie. I don't think Mordecai will win the starting job, but the idea and upside of that pick, that late was really clever. I never even thought about Mordecai until Stevie took him. Really smart stab that late in the draft. DHooey really should have taken him a few rounds earlier.
  • The Q was very emotional this draft. He doesn't seem to be too confident. Should he have taken Sage Surratt at #11 or was Max Borghi/Kennedy Brooks combo the way to go? I like the shot he took on Jacardi Wright and where he took him. Jahan Dotson was one of my favorite picks of the draft. I like Sean Clifford better than Stevie does and I think Dotson can be KJ Hamler stat wise at worst. Jamie Newman and Osirius Mitchell will probably make or break this team. Is Mitchell a true #1 stat establisher in the Leach offense? Will they struggle with less practice time to get the Leach sytstem going? Will it be a lot less effective in the SEC? Mississippi State doesn't have those cupcakes this year and I haven't looked exactly who they will be playing but their are still some poor defenses in the SEC. Vanderbilt D has been awful and Miss and Arkansas have been too. So there are some potential big games there, but playing the SEC D in with the Leach system is going to be tougher on fantasy value then when Leach coaches in the Pac-12 and Big 12. It is going to be interesting to see how he does in the SEC. I thik Austi Barton is one of the sneakiest picks of the draft.
  • Red Snow probably has the biggest hit or miss team. I think if Wan'Dale Robinson stays healthy he is going to be the little annoying fantasy player to play against because he can score in so many ways. He was banged up a good amount last year. I don't think Watson will be Jonathan Taylor (but who is?) but I think he should be pretty darn dangerous in that offense. My biggest fear in taking him would be Wisconsin giving Groshek the ball in the RZ. It feels to me like they want him to be a big part of the offense for his time at Wisconsin, and I just have this feeling he will poach some touchdowns there. White's heath scares me. I think as a SOPH Georgia has to be careful no matter how good he is that they don't over work him. I think he will be fairly good fantasy wise, but he might be more like D'Andre Swift, who was a good but not great fantasy player. I think Cook and McIntosh and maybe even Milton will get a handful of carries there with the though of limiting White due to prior health concerns. No need to run him to the ground when you have 3 REALLY good backs behind him.
  • TonyStavoli. Echo what Stevie said. I like this team. Martinez could be best value pick of the draft if he gets consistent. Mac Jones could be a very good pick as long as Bryce Young stays off his back. Sage Surratt at pick #12 was great value to me. Had him last year and he was everything I could have dreamed for in Round 5. Hartman's decision making concerns me some as I watched him last year and his FR year, but year 3 he will grow and I think Surratt should put up similar numbers as he did last year. Depth could be an issue. I am interested to see how the Texas WR situation shakes out. I have more cards in on Eagles. Jake Smith could be a catch machine though. I don't know that he will score a lot. I think Eagles can go underneath, deep and will be a good red zone threat, but I could see Jake Smith being a pretty solid fantasy WR as well. I like where he took a gamble on Tyrell Shavers. The timing was perfect.
  • JB drafted really well from start to finish, IMO. He knew where to take his upside picks and when to get value. I don't know if he did it on purpose or if he did it without knowing as I know he was busy this year, but I think he managed the draft VERY well.
  • Navin has some nice upside players. I like his team. I love his WR combo. His RB's concern me after Harris. His QB's have some concerns but also high upside guys. I think he did a good job drafting this year to put himself into competing on a week to week basis. I know Georgia typically isn't a fantasy WR dream but I think Pickens will be fairly consistent and probably some some quality two touchdown games this year. Waddle and Bateman should put up good numbers. Waddle may have a few lows in blowout games, but with cupcakes gone again, you may get more of his better fantasy games then not. I feel like he Pickens and Bateman are all capable of going off in any week. All 3 are elite WR's, the question is if they will be consistent fantasy wise. I think Bateman will be because he will be a large part of that offense to win games. Bama and Georgia it just depends on the week. Both should be decent enough on most weeks with good blowup value most weeks.
  • DHooey had great keepers. I probably would have kept Harris over Hill but that was a tough call. I think he took some good chances late and while he may not have gotten the best value early in the draft with his picks I think he was pretty solid early on.
  • OSU- I personally loved the David Bailey pick. I think he is going to have a great year. I think OSU you had a much better draft this year. King will be interesting. I wouldn't have taken him #1 but I also do't think it was a bad pick by any means. My concern with this team is that it might be too vanilla. Does it have the big dogs to compete? I think it lacks high upside but it should be fairly consistent. Just not sure the upside to hang with the big dogs is there. Waivers could make this team solid if he can find 2 more big dogs!
  • SportsGuru won't read this so lets just save the time.

some value picks I liked.

• I see Round 6 as a good value round (minus a few)

• Jashaun Corbin, Smurf Turfers
  • Larry Rountree, Drunk Jocks
  • Jahan Dotson, Heisman Hopefuls
  • Cam'Ron Harris, Paper Tigers
  • Richard Newton, End Zone Divas
  • Dedrick Mills, Orgy of Evil
  • Chris Autman-Bell, Dawgfathers
  • Gary Brightwell, Orgy of Evil
  • Frank Ladson, Califoria Raisins
  • Drake Lodon, Drunk Jocks
  • Trevon Bradford, Skeet Shooters

Sneaky Picks that I liked
  • Austin Jones, Orgy of Evil
  • Tyrell Shavers, End Zone Divas
  • Austin Barton, Heisman Hopefuls
  • Bryce Young/Tanner Mordecai, Paper Tigers (I do think Jones/Rattler win the job though, but these two will be lurking with very little room for error, might hit on one of them and that would be a huge steal)
  • Drake London, Drunk Jocks (Put him in both categories. I wouldn't be shocked if he was the go to for USC this year, but they had so many mouths to feed with Vaughans and St. Brown returning, so hard to really know where to value him. Really like what I saw late in the season though, might be hard to climb above the upper classmen who have been there longer.

I will have to stop there. I could keep going but work is calling.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bailey will at least be consistent and a bit of a work horse based on Boston College having limited weapons in the passing game regardless of who ends up at QB and no other known options at RB.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks I liked:

Mic Cunningham - Honestly would've been a fine good starting with basically Tony's turn IMO.

Larry Rountree - got him a round later than he should've gone

Jashaun Corbin - I liked him before the backup got suspended. Now he is a huge love.

Jhamon Ausbon - tons of opportunity, good offense. Now just needs Mond to make the leap.

Richard newton- I fucked up here trying to play the guy picking behind me and got burned here. I really like this pick. Especially with a new QB who needs to get worked in.

Dee Wiggins, Chris Autumn-Bell, Trey Burks- all the same round. All great picks for recivers who could easily be top 3/4 starters.

Chase Brice- getting him in round 12 is fantastic. Cutcliffe QB almost always produces.

Tyler Shough- I was gonna take him with the pick I took Franks. Definitely a good gamble that late. Lots of talent around him. Elite 11 pedigree. It's a good get.

Trey Palmer/Racey McMath- have to put them together because one of them is going to be a monster steal. Getting the guy replacing Jefferson in the 20s is fantastic value.

Cammon Cooper - guys, we saw what happened when DC had the Wazzu QB before. Now he gets him in round 6? Jesus. We all done fucked up.

Picks I didn't love:

Asim Rose - this guy is probably the 3rd best RB on his own team.

Wayne Taulapapa- i'm not sure he's starting, and there probably isnt' enough upside for his pick there.

Tariq Milton- might just be a bad experience for me. But he's feast or famine, and the top Iowa State receiver is usually not a smurf.

Alan Bowman - he's fine. But he's not super durable and Tech seems to want to run the ball more.

Bo Nix - he's not an elite QB...yet. (neither Bowman nor Nix shoudl've gone before Cooper IMO)

5 Star QB recruits in the late single digit rounds: they're not starting. I can't imagine we're playing spring football. I don't like keeper picks in the single digit rounds.

Favorite picks of mine:

Xavier Hutchinson - I thought I would've needed to take him far earlier than I did. Call it the Lazard effect. i love huge WRs in that WR spot for Iowa ST

Keytaon Thompson & Austin Burton: two spots that fit them well and have proven to be good systems in the past. Without much talent in front of them.

Devin Brumfield- Based on what utah likes to do, I think he could easily turn a profit for me.

Jaelen Gill- It sounds like he's going to be used like OSU used to use Curtis Samuel. Could be a fun go for him.

I think the top 4 teams are pretty clearly DC, Tony, Red Snow and Seahawks in some order. Seahawks went too wild for recruiting rankings rather than build some depth. But a few shrew waiver moves and he could easily be the top team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I like it better when Stevie drafts from his computer than his phone. I missed his side comments this year. Hopefully next year with no Covid threats he will return to behind the PC.
  • We really need better discussion this year during the season. I don't care if you have 1 win or 1 loss... That is what makes the league fun. Some of the oldies need to step it up. I feel like @osubuckeye89 and @DHoey were great additions as both are pretty active in discussions. Both had trips planned during the draft and both managed to intervene in pretty good discussion. Tony brought out some discussion in non football ways, but that is better that remaining silent. Guru probably doesn't even realize their is a discussion thread. Looking at some people really stepping up this year. I am not expecting 100 comments a week and suicide talk like Q, but I do appreciate his love for this league... It would be nice if we could hear from a few of you at least a few times during the course of the season. Sometimes it is hard to tell if some enjoy this league or they just go through the motions because they think they are obligated to remain around. Finding replacement isn't an issue with notification so please don't feel obligated and please contribute a bit to the discussion talk. I don't feel like there was much discussion about picks after about round 6 this year, but something is better than nothing. At least we know who has a pulse and is paying attention.
  • I like how our pace per day was almost spot on with every round this year. Everyone pretty much knew what time of day they would be picking because our pace was about spot on each day with previous days.
  • Q loves transfers (this includes JUCOS)
  • Seahawk loves blue chippers later on in the draft no matter the situation
  • I wouldn't be a draft if JB didn't draft a Colorado player
  • Navin loves blue chippers period
  • It feels weird to go through a draft where Q didn't draft a WR from Washington State, Texas Tech or Syracuse, but it looks like he has moved on to Notre Dame and Mississippi State.
  • I notice how more and more every year people are getting smarter with the draft realizing they don't need to handcuff every RB they take because there are more than enough teams and players available during the season to not have to handcuff, some situations are smarter than others. Until a few years ago I remember people would spend back to back round picks on a RB or QB situation just to get the right one. I think people are learning to manage the draft better each year.
  • I figured I might throw yall off by taking the first kicker this year, but it was fun to see a domino effect with a major kicker run after doing so. My plan wasn't to take the first kicker as I never do.. But when I was picking I had so many players clustered that I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted to take first so I decided to get my kicker pick out of the way to buy me more time to decide. ;)
  • For the first time ever we had someone not take a kicker in the draft, and it wasn't one, but two people. I get it... But with 26 rounds this year just take a DAMN kicker. Are you waiting for a kicker competition to be decided or what?????

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t take a kicker because one of my keepers somehow managed to get booted from Florida State. Lol. Figured I’d just replace him with a waiver kicker and take a extra stab at position players in the draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense- Doen't matter to me. Moreso giving you a hard time. I understand your logic... You were already down a player. It made sense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way looking like the Big 10 is coming out with a 10 game schedule tomorrow. (11 week, 10 games).

My best judgement is that we will likely be starting out league on Sept 26th (This seems to be when these conferences are starting) and it will consist of a 10 game schedule, with divisions playing each other twice, and no out of division games this year for Soul 12. Championship Week 11. That is probably in a perfect world. Who knows what will happen down the line, but probably come out with a 10 game schedule this week and then adjust if we need. Remember, this year is going to be very much on the fly. It's a free league. More then any other year we are just going to have to do what we can and enjoy!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Paper Tigers

Najee vs Hil was a real tough call. I wish I could have kept both. With real similar numbers last year, I decided to go with Hill because he has less behind him and I think that offense is going to go nuts this year.

Chances are, I fucked up.....I'm the guy that sat Edwards-Helaire last year when they played bame :L:L:L:L:L

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely changed my strategy this year. I like David Bell, but in no world should he be a keeper in a 2-player keeper league. And this is like the 3rd or 4th year in a row that at least one of my keepers has been atrocious. So I wanted to get a bunch of breakout potential towards the back end of the draft. Are all of those RSFS and TRFR going to hit? Definitely not. But if there's an injury or two and they come in and play really well, it bodes well for keepers next year.

Related, I always seem to take a bunch of safe, but unspectacular JR/SR RBs and WRs towards the end of the draft who never really contribute. Either they're RBs in a timeshare or WRs who may get 5 for 75 every week. My logic was that most years half my RBs by the end of the year are off waivers anyways whether it's guys stepping up or filling in for injury, and those safe/mediocre WRs are always available on waivers anyways with so many teams chucking the ball around.

We'll see. I definitely understand the critique of my team from that regard, but I wanted to gamble a bit more on upside and fill the back end of my roster with some potential this year. I may have overdone it, but I'm tired of having to keep players that are basically borderline top 100 guys. It seems like every year I have one great keeper and one that puts me at a huge disadvantage.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely changed my strategy this year. I like David Bell, but in no world should he be a keeper in a 2-player keeper league. And this is like the 3rd or 4th year in a row that at least one of my keepers has been atrocious. So I wanted to get a bunch of breakout potential towards the back end of the draft. Are all of those RSFS and TRFR going to hit? Definitely not. But if there's an injury or two and they come in and play really well, it bodes well for keepers next year.

Related, I always seem to take a bunch of safe, but unspectacular JR/SR RBs and WRs towards the end of the draft who never really contribute. Either they're RBs in a timeshare or WRs who may get 5 for 75 every week. My logic was that most years half my RBs by the end of the year are off waivers anyways whether it's guys stepping up or filling in for injury, and those safe/mediocre WRs are always available on waivers anyways with so many teams chucking the ball around.

We'll see. I definitely understand the critique of my team from that regard, but I wanted to gamble a bit more on upside and fill the back end of my roster with some potential this year. I may have overdone it, but I'm tired of having to keep players that are basically borderline top 100 guys. It seems like every year I have one great keeper and one that puts me at a huge disadvantage.

If bell is an atrocious keeper, what the hell would you call mine?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Paper Tigers

Najee vs Hil was a real tough call. I wish I could have kept both. With real similar numbers last year, I decided to go with Hill because he has less behind him and I think that offense is going to go nuts this year.

Chances are, I fucked up.....I'm the guy that sat Edwards-Helaire last year when they played bame :L:L:L:L:L

I think it was a very tough call for you. A good problem to have though. Sure beats deciding between Lorenzo Booker and Duane Coleman. In fairness to you I don't think anyone would have expectd CEH to have that kind of a game vs Alabama. It didn't cost me the game but I had Kellen Mond on my bench during his 7 OT game vs LSU, and I had Kalen Ballage on my bench when he ran for 8 rushing touchdowns vs Texas Tech. Thankfully neither cost me my game, but Ballage wasn't even the starting RB when he dropped 8 TD's on Tech.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, your logic makes sense. You went with a different strategy late this year, nothing wrong with it...

Like I said. I think your team is very strong early on. The only thing I may have done different if it was me is mix up value and high upside picks at the end. But you can get value on waivers so I don't think it is going to hurt you and you could hit on a few of those late round guys. You did a great job early on that I think you were in a situation you could do it, but at the same time maybe you didn't have to? Interesting strategy and we will see if it pays off. It might. Either way if your team stays health and stays "OPT IN", you're going to be very dangerous every week.

I do remember last year you had a variety of RB's who were tough to know when to start. I think a lot of times in fantasy when we struggle with one thing we try and hit it hard the next year. I always feel I am very strong at WR and the last few years my weakness is finding that one other stud RB to go with my RB1... I drafted RB's early this year to try and eliminate that issue, and I did the same thing last year but both of those guys got hurt week 1 and never really played after (Jafar Armstrong and Isaiah Bowser)...

Last edited:

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off. Thanks for a nice smooth and fun draft fellas. It was a lot of fun. I pray there is a season. Hoping for the best but no matter what we at least got the draft in. :shrug:

I like my team overall. I know there are some risks, but what team doesn't have some risk? It's college fantasy football.

Picks I liked
Jashaun Corbin
Tarique Milton
Amari Rogers
Cammon Cooper
Kevin Austin
Davis Mills
Johnny Johnson
Abdul Adams
Tristan Gebbia
Emeka Emezie

Picks I didn't like
Charleston Rambo
Erik Ezukanma
Isaiah Bowser
Elijah Collins
Michael Wilson
Ahmarean Brown

I felt like it was tough to come up with picks I didn't like this year. Great job overall.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely took more keeper possible players this year. Since my keeper situation this time around was pretty atrocious. Rondale Moore was getting kept regardless but my #2 was basically a tossup between (maybe) backup RBs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think David Bell is a decent keeper. Yeah, not the strongest of keepers, but he is big game capable and going into his SOPH season. If the QB situation can get figured out there he could be fairly decent and more consistent.

I love when Q whines about keepers like Tyler Vaughans and Spencer Sanders. I always have to remind him that I went undefeated one season with Lorenzo Booker and Kyle Wright as my keepers. I think it would be harder to do that today then it would be back then because people are better drafting in this league then they were back then, but I don't see having poor keepers in college fantasy as a good excuse for not doing well. Plenty of room to recover as I found out that year.

I have had some really poor keepers compared to Q's this year. Here is a list I could come up with off the top of my head.

Lorenzo Booker
Kyle Wright (Same year)
John Brantley
Joe Adams (Same year/was a bad year for me this year though)
J.W. Walsh

Not part of the above group but worth noting :) Good keeper options but unfortunate circumstances
Jonathan Williams (Injured before the season started/ was great the year before)
Dez Bryant (Suspended by NCAA/but this was a great keeper option)
(We have all probably had these. Navin has one already this year) OSU's probably falls between unfortunate and bad keeper option with Laborn. :) Although he is very talented, just very troubled and seems to be injury prone.

I swear someone had to keeper a kicker as a keeper before. I want to say it was SportsGuru?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having good keepers certainly doesn't hurt though......lol