• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible starting pitching rule changes

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you all think, worthwhile to implement some of these ideas or are they just really dumb ideas?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big fan of the double hook rule. I have been stumping for a similar rule, but instead of losing the DH entirely, I just think that linking the DH to the pitcher will do the same thing. Personally, I am in favor of doing anything that hurts the DH in any way. But I think that is a losing battle, that’s why I would actually argue for the linking of a specific DH to the pitcher position is a more viable compromise. And it brings back the strategy of having a price for pulling a pitcher.

The other rules are just stupid. Let the game develop on its own. No inning requirements. No batter requirements. No arbitrary draft pick awards.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big fan of the double hook rule. I have been stumping for a similar rule, but instead of losing the DH entirely, I just think that linking the DH to the pitcher will do the same thing. Personally, I am in favor of doing anything that hurts the DH in any way. But I think that is a losing battle, that’s why I would actually argue for the linking of a specific DH to the pitcher position is a more viable compromise. And it brings back the strategy of having a price for pulling a pitcher.

The other rules are just stupid. Let the game develop on its own. No inning requirements. No batter requirements. No arbitrary draft pick awards.
The article points out how pitchers are encouraged to go for the Ks and pitch towards that outcome more. May not be the best thing to push them further without changing the culture that has bred the problem in the first place

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article points out how pitchers are encouraged to go for the Ks and pitch towards that outcome more. May not be the best thing to push them further without changing the culture that has bred the problem in the first place
Let the game itself work that out. If teams do better with SPs who go longer, that will ultimately win out. If teams do better by having pitchers go more aggressive for fewer innings, that will ultimately win out.

The game does not need Manfred stepping in bastardize it. It is a beautiful game. Let it be.