• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Lockout for the NFL during the 2021 season?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49 years old, 6-0 and 185. Still hooping once a week but still can only go left, can't jump all that high but a soft jumper and a willing passer. I would only speed up my next back surgery if I tried to play tackle football now.

Back to your irrational, though. I already showed you my comments were opinions and not written as fact. No doubt you saw. No doubt saying you are wrong is taboo for you.

And opinions can be wrong or, at the very least refuted with facts and stats. If someone said his opinion is Tom Brady has never been a top 10 QB any year I would think you could and should set him straight.

OK we'll just have to agree to disagree. I believe opinions are just that, opinions. In your opinion they can be right or wrong. That's your opinion. It doesn't make it right and it certainly doesn't make it factual.

Your Tom Brady question isn't an opinion. It's someone being a dumb ass. Facts and stats prove that. So yes I and others would likely argue that.

Stop moving goal posts. We were both speculating and giving our opinions on what sport we'd rather play. There are ZERO facts nor stats to disprove either of our opinions on that subject.

I'll take a football schedule over all other sports. That's my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK we'll just have to agree to disagree. I believe opinions are just that, opinions. In your opinion they can be right or wrong. That's your opinion. It doesn't make it right and it certainly doesn't make it factual.

Your Tom Brady question isn't an opinion. It's someone being a dumb ass. Facts and stats prove that. So yes I and others would likely argue that.

Stop moving goal posts. We were both speculating and giving our opinions on what sport we'd rather play. There are ZERO facts nor stats to disprove either of our opinions on that subject.

I'll take a football schedule over all other sports. That's my opinion.
I do agree what you just said is an opinion. I gave you reasons why I thought your opinion was off base. as you'd do if someone said Brady has never been a top 10 QB, or more realistic never been the top QB in a given season.

I always love the "moving goalposts" line when one has nothing else. No one moved any goalposts. You said I expressed my opinions as facts. I showed you with evidence I did not. You are among those in forums like this who cannot admit they were wrong. Not my opinion. That's a fact.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree what you just said is an opinion. I gave you reasons why I thought your opinion was off base. as you'd do if someone said Brady has never been a top 10 QB, or more realistic never been the top QB in a given season.

I always love the "moving goalposts" line when one has nothing else. No one moved any goalposts. You said I expressed my opinions as facts. I showed you with evidence I did not. You are among those in forums like this who cannot admit they were wrong. Not my opinion. That's a fact.

I'm sure I'll find a way to sleep well even though you're upset.

Your goalpost move was when you tried introducing a fact based statement, when we clearly were discussing what schedule we'd prefer.

Unfortunately, I'm used to doing the SportsHoopla two-step with posters like you. So I didn't bite. FACT

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'll find a way to sleep well even though you're upset.

Your goalpost move was when you tried introducing a fact based statement, when we clearly were discussing what schedule we'd prefer.

Unfortunately, I'm used to doing the SportsHoopla two-step with posters like you. So I didn't bite. FACT
Already showed my entire statement and asked you to point out the opinion I wrote as fact. You couldn't.

I would hope nothing here makes you lose sleep. If it does, you have bigger problems than I imagined, my friend.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Saying athletes in other sports make more money is fallacious reasoning. You can't compare a sport that has 162 games and 25 players on the roster (or the NBA) to a league in which there are 16 R.S. games and 53 guys on the roster.

2. The better players don't "screw over" anyone. They get EXACTLY what they're worth. Mid-tier guys don't get the big bucks because they're not good enough to earn them. And Tom Brady makes like 50 times more than some bubble guy on the roster because he's 50 times more valuable to the team. Actually, he's hundreds of times more valuable to the team, but the minimum wage in sports is essentially charity because you can't have a guy with that much money on the line making 75 grand; he needs to be more invested than that.

3. If a guy isn't in the league when his contract ran out, he wasn't good enough to cut it. Period. The NFL is a pure meritocracy. Nobody "deserves" anything from the league; they earn it with blood, sweat & pain. And they all essentially won the genetic lottery (some more so than others).

If the league wants to increase the minimum salary at the expense of the stars, they're free to do so. But the league doesn't give a f**k about how it's all dispersed; they just care about the total salary cap. So that issue would have to be an internal gripe. and I couldn't care less how it all shakes out.

1. BS you can’t. NBA and NFL owners franchises and tv contracts and worth more than all but one MLB team. Value to a team is without question. But the Tom Brady’s aren’t what’s keeping the union from being a legit union. It’s younger guys who can’t afford to strike. It’s true it’s their fault for not saving money but personal expenses or shortcomings isn’t the reason for labor unions.

2. Is the exact same as number 1. A top paid earner isn’t more valuable than the 2nd-7th rounder who outplayed his contract by his 3rd game.

3. Complete BS on your third. In the NBA and MLB, by the 2nd contract like it or not those players still make money in either the G league or still in the minor leagues. NFL players have no other income they can get as they are replaced with cheaper labor because the union decided to screw the middle class of players. Which again goes back to the top earners only care about themselves which is why they are a weaker union than your local grocery store union.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1. BS you can’t. NBA and NFL owners franchises and tv contracts and worth more than all but one MLB team.

Total value of a team doesn't determine the value of one player. A MLB star is one of 25 players on the team rather than one of 53, and they're far more likely to pan out over the long term than an NFL player is. It's the definition of an apples-and-oranges comparison. There are too many variables to say one should be like the other.

2. Is the exact same as number 1. A top paid earner isn’t more valuable than the 2nd-7th rounder who outplayed his contract by his 3rd game.

:scratch: Huh? This doesn't make any sense.

3. Complete BS on your third. In the NBA and MLB, by the 2nd contract like it or not those players still make money in either the G league or still in the minor leagues. NFL players have no other income they can get as they are replaced with cheaper labor because the union decided to screw the middle class of players.

How is that even remotely the NFL's problem? The NFL isn't a charity, and a player who washes out of the NFL isn't a charity case. He can get a f**king job and save his game checks. Players not having a minor league isn't a reason to pay players more money; that's a non-sequitur.

Which again goes back to the top earners only care about themselves

And the players only care about themselves. Welcome to the real, f**king world. If they want someone to care about them, they should go visit their moms. The NFL is a business, not a day care.