• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Positional Hitting Assessment

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Grant at MCC:

C - (Worst hitting catcher in the league)
1B - (Worst hitting first baseman in the league)
2B - (Worst hitting second baseman in the league)
SS - (Worst hitting shortstop in the league, tied with anyone the Reds or Pirates are putting out there)
3B - Pablo!
LF - (Worst hitting in league when Rowand starts, a little below-average when Ross starts)
CF - Torres!
RF - (Solidly below average with Schierholtz, a little below-average when Ross starts)

Wish I could legitimately disagree...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rebuttals:

SS- SSS (Crawford now, right?)

1B- If year to date Huff = full year Huff, this is true...unless Belt is then recruited and Belt > Huff

But yeah, in other words, our lineup is decimated by injuries and wasn't super awesome before. Is this news?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is fair for 2B yet either, since that is a fresh season-ending injury and we have not found our All-Star replacement yet.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is fair for 2B yet either, since that is a fresh season-ending injury and we have not found our All-Star replacement yet.

just poking through Cal and haven't kept up. It's official? 2011 Giants are Franchez-less?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just poking through Cal and haven't kept up. It's official? 2011 Giants are Franchez-less?

1st opinion was that it needed season-ending surgery. He and the Giants are looking for other opinions.

The was labrum (?? - I am no doc, and my spell check does not like this word) and ligament damage, ie, worst case scenario.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st opinion was that it needed season-ending surgery. He and the Giants are looking for other opinions.

The was labia (?? - I am no doc, and my spell check does not like this word) and ligament damage, ie, worst case scenario.

That's a bit harsh Cal.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The was labrum (?? - I am no doc, and my spell check does not like this word) and ligament damage, ie, worst case scenario.

damnit.

far cry from the hopeful 6-8 weeks.

even if he does rush back, I gotta wonder how effective mentally and physically he will be when he comes back. Shoulder issues have plagued him and he goes all out effort.. tentativeness is not his game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnit.

far cry from the hopeful 6-8 weeks.

even if he does rush back, I gotta wonder how effective mentally and physically he will be when he comes back. Shoulder issues have plagued him and he goes all out effort.. tentativeness is not his game.

This is COMPLETELY unrelated. His previous issues have been muscle-related, while this is a separation (to his throwing arm, none-the-less).

This is an injury that will be with him the rest of his career, unfortunately. He may be able to come back early, medically speaking, but will his performance be MLB level?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Labrum damage is death for a pitcher. Nevertheless, I'd be more concerned about how it might effect his hitting, rather than the short throws from second.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is COMPLETELY unrelated. His previous issues have been muscle-related, while this is a separation (to his throwing arm, none-the-less).

This is an injury that will be with him the rest of his career, unfortunately. He may be able to come back early, medically speaking, but will his performance be MLB level?

yeah, I understand.

Franchez dislocated his shoulder bracing himself from a fall. Something that would regularly do when playing 2B.

I did dislocate my right shoulder in the same fashion in high school. It would pop out on occasion.. reaching up for a rebound while playing pickup basketball and landing on it while snowboarding. Even healthy, it did play with my mind as I pull off the throttle a bit when anything came around that shoulder.

I would have to assume he would compensate by relying on his left shoulder on many plays .. and wonder if he did come back this year - would an 80% Franchez do? It's the solid, at times spectacular players like Franchez that are the mortar of this team.