• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pondering offering a pretty large deal...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my main league is a redraft this year and we're going by all play record to determine playoff seeds. My buddy, who is usually a perennial playoff threat at least, is nuzzled comfortably in last place and I am in 2nd. I know he is panicking at least a little. 12 teams, we start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Flex (R/W/T) and some IDPs and a kicker and punter. PPR with bonus points for long TDs.

His roster...

QB - Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, Gordon, Brian Hill, Peyton Barber
WR - Adams, John Brown, Kirk, MVS, K'Neal Harry
TE - Ertz, Fant, Logan Thomas

My roster...

QB - Burrow, Goff
RB - Cook, Aaron Jones, Singletary, Gaskin, Edmonds, Swift
WR - OBJ, ARob, Woods, Boyd, Jeudy
TE - Hurst

Shooting for the stars here and thinking of going after Wilson, Chubb, and Ertz. I plugged a couple offers into some analyzers and Burrow (or Goff, if he prefers), Singletary, ARob, and Hurst gets me there value wise. I don't think he will go for that, but to be honest, I have underestimated him before... or overestimated him. I know he is high on Robinson and Hurst would be a fill in until Fant gets healthy, who he also likes. He is a Redskins... I mean Football Team fan, so he wouldn't be opposed to dealing Ertz. He's smart enough to realize that he needs help now and Chubb could be coming back to a situation where Hunt is dominating and Chubb could lose some work and getting someone to help him get out of the cellar now would be much more beneficial to him. I figure my counter to his counter would be to sub Fant for Ertz, while he is going to go after Cook and/or Jones.

So, my questions to you guys is are...

Am I trying to do too much? Should I just go after Chubb or Russ or Ertz or even just Fant? Should I consider dangling Cook or Jones and maybe trying to add Adams in the deal somewhere?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna be honest. With how bad wentz has looked, Jeffrey and Jackson and goedert coming back at some point, do you really know ertz turns it on? Your banking on Chubb having perfect recovery and taking back over, and honestly, your paying top dollar for Russ after facing some really porous d’s.....burrow and Goff aren’t Russ, but they’re gonna throw....I don’t like it at all

I see the intrigue in the pieces, but your gambling, your trading for his pieces, that ended up being mistakes or injuries at thus far, and banking in recovery and then around.....I say don’t be him...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my main league is a redraft this year and we're going by all play record to determine playoff seeds. My buddy, who is usually a perennial playoff threat at least, is nuzzled comfortably in last place and I am in 2nd. I know he is panicking at least a little. 12 teams, we start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Flex (R/W/T) and some IDPs and a kicker and punter. PPR with bonus points for long TDs.

His roster...

QB - Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, Gordon, Brian Hill, Peyton Barber
WR - Adams, John Brown, Kirk, MVS, K'Neal Harry
TE - Ertz, Fant, Logan Thomas

My roster...

QB - Burrow, Goff
RB - Cook, Aaron Jones, Singletary, Gaskin, Edmonds, Swift
WR - OBJ, ARob, Woods, Boyd, Jeudy
TE - Hurst

Shooting for the stars here and thinking of going after Wilson, Chubb, and Ertz. I plugged a couple offers into some analyzers and Burrow (or Goff, if he prefers), Singletary, ARob, and Hurst gets me there value wise. I don't think he will go for that, but to be honest, I have underestimated him before... or overestimated him. I know he is high on Robinson and Hurst would be a fill in until Fant gets healthy, who he also likes. He is a Redskins... I mean Football Team fan, so he wouldn't be opposed to dealing Ertz. He's smart enough to realize that he needs help now and Chubb could be coming back to a situation where Hunt is dominating and Chubb could lose some work and getting someone to help him get out of the cellar now would be much more beneficial to him. I figure my counter to his counter would be to sub Fant for Ertz, while he is going to go after Cook and/or Jones.

So, my questions to you guys is are...

Am I trying to do too much? Should I just go after Chubb or Russ or Ertz or even just Fant? Should I consider dangling Cook or Jones and maybe trying to add Adams in the deal somewhere?

I'd rather have Hurst than Ertz.
And Chubb doesn't make a whole lot of sense for you to downgrade at WR.

I'd stick to Russ.... I mean, if you can turn QB, ARob and Singletary into Russ and Chubb, that's probably smart. Though I'm not very high on a Chubb late season run (pardon the pun).

Beckham, Woods and Boyd is a fine trio to start, but you'll probably end up looking to upgrade there if you make a deal with ARob whle not getting a WR back.