• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pollak joins in...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
San Jose Sharks need more offense from third and fourth lines - San Jose Mercury News

"But, more significantly, it was only the sixth by a forward not on San Jose's top two lines in the 22 games since the Sharks hit the skids on their nine-game road trip in February. Michal Handzus scored in Tampa, Jim Vandermeer notched a goal against Edmonton, and Torrey Mitchell potted three others."

wow. that's a pace for a total of 22 total goals from the bottom six or roughly 3 to 4 goals per player.

Like I said, that is the #1 cause of the slump, hands down. a good solid 3rd liner has 12-15 goals, and 4th liner 5-8 goals. That should add up to 40 3rd line goals and 20 4th line goals or about 3/4 goal per game. Over 22 games, that would be roughly 17 goals. Give the sharks 11 more goals over those games and I'd guess at least 2 or 3 of those L's become W's and the sharks are #1 in the division, easily the 3rd seed.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol I love this articles selective use of facts yet leaves out crucial information like there hasn't been a 3rd or 4th line combo that has been together for the entire season. Moore has been here for a whole 15 games not all of which he played because he was injured in his second game with the team.

Handzus was on pace for about 10 or 12 which is good for a 3rd/4th line center. Of course having his finger explode like an overcooked sausage while blocking a shot will effect your game

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or maybe the Sharks problems stemmed from having Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau, and Clowe give half ass efforts on most nights.

Or maybe its the fact the coaching staff shits it pants every time something doesn't go their way.

Or maybe if the PP didn't go 0 for 7 or 8 straight games and in a majority of the games they've stuggled. Perhaps those lost oppertinities had something to do with their stuggles.

Or maybe if the goaltending made saves at just a league average rate which would have resulted in 14 less goals against.

Or maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, just maybe it was a culmination of all these things happening at the same time that led to the Sharks struggles since not a single one of these issues would create the problems the team had/is having.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or maybe the Sharks problems stemmed from having Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau, and Clowe give half ass efforts on most nights.

Or maybe its the fact the coaching staff shits it pants every time something doesn't go their way.

Or maybe if the PP didn't go 0 for 7 or 8 straight games and in a majority of the games they've stuggled. Perhaps those lost oppertinities had something to do with their stuggles.

Or maybe if the goaltending made saves at just a league average rate which would have resulted in 14 less goals against.

Or maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, just maybe it was a culmination of all these things happening at the same time that led to the Sharks struggles since not a single one of these issues would create the problems the team had/is having.

It's definitley all of the above, and then some!
I can't think of many things that have gone right in the past couple of months.
Getting Havlat back has been huge, that's about all I can come up with.
Beating Vancouver, Detroit, and the Bruins recentley is hopefully a sign of good things to come.
There are no more excuses for them. They don't need help to get in the playoffs, because they play all the teams they are fighting with in the Pacific, and just need to win their games. If they don't, then they don't deserve to get in.
Like everyone else here, I've been frustrated how things have gone, but I'm not going to give up on this season. It's all still right there for them.
The West is stacked this season, and I'm really suprised by teams like St Louis, Dallas, and Phoenix being where the are. With that being said, I don't see any of the teams being unbeatable. They all have their flaws.
Let's just play some good fucking hockey, get in the playoffs, and see how it plays out from there!!!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They Sharks just need to ask the rest of their opponents to wear Red Wing sweaters for the rest of the year and they'll be alright...

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no more excuses for them. They don't need help to get in the playoffs, because they play all the teams they are fighting with in the Pacific, and just need to win their games. If they don't, then they don't deserve to get in.

this.