• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Poll: Would you like to see your team play @ UCF?

Would you like to see your team play @ UCF?

• Yes

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • No, too scared

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • IDK, I'm a tshirt bandwagoner.

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also left out the teams UCF has played in recent years:

Florida A&M
Florida Atlantic x2
South Carolina State x2
Florida International x3
Austin Peay
Furman
Bethune-Cookman
They have no choice because teams are afraid to face them.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provide me wrong. I think too many are way to scared to play at UCF.

We have been playing road games at the oldest names for our entire 22 year D1 history. Only a handful like Texas, USCe, and Stanford have even dared to play @ UCF

#UCFacts

Jesus, it's like Boise State fans are back with a new team.

Actually we play @Army in 2020, but we're about the only big program that will do shit like that any more.

Good Luck

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

@UCFhonors has never lost to Bama... likewise, Nebraska has never lost to UCF.

Still waiting on the return visit from both teams.

Hustkers were unbelievable. They gave UCF a standing ovation going into the tunnel at halftime for having the lead at halftime.

#UCFacts

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not?

UCF isn't worth a home and home though, but if they want to come take a payday in Tuscaloosa that sounds great. Maybe drum up enough interest for a neutral site game, but I doubt they'll want to pay UCF that much.

UCF's AD should come out and publicly say they'll take the spot of whatever FCS team Alabama plays in November. Since you claim to know him. If Alabama doesn't accept, then you get free publicity to claim Alabama ducked you and would rather play FCS and if they accept then you get the game.

Still waiting on that return visit after UCF whooped that Bama ass.

And has Bama upgraded to actual urinals in the stadium like UCF has? Or are you still pissing in pig troughs?

#UCFacts

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on the return visit from both teams.

Hustkers were unbelievable. They gave UCF a standing ovation going into the tunnel at halftime for having the lead at halftime.

#UCFacts

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on that return visit after UCF whooped that Bama ass.

And has Bama upgraded to actual urinals in the stadium like UCF has? Or are you still pissing in pig troughs?

#UCFacts

You know why you're talking about a game almost 20 years ago?

Because you ain't relevant.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? UCF needs a payday like all the other scrub schools.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-12 what horrible program would ever go 0-12?
tenor.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for us playing every directional institution in this glorious nation.

Prepare your ass, Southwest Missouri State.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provide me wrong. I think too many are way to scared to play at UCF.

We have been playing road games at the oldest names for our entire 22 year D1 history. Only a handful like Texas, USCe, and Stanford have even dared to play @ UCF

#UCFacts
Not scared, just nothing in it for my Dawgs and we have far better options.
  • We play GaTech every year, which might one day actually be a rivalry now that CPJ is gone. Doubt it, but the nerds might surprise me.
  • Obviously, we play a SEC schedule each year with a permanent rivalry against Auburn.
  • We wrap up a H&H with Notre Dame this year ... we had a blast going to Notre Dame.
  • We have neutral site games scheduled with UVa, Oregon and Clemson in the future.
  • We have H&H setup with UCLA, Clemson, Texas and FSU, and it looks like we are almost scheduled with OU, all over the next 12 years.
So, we aren't scared to play OOC H&H or neutral site games, obviously.

As for UCF, if, while we are playing these other storied programs over the next decade, you guys can maintain the level of play you have had the past few years, and can add about 30 thousand seats to your stadium, the numbers might make sense. I don't think that is likely, but hey maybe you will surprise me. Until then, I would much rather we schedule other elite and blue blood teams that provide a much more enjoyable game experience. I go to all these away games, so I don't want to go to a Vanderbilt-like stadium but without the Nashville experience.

Srini

Custom Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be for it. Not too much Mexican food around here, would be a nice treat for the players to get the opportunity to dine at those luxurious Taco Bells we've been hearing about.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be for it. Not too much Mexican food around here, would be a nice treat for the players to get the opportunity to dine at those luxurious Taco Bells we've been hearing about.

It would be an honors to take you to the Taco Bell Catina across for campus, my UCFriend.

#UCFacts

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not scared, just nothing in it for my Dawgs and we have far better options.
  • We play GaTech every year, which might one day actually be a rivalry now that CPJ is gone. Doubt it, but the nerds might surprise me.
  • Obviously, we play a SEC schedule each year with a permanent rivalry against Auburn.
  • We wrap up a H&H with Notre Dame this year ... we had a blast going to Notre Dame.
  • We have neutral site games scheduled with UVa, Oregon and Clemson in the future.
  • We have H&H setup with UCLA, Clemson, Texas and FSU, and it looks like we are almost scheduled with OU, all over the next 12 years.
So, we aren't scared to play OOC H&H or neutral site games, obviously.

As for UCF, if, while we are playing these other storied programs over the next decade, you guys can maintain the level of play you have had the past few years, and can add about 30 thousand seats to your stadium, the numbers might make sense. I don't think that is likely, but hey maybe you will surprise me. Until then, I would much rather we schedule other elite and blue blood teams that provide a much more enjoyable game experience. I go to all these away games, so I don't want to go to a Vanderbilt-like stadium but without the Nashville experience.

Do I need to point out how many FCS teams UGA plays? Or can we agree that UGA schedules mostly weak OOC games?

#UCFacts

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to point out how many FCS teams UGA plays? Or can we agree that UGA schedules mostly weak OOC games?

#UCFacts
Make sure you point out how many FCS schools UCF plays. Or can we agree that UCF schedules mostly weak OOC games?

#UCFacts

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I abstain due to lack of interest.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#UCFacts
You see, I am the opposite of a troll ... I am only interested in engaging people here who want to have real discussions. Although it appears you are trolling, I will assume you asked this in good faith even though my post obviously refutes your question.

As you know, we play 8 IC games, leaving 4 OOC games. We play GaTech every year, a P5 team. Admittedly, they have sucked for the better part of the past 2 decades, but we don't really have a choice in that. We also almost always play a second P5 team, and we aren't afraid to schedule the good ones. In the past decade:

H&H: Arizona State, Colorado, Clemson, Notre Dame

H: Boise State

Neutral Site: Boise State, UNC

You can read my post to see that in the next decade+ we have scheduled H&H with Clemson (two series), FSU, Texas, UCLA, and there are discussions ongoing for a series with OU. Neutral games with Clemson (a fifth game), UVa, and Oregon.

In 2028 our OOC is @Texas, FSU, GaTech. In 2029 we have @Clemson, Texas, GaTech. So, at least 50% of our OOC is against P5, most against some of the best P5 there are. That's obviously anything but weak, which makes me think you are just trolling.

We do play one FCS team, something I wish we didn't do. But, I can go along with the idea that it gives us an extra byte week, and provides revenue to the FCS programs that helps them stay afloat. I won't attend such a game, and I wish we didn't play it, but one game out of the 4 doesn't bother me. We don't play an FCS this year, FWIW.

For the 4th OOC game we typically play a lesser skilled G5 team at the level of UCF, UMass, Buffalo, Murray State, Arkansas State, that kind of team that doesn't deserve a return trip, and we won't lose money to do so. Basically, they need the game with us, we don't need the game with them.

It really is ironic that you would assert we have a weak OOC when you play an entire schedule that is weaker than our OOC. In fact, when I look at your schedule, it reminds me of the years when we have GaTech and then 3 weak G5 teams. And, you declined to play a series against UF. You should heed the old advice about stones and glass houses.