• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please tell me

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are drafting Mayfield. I don't want him going to my saints.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really care before but now I sort of do actually want the saints to draft Mayfield just to see what happens to this fruit loop when he hears the news!

Anyway i am not sure what we're doing here on the broncos team board but I apologize to the Denver fans and "salute" you for your understanding. We've got a little miscreant on our hands and he keeps getting away! :gaah:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really care before but now I sort of do actually want the saints to draft Mayfield just to see what happens to this fruit loop when he hears the news!

Anyway i am not sure what we're doing here on the broncos team board but I apologize to the Denver fans and "salute" you for your understanding. We've got a little miscreant on our hands and he keeps getting away! :gaah:

Stick around you are in the lead for Poster of the Month. We share a kind of brotherhood with you when you say you don't "know what you're doing here on the Bronco's team board."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see no way the Saints could get close enough in a trade to get him anyway. Don't think you have anything to worry about. He is going top-7 in this draft. The trade compensation it would take would set the Saints back so far it wouldn't even come close to being worth it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Saints fans hear the comparison of Mayfield to Brees so there starts the rumor.

"Replace Brees with Brees"

Very unlikely given where they pick

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Saints fans hear the comparison of Mayfield to Brees so there starts the rumor.

"Replace Brees with Brees"

Very unlikely given where they pick

And he is definitely not close to Brees. I think my favorite comparison I have heard is Rich Gannon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,

You hear the Brees and Manziel comparisons. That is way too extreme in both cases.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,

You hear the Brees and Manziel comparisons. That is way too extreme in both cases.

Agreed. Manziel never improved on his behavior. He was much more interested in partying than he was in football. Baker at least you can tell he absolutely loves football. He might be a bit limited because of some size/athletic traits but you can never question his love for the game. He is the ultimate competitor. As for his off the field issues. He got arrested once. I haven't seen him have any issues since then and has been absolutely loved by coaches and teammates. Read a story the other day about how every day he would drive 30 minutes out of his way to go pick up a teammate and get them to practice on time. That is the type of QB I can get behind for sure.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the draft, I like Rosen and Mayfield. I see a lot of the national experts with the Broncos taking Sam Darnold a lot. Of course with this draft class, it seems like no one can agree who are the top 1 or 2 QB prospects.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Rosen guy. He'd make me happiest of the group.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the draft, I like Rosen and Mayfield. I see a lot of the national experts with the Broncos taking Sam Darnold a lot. Of course with this draft class, it seems like no one can agree who are the top 1 or 2 QB prospects.

NFL teams don't even agree right now. There is no clear cut #1 guy this year. A lot depends what you like to do as an offense. These QB's have different skill sets so seems like you can find your guy that fits you and work around their weaknesses.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Mayfield fan. I think he’s way too much into his socialMedia accounts. Already starting flame wars with pundits who don’t like his game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Mayfield fan. I think he’s way too much into his socialMedia accounts. Already starting flame wars with pundits who don’t like his game.

There is definitely some immaturity there. I go back and forth on him. Competitive wise he is top notch. Intelligence wise I've been told he is testing off the charts. The Broncos gave a white board test to all the top QB's in this draft at the combine and Mayfield is the only one that got every question right. Rosen was 2nd. But you are right he seems more interested at times in his detractors than just going and playing football and just letting his play on the field do the talking for him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Mayfield just irks me. I don't get how you can keep on doing stupid things, apologizing for it, acting all sincere about it then keep doing it.

Its all immature stuff. Not off the field red flags, like domestic stuff, drugs, etc, partying issues, he just lets his actions and mouth get him in trouble. Stay humble Baker.... but guy has to get it together. I feel like he has little man syndrome.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Mayfield just irks me. I don't get how you can keep on doing stupid things, apologizing for it, acting all sincere about it then keep doing it.

Its all immature stuff. Not off the field red flags, like domestic stuff, drugs, etc, partying issues, he just lets his actions and mouth get him in trouble. Stay humble Baker.... but guy has to get it together. I feel like he has little man syndrome.

If he can learn to turn his little man syndrome into something that drives him then he can be very successful for sure. I definitely worry though that he is just going to spend night after night attacking people online that mock him. He won't be able to just let that fuel him.