• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that they missed out on those times when theoretically they could've made it. But you could also argue that they didn't deserve to get in in 2014. Yeah, it's easy to say now that they "proved they belong", etc since they won. But at the time of the selection, you could easily argue that Baylor or TCU deserved it more than them. Also, in 2016 you could also easily argue that Penn State deserved in over them as well. Again, not saying they shouldn't have been in, but just as much of a debate as the times you mentioned.

But mostly I would like to clarify, when I initially said something about the "love that everyone has for Ohio State" I wasn't only meaning that they get CFP spots when they shouldn't, etc. I just mean things like they're always talked about like they're so dominant and often being ranked higher than I personally believe they should be throughout the years, etc. But you are correct that there have been times that they've been reasonably "in the debate" for a CFP spot and still did not make it.
as I said, they have not really played favorites for OSU. Been times we went and maybe shouldn't and vice versa. Far better resume, CCG win I'm sure was their reasoning in 2014. But we had nothing to base it on so, sure, could have picked baylor or TCU (with the other also having a beef).

as for rankings? Just 4th in 2014. 3-4th seemed right in 2016. and, if anything, could have been a good argument to make them #1 last year (and they were 2).....no disagreement they get a ton of pub. some good, some bad.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said, they have not really played favorites for OSU. Been times we went and maybe shouldn't and vice versa. Far better resume, CCG win I'm sure was their reasoning in 2014. But we had nothing to base it on so, sure, could have picked baylor or TCU (with the other also having a beef).

as for rankings? Just 4th in 2014. 3-4th seemed right in 2016. and, if anything, could have been a good argument to make them #1 last year (and they were 2).....no disagreement they get a ton of pub. some good, some bad.
Not disagreeing with you here, but again when I referred to rankings I'm not just meaning their final rankings, but rather all year long. And even then it's somewhat a matter of criteria, I get it. I agree they're typically a top 3-to-5 team on talent every year, so if that's all they're basing it off of then they're not typically overrated. I just feel like their actual resume is typically overrated because I don't feel like their schedules are typically as hard as the other top teams and/or their games are closer and stuff like that. Again, just generalizing, not referring to any one specific year or time here. Happy Thanksgiving!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with you here, but again when I referred to rankings I'm not just meaning their final rankings, but rather all year long. And even then it's somewhat a matter of criteria, I get it. I agree they're typically a top 3-to-5 team on talent every year, so if that's all they're basing it off of then they're not typically overrated. I just feel like their actual resume is typically overrated because I don't feel like their schedules are typically as hard as the other top teams and/or their games are closer and stuff like that. Again, just generalizing, not referring to any one specific year or time here. Happy Thanksgiving!
Want a team that is typically too high early in season sorry to say I think it's your own. Not trying to get into anything with you as seems like you were trying to be fair with your comments. While I'm sure I seem to just be sticking up for my own team I'm trying to be objective. They often have the talent to warrant their preseason ranking - especially at QB. and to be fair, other than the Fickell season they haven't had many down years where they were an alsoran since Tressel came aboard.......and their schedules are often as tough as anyone (other than 2019) OOC other than ND and maybe USC.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you, as well!!