• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed the trip up to Lambeau! Fulfilled my expectation, including the snow post game. Only seems fitting. Kept a low profile, everyone was great. A playoff atmosphere is different folks were really into it. Kid had a blast. Good luck going forward.

PS: Thanks for the helpful hints. Soot on.

Not that there hasn't been but i have yet to hear of an opposing fan having a bad experience at Lambeau. I have been to AT&T stadium in Dallas twice and had a good time as well.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flying in to Milwaukee on Saturday AM I hope. Rented a 4x4, got to visit family, maybe in Madison, then drive up to the hotel in the Oshkosh area. Head up Sunday. We fly out Monday, we hope. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the adventure.

Hey was great to meet you up in Green Bay before the game! Turned out to be a good one! I am guessing your son had a very memorable experience! I hope your trip up to get that bucket list thing done was great as well! The flight home is always more fun when there is a win to savor!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed the trip up to Lambeau! Fulfilled my expectation, including the snow post game. Only seems fitting. Kept a low profile, everyone was great. A playoff atmosphere is different folks were really into it. Kid had a blast. Good luck going forward.

PS: Thanks for the helpful hints. Soot on.

The playoffs are always a bit more intense for sure. During the season most fans will sit during the game and get up and cheer with big plays and such. Come playoff time the fans will stand the whole game and sit down a bit during tv commercials!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey was great to meet you up in Green Bay before the game! Turned out to be a good one! I am guessing your son had a very memorable experience! I hope your trip up to get that bucket list thing done was great as well! The flight home is always more fun when there is a win to savor!
Had a great time, good meeting you as well. Son couldn't have been happier. Scored major dad points there. Great fans, had fun, zero complaints from this ole Bear fan. I loved the setting of the Stadium, residential with eateries around the perimeter. Reminded me a lot if Wrigley, which is a good thing.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
220 yds rushing for one RB. I guess the defense saved their worst game for last. Beyond pathetic. Defense made strides this year but most of the year they had trouble with stopping the run and several times it was both the run and pass. One thing I’ve noticed is this defense is easily fooled. Need smarter players.

That said, the regular season was a surprising success but the post season was a failure.

Personnel will have to change if they expect to hold up the Lombardi again before AR retires or goes to a different team.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all is said and done, the Packers have exceeded my expectations by a lot. That stated, how in the fuck does a D give up over 220 rushing yards in a playoff game? I might not know a damn thing about NFL football, but I will never understand how you allow your DE or OLB to not maintain outside contain and funnel the runner to the inside where you usually have 7 to 9 of your players. I'm more than pissed about seeing those outside runs being successful time after time, and if that's by design, somebody needs to have their head examined...CTE is probably creeping in

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for it being different the next time you play them huh Rodgers? I guess they need to follow the same formula of the 9ers and suck for several years to get top ten draft picks so they can have quality players to compete for another trophy.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his potential departure is purely financial, the simple solution is to cut Jimmy Graham to afford his raise.
People love to hate on him. He needs a coverage partner so he can focus on the run

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People love to hate on him. He needs a coverage partner so he can focus on the run

I like Martinez but I think his abilities are limited. The middle of the D needs an upgrade in the worst way. Both games against the 9ers showed how not having enough playmakers can be the difference from going to the super bowl or not.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree.

You need good ILBs to make a 3-4 work. He's developed into one of the better ILBs in the league and there is no one in the pipeline ready to fill his vacancy if he leaves. He's certainly much more valuable than Jimmy Graham and if GB cuts Graham that opens about $10M on the cap.

My draft wishlist for the first three rounds includes T, WR, ILB in some order. If GB hits on a solid coverage ILB and retains Blake, we could be rolling out a top-5 D for the next couple years.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Martinez but I think his abilities are limited. The middle of the D needs an upgrade in the worst way. Both games against the 9ers showed how not having enough playmakers can be the difference from going to the super bowl or not.
Blake is a tackler. We're short on those as it is. He led the team last night - like he usually does.

Both Smiths have been great at getting to the QB this year, but yesterday they kinda got exposed for over-committing to the pass rush and failing to keep contain - ala Clay. Not sure if it was just the players being overzealous or overmatched or if there was a scheme problem, but our edge guys did a poor job of funneling Mostert to the middle and the middle was also getting sealed by blocks too easily.

When Gutenkunst is digging into film in preparation for the draft and free agency, he needs to be watching both games against SF in constant loop. GB was able to go toe to toe with every other team in the league, but SF has the formula to completely control games against us. We're not going to a SB if we can't get through them.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake is a tackler. We're short on those as it is. He led the team last night - like he usually does.

Both Smiths have been great at getting to the QB this year, but yesterday they kinda got exposed for over-committing to the pass rush and failing to keep contain - ala Clay. Not sure if it was just the players being overzealous or overmatched or if there was a scheme problem, but our edge guys did a poor job of funneling Mostert to the middle and the middle was also getting sealed by blocks too easily.

When Gutenkunst is digging into film in preparation for the draft and free agency, he needs to be watching both games against SF in constant loop. GB was able to go toe to toe with every other team in the league, but SF has the formula to completely control games against us. We're not going to a SB if we can't get through them.

I say it’s better talent than formula. 6-7 years of picking in the top ten of drafts will do that. Do they always work out? No, but San Fran had more hits than misses. They have more playmakers than GB on both sides of the ball. Only 8 passing attempts was glaring proof that this team has talent in every position other than QB. I don’t think it would have mattered who was running the ball with all the gaping holes there were in the Packer defense.

My wish is to steal away 9er person/personnel who evaluate college talent for the draft.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read this on another Packer website from a fan talking about Martinez. I think he has some valid points-

I've been harping on this weakness all season, leading with the less than stellar play from Blake Martinez in the middle. Predictably, the response in defense always cites his tackle #s as a rationale for his on the field success. Tackle stats are like rebounds in the NBA. Some rebounds are meaningful, some rebounds are the result of grabbing the basketball at the three point line after the second bounce when the rest of your teammates are at half court - see Russell Westbrook. When Martinez is making a bulk of his tackles 5 + yards downfield, is that statistic really a meaningful metric to gauge on the field success? I would argue it is not, and Sunday is a great example why. Watched the game for the second time last night, focusing on what in the hell was going on in the middle of the field in response to the run. I'll warn you Packer fans, it ain't pretty and the most ugly elements usually involve Mr. Martinez. So bad that at one point I thought that if you just had the ILB run as fast as they can up one of the A gaps on every single play, it may have had more impact than what Martinez did on Sunday - I would have cried too. Martinez is way to slow to play ILB in this NFL. GB needs a severe upgrade at middle linebacker, individuals with some element of lateral speed and ability to shoot the gap enough to disrupt a power running team like SF.

As to the rest of the D-line, despite everyone's green and gold colored glasses Dean Lowry and co. are a bunch of JAG fringe NFL players. Clark is an all-pro surrounded by 3-4 guys that are one injury away from XFL. Vast improvements in the interior need to take place across the board off-season. Keep one of those guys (doesn't matter who) for depth and dump the rest. Include BJ Goodson in the dump heap.

Keeping Martinez is akin to Ted Thompson's love affair with AJ Hawk. A love affair that lasted 3-4 years too long. Gute shouldn't make the same mistake with Martinez.