• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff scenarios

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't like Schwartz, he's been dealt a shit hand this year.

I was more upset about the play earlier in the season. At this point, he's got one CB who can play at all on the field. When the back is that patchwork, it changes what you can do as a whole.

I think it changes your scheme and he hasn't adapted... expecting scrubs to play in his scheme of cover and wait for the rush.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it changes your scheme and he hasn't adapted... expecting scrubs to play in his scheme of cover and wait for the rush.
There's limitations, though. Delay blitzes are almost out the window, because you can't count on the coverage to hold. Jenkins doesn't get to blitz because you can't count on these guys to stay with anyone, etc.

They did blitz on the last play, and forced a bad throw to the one CB that could make a play.

Like I said, I'm not happy with Schwartz, and I won't be sad if he leaves. But I'm not going to rip him for what's going on on the back end of the defense right now.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's limitations, though. Delay blitzes are almost out the window, because you can't count on the coverage to hold. Jenkins doesn't get to blitz because you can't count on these guys to stay with anyone, etc.

They did blitz on the last play, and forced a bad throw to the one CB that could make a play.

Like I said, I'm not happy with Schwartz, and I won't be sad if he leaves. But I'm not going to rip him for what's going on on the back end of the defense right now.

yeah, and its going to be tough for any D coordinator in this town that loved the Jim Johnson or Buddy Ryan style so much better.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and its going to be tough for any D coordinator in this town that loved the Jim Johnson or Buddy Ryan style so much better.
Buddy had the best Defenses ever in Phila.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thoughts exactly. I don’t want to give the fucker a pass. Roy is right....he hasn’t made any adjustments. And no matter the personnel, the Cover 3 bullshit has aggravated me to no end.

But, when it comes down to going and getting another DC I can’t see his firing being a sure bet.

I guess that really comes down to who is available to DC, which we won’t see the full picture of for a bit yet.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we would have worried about HFA earlier in the season...

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we somehow sneak into the playoffs, we may end up playing the cowturds again. I doubt they beat us 3 times in one year. I hope that scenario happens.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we somehow sneak into the playoffs, we may end up playing the cowturds again. I doubt they beat us 3 times in one year. I hope that scenario happens.
Would be beautiful, manny.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id take Todd Bowles. I think the Jets may be done with him possibly.

Yesterday I commented that we don’t know who will be available yet. My mind was on Bowles. I would be down for that. He runs a mean defense.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings loss keeps the pipe dream alive.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we would have worried about HFA earlier in the season...

your jokes are still corny as fuck. worrying about shitty losses early on pertaining to HFA down the line you hope to get is no different than the people who were declaring the season lost because the eagles were 3-4. it's just projecting future possibilities and situations.

just like when i posted about the absurd opinions of people wanting to trade wentz to keep foles after the superbowl and you cried "it's too early, let people enjoy the fucking win." then you were fine with other people starting topics 5 minutes later about the draft and next season.

take a hike with that lame ass agenda.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your jokes are still corny as fuck. worrying about shitty losses early on pertaining to HFA down the line you hope to get is no different than the people who were declaring the season lost because the eagles were 3-4. it's just projecting future possibilities and situations.

just like when i posted about the absurd opinions of people wanting to trade wentz to keep foles after the superbowl and you cried "it's too early, let people enjoy the fucking win." then you were fine with other people starting topics 5 minutes later about the draft and next season.

take a hike with that lame ass agenda.

anybody wanting to trade wentz is a retard... hell, anybody even considering the trade of wentz probably drools into a cup half the day.

But on to more pressing matters... what are the scenarios in which we win HFA?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody wanting to trade wentz is a retard... hell, anybody even considering the trade of wentz probably drools into a cup half the day.

But on to more pressing matters... what are the scenarios in which we win HFA?

i never disagreed and said it was absurd to even consider trading him. why you decided to dump on me for bringing up what other people/media were already discussing is just you being a typical douchebag.

as for HFA, it's no surprise my post was spot on. i specifically said we can't lose these early games because it's going to cost us down the line. we're 7-7 when we should easily be 9-5, if not 10-4. and that would have us one game back of HFA.

even with the current injuries, the eagles are capable of beating just about anyone at home. they can also surprise a team on the road like they did with the rams last night. all they need to do is handle their business at home against the texans, beat a depleted skins team and hope the vikings lose one of their games against the lions or bears.

that pushes them into the playoffs, where they will eventually lose on the road because they choked away early games and couldn't secure HFA... just like i stressed with great importance early on.

that's the scenario, you ignorant prick.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never disagreed and said it was absurd to even consider trading him. why you decided to dump on me for bringing up what other people/media were already discussing is just you being a typical douchebag.

as for HFA, it's no surprise my post was spot on. i specifically said we can't lose these early games because it's going to cost us down the line. we're 7-7 when we should easily be 9-5, if not 10-4. and that would have us one game back of HFA.

even with the current injuries, the eagles are capable of beating just about anyone at home. they can also surprise a team on the road like they did with the rams last night. all they need to do is handle their business at home against the texans, beat a depleted skins team and hope the vikings lose one of their games against the lions or bears.

that pushes them into the playoffs, where they will eventually lose on the road because they choked away early games and couldn't secure HFA... just like i stressed with great importance early on.

that's the scenario, you ignorant prick.

respect for circling it back to your flawed thinking. I'll be interested in your HFA analysis next year after week one... but really, why not before week 1. Never too early.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense will be fine if we get 2 stud DL,1 stud pass rusher, and 2 CBs. We need to develop a stud S whenever Malcolm starts to decline (maybe Maddox?). A stud LB or 2 would also be great.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
respect for circling it back to your flawed thinking. I'll be interested in your HFA analysis next year after week one... but really, why not before week 1. Never too early.

there was no "flawed thinking" in simply pointing out how important and crucial HFA is, especially for a team coming off a championship. all i was stating was those choking losses put the season in danger and would come back to haunt us. and they certainly have in many ways.

you chose to be a douche about it because it was early on and you rather play the monday morning QB week after week. again, if that's you or anyone else, awesome. i sure as hell don't care and you're entitled to your opinion.

when i said the carolina game was a must win last year to get HFA, most people disagreed. we got HFA in large part because of that and won our first superbowl. i stressed the same early this year and most people disagreed again. now that we're 7-7, everyone wants those easy wins we choked away back.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was no "flawed thinking" in simply pointing out how important and crucial HFA is, especially for a team coming off a championship. all i was stating was those choking losses put the season in danger and would come back to haunt us. and they certainly have in many ways.

you chose to be a douche about it because it was early on and you rather play the monday morning QB week after week. again, if that's you or anyone else, awesome. i sure as hell don't care and you're entitled to your opinion.

when i said the carolina game was a must win last year to get HFA, most people disagreed. we got HFA in large part because of that and won our first superbowl. i stressed the same early this year and most people disagreed again. now that we're 7-7, everyone wants those easy wins we choked away back.

atleast you're consistent... wrong, but consistent.