• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Predictions

Moneyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AL East: Boston Red Sox
AL Central: Detroit Tigers
AL West: Texas Rangers
AL Wild Card: New York Yankees

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies
NL Central: Milwaukee Brewers
NL West: San Francisco Giants
NL Wild Card: Atlanta Braves

I can see the Cardinals contending with the Braves for the W.C., but I think Atlanta is too good of a team to choke down the stretch. Cardinals/Brewers should be a good race, and I can see the Red Sox/Yankees go down to the final week (even though, the other team will just get the W.C.)

With the additions of Adams and Ujehra (or w/e his last name is) I cannot see the Rangers blowing the lead in the west.

Who do you think will end up winning the divisions at the end of the season?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox/Yankees I think are a given. Yankees win out and contend for another WS bid.

I also believe SF has a good chance of getting back into the WS.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the OPs list is pretty much set. The Cards could upset the Brewers apple cart in the Central but I don't think they will. The NL WC is Atlanta's to lose and I can see the D-Backs falling off in the West pretty soon. I don't see any of those teams being real threats to the Phillies or Giants. The Giants obviously have that great(not just good) pitching and it will always give them a realistic shot at getting back to the dance but I'm not sure if they can re-create the magic from last year offensively. The Phillies appear to have a juggernaut but they will have to contend with the Giants pitching at some point. The addition of Pence has changed that dynamic a lot.
In the AL, everyone is talking about the Yanks and Sox and I think that suits the Rangers just fine. Both the Sox and the Yanks have rotation questions but their offenses and bullpens can cover that up. Of course, the Rangers offense takes a back seat to nobody. I think Detroit needs miracle work from Verlander and the rest of the staff and everything has to click just right for them to have any shot at upsetting the other three.
I can see a Phillies/Red Sox WS but a Giants/ Rangers re-match wouldn't surprise me in the least.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It looks like it could be

AL East: Boston Red Sox
AL Central: Cleveland Indians
AL West: Texas Rangers
AL Wild Card: New York Yankees

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies
NL Central: Milwaukee Brewers
NL West: ARIZONA D-BACKS
NL Wild Card: Atlanta Braves

Atleast I can hope...

AlbertFlasher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A.L. Boston, New York, Detroit and Texas

N.L. Philly, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Arizona

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I need to amend my previous post. It looks like the D-Backs might just be able to keep it going. Must be Kirk Gibson's mojo or something. I'm not counting out the Giants just yet but their offense is even worse than ours in Seattle.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to amend my previous post. It looks like the D-Backs might just be able to keep it going. Must be Kirk Gibson's mojo or something. I'm not counting out the Giants just yet but their offense is even worse than ours in Seattle.

You are going to amend your predictions?

Why not just wait until the season is over to make your predictions?