• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Predictions After Week 1

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC:
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. New England Patriots
4. Tennessee Titans
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Buffalo Bills
7. Houston Texans

AFC Wild Card:
Baltimore Ravens
vs. Tennessee Titans
Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots
Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs

AFC Divisional:

New England Patriots vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC Championship:
Kansas City Chiefs
vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC:
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6. Los Angeles Rams
7. Minnesota Vikings

NFC Wild Card:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
vs. Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks
Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers

NFC Divisional:
Seattle Seahawks
vs. Green Bay Packers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints

NFC Championship:
Seattle Seahawks
vs. New Orleans Saints

SUPER BOWL LV:
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Seattle Seahawks

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Titans
4. Bills
5. Steelers
6. Raiders
7. Browns

1. Niners
2. Cowboys
3. Saints
4. Packers
5. Seahawks
6. Bucs
7. Cardinals

AFCCG:

Chiefs over Ravens

NFCCG

Cowboys over Niners

SB:

Chiefs over Cowboys

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. Patriots
4. Texans
5. Bills
6. Raiders
7. Steelers

It looks a lot like last year in the AFC imo unless the Jaguars step up.

NFC...no clue. I feel like 4 of the top 6 teams in the NFC West based on week 1.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Bills
4. Titans
5. Steelers
6. Patriots
7. Texans

NFC is a lot tougher...NFCW inparticular...who knows. 49ers have no WR's right now, would still take them over the Cards at this point

1. Saints
2. Packers
3. Seahawks
4. Cowboys (only bc the division is so weak)
5. 49ers
6. Vikings
7. Cardinals/Rams

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Bills
4. Titans
5. Patriots
6. Colts
7. Texans

1. Seahawks
2. Saints
3. Cowboys
4. Packers
5. Vikings
6. Cardinals
7. Rams

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things I believe. The Cowboys might win their division by default but are 1 and done.
And if the Seahawks have to go to Green Bay in January, they're fucked.
The rest is meh, whatever.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Titans
4. Bills
5. Steelers
6. Raiders
7. Browns

1. Niners
2. Cowboys
3. Saints
4. Packers
5. Seahawks
6. Bucs
7. Cardinals

AFCCG:

Chiefs over Ravens

NFCCG

Cowboys over Niners

SB:

Chiefs over Cowboys
Where is the confidence for the Niners and the Cowboys coming from?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the confidence for the Niners and the Cowboys coming from?
Roster. I still like the Cowboys offense and I still like the Niners overall roster.

The top of the NFC also isn't very impressive to me so far. I can't really bring myself to put stock into a team with effectively no pass rush in SEA for instance or a super green team like Arizona. Saints/Bucs are playing a tightrope game with their QB's and I don't trust them.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. Patriots
4. Texans
5. Bills
6. Raiders
7. Steelers

It looks a lot like last year in the AFC imo unless the Jaguars step up.

NFC...no clue. I feel like 4 of the top 6 teams in the NFC West based on week 1.
I would love to see Houston win the division but the lack of weapons for Watson scares me. Yeah he's got David Johnson and Will Fuller but that's about it. Plus, you never know if Johnson can even stay healthy yet. I don't want to judge them based on how they played against the Super Bowl Champs, but it's hard to, especially after seeing the guys he's got to throw to. Got no TE, no real #1 WR, a question mark still at RB and what looks to be the same O-Line from last year. 4 sacks for Watson, 2nd most of Week 1. With that said, the entire AFC South needs some help. Jacksonville seems to be the "best" team of that division right now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster. I still like the Cowboys offense and I still like the Niners overall roster.

The top of the NFC also isn't very impressive to me so far. I can't really bring myself to put stock into a team with effectively no pass rush in SEA for instance or super green team like Arizona.
I can't put any faith in a Cowboys roster with Dak at QB. He's still making rookie throwing mistakes 5 years later. What about New Orleans, Green Bay, Rams?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put any faith in a Cowboys roster with Dak at QB. He's still making rookie throwing mistakes 5 years later. What about New Orleans, Green Bay, Rams?
All of those teams have some pretty fatal flaws themselves, and Dak for all the crap he has gotten is a top 10 QB; kinda reminds me of when Romo was there but with a better team, ironically. There's not a dominant team in the NFC that would make two disappointing debuts change my predictions for them. I had the Packers missing the playoffs entirely prior to this week. The NFC is deeper than it is great at the top. I like the Cards more than the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Houston win the division but the lack of weapons for Watson scares me. Yeah he's got David Johnson and Will Fuller but that's about it.
Brandin Cooks was one of the most consistent receivers in football from 2015-2018. Randall Cobb is also pretty decent as a #3 WR. Houston's oline is better than ever.

They should be a top 10 offense imo

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks was one of the most consistent receivers in football from 2015-2018. Randall Cobb is also pretty decent as a #3 WR. Houston's oline is better than ever.

Cobb is a pretty limited player at this point and clogs up the slot away from Cooks, Fuller, and Stills. He might be a decent #3, but he's a bad fit for the Texans' current offense, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Houston win the division but the lack of weapons for Watson scares me. Yeah he's got David Johnson and Will Fuller but that's about it. Plus, you never know if Johnson can even stay healthy yet. I don't want to judge them based on how they played against the Super Bowl Champs, but it's hard to, especially after seeing the guys he's got to throw to. Got no TE, no real #1 WR, a question mark still at RB and what looks to be the same O-Line from last year. 4 sacks for Watson, 2nd most of Week 1. With that said, the entire AFC South needs some help. Jacksonville seems to be the "best" team of that division right now.

I don't think the offensive weapons is an issue. OL, sure. Defense, well they did play the Chiefs but gotta be honest..they looked bad.

Cooks, Fuller, DJohnson and Fells ain't too shabby at all.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those teams have some pretty fatal flaws themselves, and Dak for all the crap he has gotten is a top 10 QB; kinda reminds me of when Romo was there but with a better team, ironically. There's not a dominant team in the NFC that would make two disappointing debuts change my predictions for them. I had the Packers missing the playoffs entirely prior to this week. The NFC is deeper than it is great at the top.
Totally agree with most of what you said. There is no perfect team in the NFC right now. IMO, the 49ers not being able to come back to beat the Cardinals is a huge issue for me, especially seeing that Garropolo doesn't seem to have improved his game at all. But Dak being a top 10 QB? Not after Week 1 and not overall either. Not in any particular order, but I'd choose Mahomes, Jackson, Brees, Brady, Cam, Ben, Wilson, Ryan and Rodgers before I even think about choosing Dak. Is Dak really a top 10 QB?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb is a pretty limited player at this point and clogs up the slot away from Cooks, Fuller, and Stills. He might be a decent #3, but he's a bad fit for the Texans' current offense, imo.
Thats fair. Cobb is probably barely worth mentioning. Cooks and Fuller are also injury prone. There are ways where it totally falls apart for Houston. Its just that there are weapons there. They just don't have the best WR in the league anymore but in the same breath you have to wonder - how many actual lockdown CBs are there in the AFC?.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the offensive weapons is an issue. OL, sure. Defense, well they did play the Chiefs but gotta be honest..they looked bad.

Cooks, Fuller, DJohnson and Fells ain't too shabby at all.
As long as DJ can stay healthy and his receivers/TEs can ball out, you're right, I don't see an issue there at all. It's just an unknown for me that I'm not confident in especially with their upcoming schedule. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, then the Packers in October and Patriots in November. Looking at best to be 4-6 come December. But like I said, would love to see them gel and ball out and win the division. I just unfortunately don't see it happening.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keyword is should. Cobb is limited usage at best, Cooks has bounced around team to team for a reason, he's not consistent and saying Houston's O-Line looks better than ever is not saying much seeing as Watson has been sacked 106 times since 2018 and got sacked 4 times on Week 1. I need to see another game or 2 before I say they are better than ever.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keyword is should. Cobb is limited usage at best, Cooks has bounced around team to team for a reason, he's not consistent and saying Houston's O-Line looks better than ever is not saying much seeing as Watson has been sacked 106 times since 2018 and got sacked 4 times on Week 1. I need to see another game or 2 before I say they are better than ever.
I get why people are skeptical but Watson's career record is 24-14, his YPA is 8.1, he has 72 TDs and 30 Ints and had 10 game winning drives the past two seasons. His competition is a team that always finishes 9-7, a mostly washed up Philip Rivers, and a newcomer on a team that everyone thought was rebuilding. Its still his division to lose imo.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why people are skeptical but Watson's career record is 24-14, his YPA is 8.1, he has 72 TDs and 30 Ints and had 10 game winning drives the past two seasons. His competition is a team that always finishes 9-7, a mostly washed up Philip Rivers, and a newcomer on a team that everyone thought was rebuilding. Its still his division to lose imo.
My concern isn't Watson, he's going to be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years. My concern is his O-Line and his weapons. His O-Line can't allow him to get sacked 4 times each week in order to make the playoffs and keep Watson healthy all year. The team that always finished 9-7 made it to the AFC title game last year, went 7-3 when Tannehill took over and has won a lot more playoff games in the last 4 years than Houston has. Rivers didn't looked washed up Sunday. The Jags didn't look like a rebuild project Sunday. His personal stats are great but him and the Houston defense are the only non-question marks on the team for me. Was not impressed with his receivers or his O-Line on Thursday but once again, that was against the Chiefs so let's see how they do against Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Minnesota the next 3 weeks.