• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing the numbers game:NFC East versus NFC North and AFC West

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm into division 5 here. I show the last five years their records against each division they played each year and their own and come to a guess on their swing games.

Washington against the NFC North, South, and West divisions
08-2-2(won at seahawks and against cardinals)
09-1-3(won against bucs)
10-2-2(won at bears and against packers)
11-3-1(lost against 49ers)
12-2-2(won at saints and bucs)
13..............................................................1-3. So who do they beat between Chicago and Minnesota? The NFC North I did had Washington's only win against Chicago.

Washington against the AFC East, North, South, and West divisions
08-1-3(won against browns)
09-2-2(won at raiders and against broncos)
10-2-2(won at titans and jaguars)
11-0-4
12-2-2(won at browns and against ravens)
13.....................................................2-2 again. It should be noted this team has not been able to go better than 2-2 against the AFC since the re-alignment. And maybe it can be sai because they have RG3 that changes, well no not really. They still don't have the best coaching or the DC. I still don't think the redskins team of now is better than the 05-07 Gibbs/Williams team. And I think their two wins will be at raiders and against chiefs.

Washington against Dallas, New York, and Philadelphia
08-3-3
09-0-6
10-2-4
11-2-4
12-5-1
13....................................................The numbers have been all over the place but after 05 it was 1-5, 3-3, 3-3, 0-6, 2-4, 2-4 and then 5-1 in a sudden. I think they go 3-3 splitting with all three.

Thats 6-8 before the swing games. Washington loses at Atlanta and beats the 49ers. Washington will learn that just because they have RG3 they are not immune to the merry go round that is this division. Redskins go 7-9 but just maybe, they won't be last. For starters I see them starting out 0-3 against Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Detroit and that will set the tone because late in the year they will not be playing on the road against contentionless teams.

New York next..............

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York against the NFC North, South, and West divisions
08-4-0
09-2-2(won at bucs and against falcons)
10-3-1(lost at packers)
11-2-2(won at cards and against rams)
12-3-1(lost at Atlanta)
13...........................................................4-0? No, just do not see that but I do see 1-3 or 0-4, skipping over 4-0. This is coming down to the bears game. I think the vikings upset them, the packers get payback, and they lost at Detroit when its too late. I think its Chicago or no one. And the reason why this is pending is because of the bears home game against the saints 4 days earlier.

New York against the AFC East, North, South, and West divisions
08-3-1(lost at browns)
09-2-2(won at chiefs and against raiders)
10-2-2(won at texans and against jaguars)
11-4-0
12-1-3(won against browns)
13......................................................There was actually a odd/even pattern happening dating back to before 08. So I think its stabilized now and they were more likely to lose anyways to the broncos and chargers. the game is in San Diego late in the year which benefits the chargers. Also giants defense has only been good getting turnovers their secondary is not good and neither is their run defense at times unless they force teams to pass. I think chiefs and raiders are their two wins.

New York against Dallas, Philadelphia, and Washington
08-4-2
09-4-2
10-3-3
11-3-3
12-3-3
13..................................................2-4. They split with Washington and Philadelphia but believe this is the year they finally lose in Dallas. And if they do, they will not win week 12 given that Dallas has played better there than at home and off their recent two bye weeks forced the ravens and pats into narrow wins and the giants are not those teams in the regular season especially. But giants playing cowboys week 1 have not had the best luck. They are 0-2 in season opening games against Dallas. Giants have also not been the sharpest in season openers, with their only blowout win coming against the panthers who went on to go 2-14. Their other wins were a 16-7 win against the redskins and a 24-17 win against the redskins. Any other week and they could continue the streak. This week one matchup in where they have had success bites them hard.

So the giants are 4-9 pending the the bears game and the swing games. I think the giants end up winning a needed game in Carolina(but it won't be a blowout) and will get the benefit of playing Seattle on the end of back to back road games(the first at SF which will be tough in itself). Thats 6-9. If they lose at Chicago its 6-10 and 7-9 if they win. I see the giants starting out 0-2 then 2-2, then lose two or three of their next four before facing the raiders after the bye. It may be too late then. Giants have been a bit of a entitled team and people ride their bandwagon because of Eli's last name. This team is overrated. And here is your last place team.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas against the NFC North, South, and West divisions
08-2-2(lost at cards and rams)
09-4-0
10-1-3(won against lions)
11-3-1(lost at cards)
12-2-2(won at panthers and against bucs)
13.................................................................4-0. They have packers and vikes at home. Vikes at home especially before their TNF game against the redskins. They go to Detroit and Chicago. By far, Chicago is the toughest. But late in the year Dallas having the better record will overcome that.

Dallas against the AFC East, North, South, and West divisions
08-2-2(won at browns and against bengals)
10-2-2(won at colts and texans)
11-2-2(won against bills and dolphins)
12-3-1(lost at ravens)
13..............................................................They won't go 4-0 and I can't give them 1-3 because they are able to beat the raiders and chiefs get them before the Reid bowl. I see those as wins but losses in San Diego and against Denver. So 2-2.

Dallas against New York, Philadelphia, and Washington
08-3-3
09-4-2
10-3-3
11-2-4
12-3-3
13.............................................................4-2. They split with eagles and redskins and sweep the giants.

10-4 for Dallas pending the bye. And the final two games are against rams and saints. They win against rams but not at the saints. They finish 11-5 and become the fourth different team in four years to win the division.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia against the NFC North, South, and West divisions
08-4-0
09-3-1(lost against saints)
10-1-3(won at lions)
11-1-3(won at rams)
12-1-3(won at bucs)
13...............................................2-2. They beat lions and vikings.

Philadelphia against the AFC East, North, South, and West divisions
08-2-1-1(won against steelers and browns, tied at bengals)
09-2-2(won against broncos and chiefs)
10-3-1(lost at titans)
11-2-2(won at dolphins and against jets)
12-2-2(won at browns and against ravens)
13..............................................1-3. They do not have the best of luck here. They lose at broncos and raiders and to the chiefs in a emotional TNF game for Reid.

Philadelphia against Dallas, New York, and Washington
08-2-4
09-4-2
10-4-2
11-5-1
12-1-5
13..................................................3-3. This the number I came to their numbers have been all over the place but do not believe they win three division games out of 12 in two years. So I say 3-3, splitting with all three.

Philadelphia is 6-8 not including the swing games. They will lose to the bucs who come off a bye and playing at home. And their other game is against Arizona, but it being off of a bye week at the start of December plays in their favor. So they win that. The eagles will improve to 7-9.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas 11-5
Philadelphia 7-9
Washington 7-9
New York 7-9 or 6-10

It could be a three way tie for second place. But this year Dallas rules the NFC East.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York against the NFC North, South, and West divisions
08-4-0
09-2-2(won at bucs and against falcons)
10-3-1(lost at packers)
11-2-2(won at cards and against rams)
12-3-1(lost at Atlanta)
13...........................................................4-0? No, just do not see that but I do see 1-3 or 0-4, skipping over 4-0. This is coming down to the bears game. I think the vikings upset them, the packers get payback, and they lost at Detroit when its too late. I think its Chicago or no one. And the reason why this is pending is because of the bears home game against the saints 4 days earlier.

New York against the AFC East, North, South, and West divisions
08-3-1(lost at browns)
10-2-2(won at texans and against jaguars)
11-4-0
12-1-3(won against browns)
13......................................................There was actually a odd/even pattern happening dating back to before 08. So I think its stabilized now and they were more likely to lose anyways to the broncos and chargers. the game is in San Diego late in the year which benefits the chargers. Also giants defense has only been good getting turnovers their secondary is not good and neither is their run defense at times unless they force teams to pass. I think chiefs and raiders are their two wins.

New York against Dallas, Philadelphia, and Washington
08-4-2
09-4-2
10-3-3
11-3-3
12-3-3
13..................................................2-4. They split with Washington and Philadelphia but believe this is the year they finally lose in Dallas. And if they do, they will not win week 12 given that Dallas has played better there than at home and off their recent two bye weeks forced the ravens and pats into narrow wins and the giants are not those teams in the regular season especially. But giants playing cowboys week 1 have not had the best luck. They are 0-2 in season opening games against Dallas. Giants have also not been the sharpest in season openers, with their only blowout win coming against the panthers who went on to go 2-14. Their other wins were a 16-7 win against the redskins and a 24-17 win against the redskins. Any other week and they could continue the streak. This week one matchup in where they have had success bites them hard.

So the giants are 4-9 pending the the bears game and the swing games. I think the giants get off to a 0-3 start losing at Carolina and will get the benefit of playing Seattle on the end of back to back road games(the first at SF which will be tough in itself). Thats 5-10. If they lose at Chicago its 5-11 and 6-10 if they win. I see the giants starting out 0-3 then 2-4, then lose two or three of their next four before facing the raiders after the bye. It may be too late then. Giants have been a bit of a entitled team and people ride their bandwagon because of Eli's last name. This team is overrated. And here is your last place team.

Updated in bold

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas 11-5
Philadelphia 7-9
Washington 7-9
New York 6-10

This year Dallas rules the NFC East.

Updated in bold. I am giving giants the win in Chicago but losing at Carolina.