• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing for their jobs now

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with us out of the playoff hunt, the players will for these last two games be playing for their jobs next year. I thought our chances to advance were slim at best, so now these guys better show they belong on the 2020 roster. Lots of room for improvement from just about every sector on the team.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a cluster fuck of the same old problems. It will be years before the stupid shits in the front office find enough talent again to compete.

Fuck these losers.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I wish won't come back:

Chase Daniels
Ha ha Dix
Leonard Floyd
Pineiro
Shaheen

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a cluster fuck of the same old problems. It will be years before the stupid shits in the front office find enough talent again to compete.

Fuck these losers.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I wish won't come back:

Chase Daniels
Ha ha Dix
Leonard Floyd
Pineiro
Shaheen
Except for pineiro, I agree with the whole list. I think pineiro deserves another year. He’s not entirely awful, but he is still young. We can’t afford to have a kicker carousel.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for pineiro, I agree with the whole list. I think pineiro deserves another year. He’s not entirely awful, but he is still young. We can’t afford to have a kicker carousel.
Most of the team will remain. It's not a bad roster, we just shit the season away offensively with Nagy trying to be too cute, Trubisky playing scared and the O line sucking balls.

Here's how i would inventory the team:

QB: Trubisky will get another year most likely. He wasn't bad against Green Bay but he wasn't good either. If he shows up pretty well these last couple games then they'll give him one more year. Keep in mind how much they love Mitch the person. If he was a dick then they might try to move on. Nonetheless, they might try to bring in a competent vet like an Andy Dalton or something.

RB: We're set. Montgomery is a stud, man would i love to see what he looks like behind a competent run scheme. Tarik is obviously used a lot in the passing game. I'm a Nall guy but maybe they bring in another guy. This isn't a position of need at all though, which is nice.

WR: About set. I think if anything, Gabriel has proven to be expendable for the price we're paying him. Draft or sign another speedster for half the money and move on. Robinson/Miller are every-down type guys, Wims is a quality player and Ridley isn't going anywhere as a cheap rookie. Last you have Patterson as a special teams ace.

TE: Major work needed here. I think we've gotten extremely lucky with Holtz and Horsted being capable players but they're not going to scare anyone. Burton and Shaheen need the heave-ho, maybe retain the ones listed above along with Braunecker and spend a high second on a young stud? Definitely need a big first-string talent upgrade here.

OT: Leno has been pretty bad this year compared to last. Massie has fallen flat on his face after getting paid this offseason. We might be stuck with him, but Lucas has been as good or better for far cheaper. We're not going to move on from Leno, and the dude is a model of health. I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade at RT.

OG: Hiestand seems to love Coward considering where he's at in his progression. Daniels has been better at guard since being moved there. We need another solid guy here though for depth if nothing else, i just fear we're not going to be making a big signing or draft pick here.

OC: Whitehair has been better at center, and he was recently extended, so that's settled. Like above though, we need better interior line depth at minimum.

DT: I'm counting Goldman and Williams here. Goldman is here to stay, always solid and unsung. Williams has been as good as we could hope for him to be really.

DE: Hicks being out has exposed the rest of the guys inside here. RRH started hot but faded. Bilal Nichols looks like a shell of his rookie self. The rest aren't even worth mentioning.

OLB: Mack might feel like he has to do everything himself so he hasn't had a lot of flashy plays. Not sure but he hasn't shown up in the statline like he usually does. Floyd started out well but has been invisible for most of the season. Aaron Lynch was considerably worse than he was last year. Outside of Mack, this position needs some work.

ILB: If there's one position we came out of the season a lot better at than we entered, it's this one. Nick Kwiatkowski has been a revelation and probably the only reason the defense hasn't completely fallen apart after losing Trevathan/Smith for stretches, no Hicks in the middle and the D line just not playing nearly as well as last year. He's made Trevathan expendable. Kevin Pierre-Louis has played awfully well too, all things considered.

CB: Skrine was better than Callahan, one of the top corners in the league by the stats. Otherwise, i think the CBs and safeties look worse than last year thanks to the D line not being nearly as effective. I've got no problems here, and if anything, Tolliver looks like a quality player and might make Amukamara expendable.

S: See above with regard to effectiveness. Jackson isn't going anywhere. I think we could just play Deon Bush opposite him rather than needing Clinton-Dix. Could use some depth there.

Special Teams: Patterson/Cohen as returners are top notch. Piniero deserves another season as he was solid and played through that pinched nerve. O'Donnell is good enough.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not slinging mud but I thought all of you guys loved HHCD?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was a great offseason pickup. He was a pleasant surprise this season, and I don't see him going anywhere.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHCD is only on a one-year deal, so if he's going to cost a significant amount, i would rather just go with Deon Bush, who's only played well when called upon. I would be fine with retaining him too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHCD is only on a one-year deal, so if he's going to cost a significant amount, i would rather just go with Deon Bush, who's only played pretty well when called upon.

I get the feeling HHCD wants to be here. Don't know if that's enough to forgo a bigger check, but it can't hurt.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only caveat to all that, is that I believe we need a true Strong Safety, so that Jackson can be moved back to Free Safety.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two second round picks. I would rather we draft a QB with one of those picks than bring in a veteran FA. Even if Mitch figures it out and dominates next year, I think it’s worth it. If he sucks again, I’d rather have a wildcard off the bench than a retread. I doubt bridgewater or Tannehill are available anyway, and I don’t want dalton playing for us.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same sh*t is coming next year with a few small tweaks.

I honestly hope beyond all hope we start on the road vs. some sh*t team.

If NagyMitch start next season at home and put up their umpteenth f*cking worthless non-scoring half in the first half on opening day in Soldier I'm gonna flip my sh*t...much less what the fans will do at the stadium.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If NagyMitch start next season at home and put up their umpteenth f*cking worthless non-scoring half in the first half on opening day in Soldier I'm gonna flip my sh*t...much less what the fans will do at the stadium.
Remember how we didn't give the first team any actual run in the preseason? I wonder how much that might've had to do with our horrible first half of the season. It doesn't make Nagy able to scheme run plays still but maybe Mitch would've figured shit out a little quicker otherwise. Who knows.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 games of football...28 halves. 56 quarters.

12...12! of the halves we didn't score an offensive touchdown.

43% of our HALVES...We didn't score an offensive touchdown.

WTF.

When you break it down by quarter...It's even WORSE.

We watched 56 quarters this year. 37 of them, we did not score an offensive touchdown. 66%. 2 out of 3 QUARTERS we, as fans, have witnessed this season saw our offense do diddly dick squat other than turn it over, side out or kick a field goal.

What a sh*t season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how we didn't give the first team any actual run in the preseason? I wonder how much that might've had to do with our horrible first half of the season. It doesn't make Nagy able to scheme run plays still but maybe Mitch would've figured shit out a little quicker otherwise. Who knows.

Club dub, skipping preseason, the offseason overexaggerated kicker competition by our coaching staff. It all looks foolish as hell at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one side of the ball figured out. We need to address edge rusher opposite of Mack. I would re-sign Kwit and let Trevathan walk. Younger, cheaper, playing well and in his prime. Use the difference in salary to help address O-line.

Really... this team just needs to address a couple O-line spots and TE. I see no reason why they won't be competing again next year. So long as Trubisky is our QB they will be handcuffed offensively with a low ceiling. But with just an average offense. This team would have double digit wins right now. Hell, if Trubisky reaches the "Alex Smith line". They could even make a run.

I would like to see the play-calling delegated through Helfrich. Nagy is good at scheming but his tendencies with in-game play calling often kill him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHCD is a good player. I want him gone tho. I want Jackson back at FS where he can make more splash plays. Dix can't play SS so he needs to go. He played we'll and will now get paid.