• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing Bandon Dunes in 2 weeks

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super excited to play there. Has anyone else played it? I would love to hear any recommendations if you ahve.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super excited to play there. Has anyone else played it? I would love to hear any recommendations if you ahve.

Congrats!

That's bucket list stuff.

I have not played, on my list do so...that said, I've got buddies that have done the BD trip and several of them have also played the Monterey Peninsula incl Pebble...both were great, but BD was the better trip.

IDK if you're playing all of 4 of the 18 holers them or not, but I was told in order, Pacific Dunes, Bandon Dunes, Old MacDonald, Bandon Trails. All are outstanding golf courses.

The biggest tip I got...in the middle of nowhere, several hrs ride from the airport so just relax... be prepared for weather. August shouldn't be bad, but if you ever thought about buying a gortex rain suit, this is the place to have it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!

That's bucket list stuff.

I have not played, on my list do so...that said, I've got buddies that have done the BD trip and several of them have also played the Monterey Peninsula incl Pebble...both were great, but BD was the better trip.

IDK if you're playing all of 4 of the 18 holers them or not, but I was told in order, Pacific Dunes, Bandon Dunes, Old MacDonald, Bandon Trails. All are outstanding golf courses.

The biggest tip I got...in the middle of nowhere, several hrs ride from the airport so just relax... be prepared for weather. August shouldn't be bad, but if you ever thought about buying a gortex rain suit, this is the place to have it.

Yeah I'm really excited to go. Monterrey is definitely on the list but it will probably be a while before I go.

We are playing all 4 and we are playing 36 at Pacific Dunes which #17 on Golf Digest's Top 100. All 4 courses make the top 100.

We are actually flying into North Bend which is pretty close to the resort. From what I've read, and what my family that lives in Oregon tells me, August is a pretty dry month. Anything is possible of course but I don't think we are likely to just get socked in with rain.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm really excited to go. Monterrey is definitely on the list but it will probably be a while before I go.

We are playing all 4 and we are playing 36 at Pacific Dunes which #17 on Golf Digest's Top 100. All 4 courses make the top 100.

We are actually flying into North Bend which is pretty close to the resort. From what I've read, and what my family that lives in Oregon tells me, August is a pretty dry month. Anything is possible of course but I don't think we are likely to just get socked in with rain.

Buddies say they flew into Eugene 3ish hrs, and I think one guy said they flew into Portland...half day drive from there.

Yeah...all 4 are strong courses I'm told, but PD has more of the cliffside ocean views. Have to remember that about August. I have to admit being just a little envious. :D

Enjoy it!

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son played there last year. He loved it, good idea to take a puddle jumper into a small airport nearer the course. It's 4 hours from Portland.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two sons are playing Trump National Bedminster the Friday before Labor Day on their way to our ff draft.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hellava golf venue in bandon…i believe there is 4 courses on that property now. I have played bandon dunes and pacific dunes. of the 2 i just mentioned, pacific is by far my favorite. Bandon in gorgeous as you play along the bluff. Pacific is a hell course full of bunkers, bluff holes and gorse.

i shot a 115 at bandon and 120 on pacific, but in my defense…i played in early december and it was windy as hell and raining cats-n-dogs.

you will enjoy the ride tho….GL2U.