• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you are depending on this year

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is for the players that end up on a lot of your teams. The players you need to do well if you are going to get success from your teams. I'll start off.

Calvin Johnson - I feel like I selected him in half of my drafts. I was picking 6 or later in every draft. If he plays like he can, I think he'll help most of my teams do well. I think his ceiling is 2,000 yards and 15 TDs, which I believe to be much higher than any other wr in the league.

Antonio Brown - I think I'm the only one of my friends who is expecting Big Ben to be throwing a lot this year. That defense isn't great, and I think brown will be the main beneficiary. He keeps falling to me in the fourth, and I think he could be a wr 1 this year.

Montee Ball - I was targeting him in the second in just about every draft and he fell to me. Treff talked me into targeting him a round earlier than I would, but I could see him being a top rb this year.

Ray Rice - I'm not sold on him being broken down like everyone else. He was injured last year and I think Kubiak can make him into a solid rb again. I think his ceiling is a solid rb 1. I took him in the 6th round every time he was available.

Philip Rivers - he's going way too late for being as solid as he is.

Tom Brady - i think he can be great again this year. I'm taking him after wr and rb slots are full and each have a back up.

Mike Evans - Something about his size, speed, and athleticism really makes me think he could breakout in his rookie season. Josh McCown is going to be throwing a lot of jump balls to Evans and Jackson and I really think both will be coming down with a lot. Teams will be focusing on Jackson and Martin leaving Evans open for many jump balls. I think he'll have a huge year.

Kelvin Benjamin - I think he'll be the number one in Carolina and as a last pick you could do a lot worse. I also love me some big Wrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seemed to have drafted Trent Richardson on one of my teams as flex play. Big 5th round risk. I owned him last year and was thoroughly disappointed, which may be the reason others are down on him. But he is a starting RB on a decent Colts team, with minimal threat from those behind him on the depth chart. And while anything is possible, he really has no place else to go but up. (He finished 34th last season.)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been targeting Terrance Williams as my WR3 or WR4 in most of my leagues. Talk about seeing single coverage all day long. Every safety they face will be focused on Dez/Murray.

Expecting a big breakout, even if Romo gets injured. The Weedman won't be special, but will be serviceable behind that O Line, if needed.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice and Benjamin I like too on that list. I also think people are undervaluing Toby Gerhart. Maybe because of the injury prone thing but if this guy stays healthy I can't see where he is not a huge steal.

Also RG3 is dropping and I think it is just panic from a rough preseason. They will get the kinks out. I have a lot of trust in the Gruden QB Camp and you just know Jon Gruden will be looking over little brothers shoulder coaching up the coach.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one I've been targeting heavily is NWE DST - the hoodie is going to get back to his roots and not rely on the offense/Brady since they sputtered out of the gates last season. Doesn't hurt playing against EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, and the Miami O Line for 6 of your games.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been targeting Terrance Williams as my WR3 or WR4 in most of my leagues. Talk about seeing single coverage all day long. Every safety they face will be focused on Dez/Murray.

Expecting a big breakout, even if Romo gets injured. The Weedman won't be special, but will be serviceable behind that O Line, if needed.

:agree: With the pass happy offense of Linehan, I have been looking at Williams as a solid #3 receiver.