• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players who bet on themselves and won. Players who bet on themselves and Lost.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this part.
Not only did he get less money, but he had an entire year of not making any money! bell completely lost.
I'll be honest, I just simply forgot to factor the lost year. That changes things a lot.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kinda hit me.

Nick Foles.

Spends 2 mil. to get opt out of contract with eagles.
went from a back up QB to signing a 4 yr 88 mil deal. (over 50 mil in guarantees)

Cheap ass Eagle organization just after he brought them their only SB Title. Karma

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmit Smith back in the Cowboys run won. Held out and got paid and won rings and a gold jacket. More recently, Zeke has won vs. Jerry too

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am searching for a list of players, who bet on themselves, and won. Guys who were injured, low balled, not given contract offers, etc. Guys who bet on themselves and won. Tell me about it. I know there are alot of them out there.

A guy like Kirk Cousins, say what you want about him. But Kirk bet on himself, he won MASSIVELY getting 84 million guaranteed over 3 years. CRAZY. Also now, gets a two year extension worth 66million.

He definitely won.

Vice Versa guys who bet on themselves and lost, who you got..........like Melvin Gordon
matt flynn never lost, waled away from the nfl with 20 million in his pocket and 7 starts

same with rob johnson won too

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is the best recent example. He negotiated his own contract with SF and it was heavily incentive laden with few guarantees. The media mocked him and called it an example of why players should hire agents. But...Sherman had a good year last year and apparently earned a lot of money due to his contract.

Bell is probably the worst recent example, as others noted.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next guy to lose money

Free agent Jadeveon Clowney has lowered his asking price.
Clowney is asking for around $17 million per year after seeking $20-plus million annually. Re-signing with Seattle remains one of his top options, but the Seahawks may only be willing to pay him between $13-$15 million AAV. The coronavirus pandemic has worked against Clowney, with teams unable to bring him in for a physical. Clowney's best bet may be settling for a one-year, prove-it deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does the Earl Thomas go in the win or lose category?
I was just saying "yes" he could fit in both categories ll
He eventually got his new deal. But broke his leg betting on himself.

so which category do you put him in? Win or lose?

SP puts him in the yes category.
tough, he got a great deal, on a contender, it worked out for him, could he have got more? i actually think he could of......

Antonio Brown bet on his looney self & lost *counting fingers*
Ahh hell ran out of fingers. We will say a lot!
well hes just insance

4 yr 55 mil with 32 guaranteed and to a contender team with Lamar I'd say win
agreed, i think he coulda got more....he was touted as so top notch

I'm assumed he means they won in terms of the payout they got? Because if that's the case I'd put those two as winners even though they flubbed after signing.
CJ2k and haynesworth arent really applicable. Especially CJ2k. These arent guys that werent offered contracts. These were guys thta that teams DIDNT think were worth it. They both got paid, and got paid right away.

If they would of held out, and played well, then got paid, then ok. But they didnt. this is merely listing two random titans players who got a big contract.

Its like saying jared goff bet on himself.......he didnt, he played football, and got signed big,right when he should have. He didnt play well the next year, but he didnt make a wager that coudl backfire........i admit im hazy on haynesworth, but im pretty sure cj2k.

Emmit Smith back in the Cowboys run won. Held out and got paid and won rings and a gold jacket. More recently, Zeke has won vs. Jerry too
yeah how did we forget this one!
next guy to lose money

Clowney is asking for around $17 million per year after seeking $20-plus million annually. Re-signing with Seattle remains one of his top options, but the Seahawks may only be willing to pay him between $13-$15 million AAV. The coronavirus pandemic has worked against Clowney, with teams unable to bring him in for a physical. Clowney's best bet may be settling for a one-year, prove-it deal.

Yeah i saw that the other day , poor clowney.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next guy to lose money

Yeah. Im thinking a lower base 1 year prove it with incentives may be his best option right now. He ain't getting what he thinks he's worth, imo.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB started out with the Jets, won a SB with the Pats.......can't remember his name.

Darrelle Revis - winner

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs, DBs, pass rushers seem to win more than not.

RBs not so much.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kam chancellor

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next guy to lose money

Yeah but his price was too much from the start, if he makes $17M on a one year deal, that is a win as of right now. His real win or lose will be the 2021 season ($$ and if he gets long-term) and that is determined by what he does on the field this upcoming year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but his price was too much from the start, if he makes $17M on a one year deal, that is a win as of right now. His real win or lose will be the 2021 season ($$ and if he gets long-term) and that is determined by what he does on the field this upcoming year.

If I was Clowney I don't do a one year deal. Too risky for him. If he gets injured and misses games it sinks his value, if stays healthy and plays close to last season it gets him what kind of a offer? If he stays healthy and doesn't look impressive his value sinks. Find a deal with the biggest guarantees and sign this season. The cap going up might make it worth the risk of a one year deal, but I'd want the guaranteed money now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Original Hired Gun. Deion Sanders.

In a time everyone was looking for the long ass contracts. Deion kept going with the short term contracts as a hired gun.
Went to the Niners got his ring & turned around & jumped ship to the Cowboys & got another. In the end raped the skins for even more money.

And he wasn't even a full time football player. When he came to the 49ers he was still playing baseball. Not sure when he gave the baseball gig up.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he lost multiple times.
Even when he signed his mega deal, he bet on himself in the contract. Every year they could have cancelled the contract & then did!

His agent should never be allowed to work with NFL players again LOL

I don't think he really bet on himself. If he really wanted to bet on himself he would have agreed to take a pay cut and gone to Denver where he would have had the opportunity to play on a better team with established coaching. Instead he chose to stay in San Francisco for more money. After that contract there was no one giving him a lucrative long term deal.