• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players are not coached right

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a little league team last night i know its just preseason but damn..

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I ever remember Jay's teams looking good in preseason. He is very vanilla.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not getting worked up about it , gruden knows what he needs to do or he is gone

and i dont care how awful they looked its game one and now they have a base line to work with

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coaches point was, every other team with new QB's who had their first game action last night faired rather well. Our QB's did not. Play looked bad, execution looked bad and quite frankly, the Browns looked way more enthused than our squad. Then again, a Gruden coached team rarely looks ready to play.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coaches point was, every other team with new QB's who had their first game action last night faired rather well. Our QB's did not. Play looked bad, execution looked bad and quite frankly, the Browns looked way more enthused than our squad. Then again, a Gruden coached team rarely looks ready to play.

Lol. Game 1 of preseason & those other QBs basically looked good for 1 series. Are you serious? Do any of you guys actually understand the NFL?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and i say the went in there with training wheels while haskins drove the ball downfield early and often

i liked how he took the deep route as opposed to the CDC dump off on his first pass

once haskins learns the game , that arm will be the difference maker and he will be a good qb for sure

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I ever remember Jay's teams looking good in preseason. He is very vanilla.
This is true. What is also true is that Jay’s teams tend to start off slow once the season begins. Coincidence?

I like Jay and he seems like a great guy to have a beer with. Maybe that’s the problem.....he may need a bit more of his brother’s attitude. Jon is coaching to win championships, not make more friends.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Game 1 of preseason & those other QBs basically looked good for 1 series. Are you serious? Do any of you guys actually understand the NFL?
I think you are missing his larger point, and he is correct. Quite often, This team has been unprepared to play under Jay. Honestly, it seemed that way again last night.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are missing his larger point, and he is correct. Quite often, This team has been unprepared to play under Jay. Honestly, it seemed that way again last night.
They didn’t game plan the Browns , so yeah they were not prepared . Now I won’t argue we have started seasons( most of them ) that this team didn’t look like it’s was ready to play football . It had better change or he will be gone . Let’s hope he succeeds

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t game plan the Browns , so yeah they were not prepared . Now I won’t argue we have started seasons( most of them ) that this team didn’t look like it’s was ready to play football . It had better change or he will be gone . Let’s hope he succeeds
Yeah, this is his make or break year. It kinda sucks for him. He really doesn’t have the team he wants, especially on offense. But he is going to have to make do or he will be gone.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Kitchens game planned sort of like Spurrier did some years back. Sort of I'm the new HC and look what I can do. Jay came in very vanilla and with a very poor offensive line.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i say the went in there with training wheels while haskins drove the ball downfield early and often

i liked how he took the deep route as opposed to the CDC dump off on his first pass

once haskins learns the game , that arm will be the difference maker and he will be a good qb for sure
Agreed, he has tools the others do not.

Laconic37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping our o-line would show a little something. I know the Redskins were starting 2nd-3rd stringers but I expected more because you always hear how grest Callahan is but maybe he's getting overrated. Maybe that new sled dummy he created will help out this year

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually last season they started off the season very well. They crashed & burned later in the season but that was due to injuries & lack of talent.

I am not a huge Gruden fan, but I don't believe that he is the main problem (if there is a huge problem). IMO - clock mgmt. is his biggest issue. As for Fri nt - meh - you are talking about predominately backups on both sides of the ball for most of the game. It is somewhat of an issue but not much. We will get a much clearer picture during the next 2 preseason games.

I am not saying that Gruden or the team is perfect - just to give this a little more time before jumping to conclusions.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping our o-line would show a little something. I know the Redskins were starting 2nd-3rd stringers but I expected more because you always hear how grest Callahan is but maybe he's getting overrated. Maybe that new sled dummy he created will help out this year

Judge Callahan on how he fares during the regular season - not on week 1 of preseason. Honestly being able to do anything on offense late last season with 4th/5th stringers was actually an accomplishment.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season was an anomaly for Gruden with the good start. But more telling are how his teams have done on the national spotlight. They have been consistently flat on nationally televised games. That may be putting it too mildly. His clock management is an issue, but so is his ability to get his teams to rise up when needed. I like the guy, also, and agree he is probably not the main problem, but some aspects of his managerial capabilities are not up to snuff.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season was an anomaly for Gruden with the good start. But more telling are how his teams have done on the national spotlight. They have been consistently flat on nationally televised games. That may be putting it too mildly. His clock management is an issue, but so is his ability to get his teams to rise up when needed. I like the guy, also, and agree he is probably not the main problem, but some aspects of his managerial capabilities are not up to snuff.

I agree with that. He is obviously in a make or break situation this season. We will see.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden is between a rock and a hard place to save his job so he knows he must put the best team chemistry he can muster on the field to win NOW. He is the heavy favorite to become the first head coach to be fired in 2019 and here are the top five:

Jay Gruden - Redskins +300
Pat Shurmur - Giants +700
Matt Patricia - Lions +1000
Bill O'Brien - Texans +1200
Dan Quinn - Falcons +1200

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden is between a rock and a hard place to save his job so he knows he must put the best team chemistry he can muster on the field to win NOW. He is the heavy favorite to become the first head coach to be fired in 2019 and here are the top five:

Jay Gruden - Redskins +300
Pat Shurmur - Giants +700
Matt Patricia - Lions +1000
Bill O'Brien - Texans +1200
Dan Quinn - Falcons +1200
Yeah, he has the odds stacked against him. The only way I can see that he stays without making the playoffs this year is if Haskins shows great leaps forward and starts to master the playbook. I can see where the FO might not want to rock the boat and make Haskins learn another offense again. It could be a significant set back for Haskins and the team.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he has the odds stacked against him. The only way I can see that he stays without making the playoffs this year is if Haskins shows great leaps forward and starts to master the playbook. I can see where the FO might not want to rock the boat and make Haskins learn another offense again. It could be a significant set back for Haskins and the team.

Well said!