• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play of OL key to win over KSU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I am not the first to point this out. There have been a few articles touching on the importance of the OL play this week.

I think the week off will make a huge difference in their performance tonight. One of the early season bright spots for me was the play of the OL. Their blocking in both the passing game and running game, allowed the offense to create some huge numbers and high national rankings.

But, there has been no rotation of players to give the big boys any breaks throughout the season. The 5 hogs have played 900 snaps to date… to include one of the most brutal 6 weeks of football in WVU history.

All of us have seen a change in the offense the past few games. There are any number of reasons one can point to explain why this has happened. Defenses like TCU and UT are using zone coverage, they are staying with a 2 deep safety look… thus denying the long routes of White… they are going light in the box… tempting WVU to beat them with their running game.

At the same time, the OL has become vulnerable to poor execution. Pass blocking has really diminished. Multiple sacks in the Texas game, multiple hurries in the TCU game. Getting to the QB with just 4 down linemen…

We've seen Clint get antsy in the pocket… not trusting it like earlier in the season. Some of that falls on his fragile psyche, some falls on getting rocked any number of times by 300 lb linemen…

If the WVU OL returns to form tonight, I think WVU has an excellent chance of giving the seniors one last chance to sing Country Roads in front of their student section…

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, they will be looking better. The first thing I'll look for is how much tape is on Spain's leg. I think that this whole unit has really been beaten up this year.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second key to the game will be the WVU rush defense.

I don't really know much about the KSU offensive line. Don't know their size and strength. Their rushing attack is not ranked very high…. currently #74 with a 153.7 yd/gm average. In their beatdown against TCU, the running game for KSU totaled 34 yds.

I think WVU has to do the same. Make KSU one dimensional… like the defense did in the BU game. Then blitz the hell out of Waters and disrupt his timing with his receivers.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A third key to the game is keeping Lockett from making any big plays on ST. The kid is something special as a kick returner of both punts and KO's.

OK… that should be it…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger that, if the offense, defense and STs play great, we win.:lol:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we force waters to throw I think we will be in good shape, get up on them early and get up a lot and we should be fine...Another thing is we have to hit him and hit him good when we have the chance.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I could check… but, WVU has come out pretty fast in every game minus Texas. Would be great to see a fast start again tonight.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say turnover battle is the key..........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say turnover battle is the key..........

Doesn't seem like it has been for us this year...I would have to go back and check the numbers.