• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitta out for the year

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitta carted off

If he turns out to be seriously injured, then I think this puts a big blow in the Ravens chances of making it back to the playoffs

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya that kills that Ravens offense, especially since they lost Boldin this offseason.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ravens will be lucky to make the playoffs if he's done for the season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Ravens will be lucky to make the playoffs if he's done for the season.

They have the best GM in the business running things. If Pitta's lost for the season, I'm pretty sure Ozzie will make a move to somehow make up for the loss.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the best GM in the business running things. If Pitta's lost for the season, I'm pretty sure Ozzie will make a move to somehow make up for the loss.

At this point in the offseason, that's a bit harder to do. Worst case scenario and he's done for the year, the best remaining FA TE is Dallas Clark, and he's no Pitta

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best GM is easily Jerry Jones..........................................

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out it's a dislocated hip and he'll miss at least the opener.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out it's a dislocated hip and he'll miss at least the opener.

Depending on the type of dislocation, it could take 3 months to get him working out normally. Being ready to play football would be a bigger hurdle. There is sometimes permanent damage. I don't know how far technology has gotten with this pro athlete recovery but I suspect it would a long time before anybody would want to get hit by a safety. Let's just hope he gets a full recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the type of dislocation, it could take 3 months to get him working out normally. Being ready to play football would be a bigger hurdle. There is sometimes permanent damage. I don't know how far technology has gotten with this pro athlete recovery but I suspect it would a long time before anybody would want to get hit by a safety. Let's just hope he gets a full recovery.

Like you said depending on the severity and type this could be a big injury to the Ravens. The fact that they already know he is out for over a month should show it wasn't just a slight dislocation. My guess is he will be out at least the first month of the season.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see the Ravens have any excuses when they lose a game on the 5th that they will absolutely positively lose no matter who they have or dont have playing

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see the Ravens have any excuses when they lose a game on the 5th that they will absolutely positively lose no matter who they have or dont have playing

I don't hate the Ravens or the Broncos but it will be nice to get the Ravens "chest-thumping" quieted down a notch.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I was targeting him as my TE in fantasy. Thought he was going to have great year since Boldin is gone.

Atlfalcons08

Super Bowl MVP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m
Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is expected to be out for the year with a dislocated hip, per ESPN source.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Last edited by a moderator:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitta is out for the season according to ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...-pitta-done-season-dislocated-hip-source-says

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta is undergoing surgery and will miss the entire 2013 season after dislocating his hip in practice Saturday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The injury occurred when Pitta collided with safety James Ihedigbo in the back of the end zone vying for a pass from Joe Flacco. Pitta lay prone for several minutes before being carted off the field.

The Super Bowl champions begin defense of their title on the road against the Broncos on Sept. 5.

Pitta was preparing for his fourth season with Baltimore. The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder caught 61 passes for 669 yards and seven touchdowns last season.

In the playoffs, Pitta had 14 catches for 163 yards and three scores.

With Pitta gone, the Ravens are without two of their most productive receivers last year. Pitta's 61 catches were tied for second with Ray Rice behind Anquan Boldin, who was traded to San Francisco during the offseason.

"Obviously, he was a very, very productive guy for us," Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell said of Pitta. "He made a lot of big plays last year. We'll see what happens. But somebody is going to have to step up. We do have some capable guys all across the flanks. We do have some weapons. We're just going to have to have some guys make some plays for us."

With the Ravens looking for a replacement, an NFL source told ESPN that one option is former Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe.

"The ball is in his court right now. It's his decision to make," the source said.

The Ravens were reportedly considering signing Shiancoe even before the injury to Pitta. Shiancoe played in just four games last season with the Patriots, and did not have any catches.

In his first three NFL seasons, Pitta has 102 receptions for 1,075 yards and 10 touchdowns over 43 regular-season games.

Information from ESPN's Josina Anderson and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to SportsHoopla.
original.gif

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so it begins.

(that sucks)

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Ravens fans. I hope he recovers speedily. I heard a piece on him on the radio and he sounds like a great guy.