• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pitching

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its clear we need to add a 1 to the rotation. Wood is probably the best arm on our staff and he really should be a 2 or even 3. Would like to see us add Keuchel or Kluber, hopefully without mortgaging those key prospects. Would need to have a club friendly contract for me to get on board otherwise.

1. TBD
2. Wood
3. Roark
4. Castillo
5. DeSclafani

JMO

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lot of shaky going on there... I wince at Wood's throwing motion on every pitch. Roark has gotten tattooed even in big parks fairly regularly. Not sure which pitcher of last year Castillo really is, and I've never thought of DeSclafani as more than a bad karaoke version of Mike Leake. Mahle might turn out to be a better choice. Keutchel is a higher dollar version of the same breed, guys that have to locate a BP arm into bottom and edges of the strikezone to have a chance. I think Kluber is going to require 2-3 of the best draft pieces we've invested this "rebuild" on, as probably would Keutchel, or any other recognizable name out there.

The bullpen IMO, is decidedly thinner yet. Lots of guys showed flashes, but I'm confident in no one but Igelsias among them.

BTW, for all the names currently listed as OF, none are centerfielders. Trammell may be a year away with the sudden logjam of money jogging around there now. Maybe Peraza and /or Senzel start playing some OF ?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say you hit your way to the WS and pitch your way through it.
The questions about the current pitching are the same ones we had in August.
If they squander the bank on rental arms just to appease the fans, we ain't that stupid.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta win 95. That's 25 games more than the Reds have sniffed in half a decade. Not sure they could have done that adding Scherzer and ANY top closer. Wood and Roark ? With this bullpen ? 81 wins would be a more realistic reach.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Adleman is back. Says he's sorry he couldn't get the N. Koreans to quit the nukes and promises he won't give up any bombs this year.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez...at some point players just need to not feed media guys looking to start sh*t.

Sonny Gray venting on his bad season with the Yankees, blaming it on them asking him to throw too many sliders in the zone. Hoping reunion with his old Vandy coach is going to turn it around...but currently, he has a sore arm.

It never plays well, and looks like an excuse. Baseball is a business, just turn the page, dude.

link bellow:
Sonny Gray rips Yankees for forcing him to throw the wrong breaking ball, but the stats disagree

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think airing one's gripes with the New York media is always a stupid idea.