• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitching rotation

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys - If we are in a tight race at the end of the year or make the playoffs and go to a 4-man rotation...

Who is the odd man out?
What would your 1-4 order be if you had to set the pitching rotation for a 7-game playoff series?
Or would you possibly keep a 5-man rotation late in the year and/or a playoff series to keep everyone fresh?

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an odd man out, it should be Gio. He's so wild and has a short temper, hard to trust him.

The order would depend on if the Nats have home field advantage or not. If they do: 1. Fister 2. Stras 3. Zim 4. Roark. If they start on the road, switch Zim and Stras. Strasburg has to make his start at Nats Park. His home/road splits are crazy: 7-2 with a 2.41 ERA at home, 1-7 with a 4.68 ERA on the road.

This is just my opinion. There's zero doubt in my mind the Nats will start Strasburg in game 1.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an odd man out, it should be Gio. He's so wild and has a short temper, hard to trust him.

The order would depend on if the Nats have home field advantage or not. If they do: 1. Fister 2. Stras 3. Zim 4. Roark. If they start on the road, switch Zim and Stras. Strasburg has to make his start at Nats Park. His home/road splits are crazy: 7-2 with a 2.41 ERA at home, 1-7 with a 4.68 ERA on the road.

This is just my opinion. There's zero doubt in my mind the Nats will start Strasburg in game 1.

My opinion is pretty much exactly the same. Except if we start on the road, I'd leave Strasburg further back in the rotation for the first start at home. BUT... I think you're right they probably won't.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gio would be the odd man out, I agree.

Depending on where we play my 1 is Zimm and my 2 is Stras. I love what Fister and Roark have done this year but I want Zimm and/or Stras getting my extra starts. I know the h/r split is bad for Strasburg but I just want those two getting the game 4/5/6/7 if it comes to that.