• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pistons trade idea

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit gets
Lee, Barnes

Golden State gets
Jennings, Monroe, Datome

Just thinking outside the box a little on this one. I see Jennings as a future bench gunner in the vein of Jason Terry who can ballhandle & set up teammates somewhat; he would have to be open to a vastly reduced role for this to work & probably would not be on the court w/Curry much at the same time. I figure he's a hollywood kind of guy, the bay area gets him a lot closer to home than the upper midwest. The trouble with this is Detroit's PG problem remains unsolved & Lee would clog possible cap room for next summer where they'd have an option of addressing it in free agency. I kind of like the thought of flipping Monroe for Barnes for both teams.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit gets
Lee, Barnes

Golden State gets
Jennings, Monroe, Datome

Just thinking outside the box a little on this one. I see Jennings as a future bench gunner in the vein of Jason Terry who can ballhandle & set up teammates somewhat; he would have to be open to a vastly reduced role for this to work & probably would not be on the court w/Curry much at the same time. I figure he's a hollywood kind of guy, the bay area gets him a lot closer to home than the upper midwest. The trouble with this is Detroit's PG problem remains unsolved & Lee would clog possible cap room for next summer where they'd have an option of addressing it in free agency. I kind of like the thought of flipping Monroe for Barnes for both teams.

Yeah, WAAAAYYY out the box.
:noidea:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puff Puff give, I don't know what you had in your coffee this am, but pass it down south to CA for me.

Jennings is and always will be an undersized 2 guard who shoots too much for his own good. MIL learned this the hard way, now DET is learning this the hard way too.

I'm guessing DET can't keep Monroe, Drummond and Smith together, giving JSmoove a fat deal wasn't the brightest thing to do. That team is going to struggle for another 3-4 years.

D.Lee = WCW , Double Double machine, leads the league in points in the paint, shooting a higher % than most big men this year aswell. Most Dub fans will say his defense is lacking, but he more than makes up for it on the other end. It will take a better deal than that for LaGruberMyers to let go of this first big signing.

HB may need a change to soar again. His looks and minutes have been cut this year, and he just hasn't found the same rhythem he had last year. There's still a lot of basketball left in his legs, I wouldn't give up on him yet either.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puff Puff give, I don't know what you had in your coffee this am, but pass it down south to CA for me.

Jennings is and always will be an undersized 2 guard who shoots too much for his own good. MIL learned this the hard way, now DET is learning this the hard way too.

I'm guessing DET can't keep Monroe, Drummond and Smith together, giving JSmoove a fat deal wasn't the brightest thing to do. That team is going to struggle for another 3-4 years.

D.Lee = WCW , Double Double machine, leads the league in points in the paint, shooting a higher % than most big men this year aswell. Most Dub fans will say his defense is lacking, but he more than makes up for it on the other end. It will take a better deal than that for LaGruberMyers to let go of this first big signing.

HB may need a change to soar again. His looks and minutes have been cut this year, and he just hasn't found the same rhythem he had last year. There's still a lot of basketball left in his legs, I wouldn't give up on him yet either.

Depends...right now, sure. Other times, he is a net negative. Iggys presence in the lineup seems to determine if we get Avi or David.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit gets
Lee, Barnes

Golden State gets
Jennings, Monroe, Datome

A more viable trade "outside the box" of course from a Wiz fan would be:

Detroit Gets: Porter, Vesley & next years 1st round
Washington Gets: Monroe

This will allow Detroit to solve the PG problems via FA or the draft next off season. Porter will improve once he is fully healthy and Vesley has yet to reach his potential as a 6'11 guy who can run the floor. Nice option off the bench.

This will allow WASH to pair Monroe with Wall and Beal as the new big 3 for years to come.

This is my wish!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A more viable trade "outside the box" of course from a Wiz fan would be:

Detroit Gets: Porter, Vesley & next years 1st round
Washington Gets: Monroe

This will allow Detroit to solve the PG problems via FA or the draft next off season. Porter will improve once he is fully healthy and Vesley has yet to reach his potential as a 6'11 guy who can run the floor. Nice option off the bench.

This will allow WASH to pair Monroe with Wall and Beal as the new big 3 for years to come.

This is my wish!

That deal is better for both teams. Well, all 3, actually because the Warriors benefit from staying out of it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the pistons make that trade? Pretty much a swap of PF's.....monroe is younger......so barnes for jennings and datome? Um yeah right.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the pistons make that trade? Pretty much a swap of PF's.....monroe is younger......so barnes for jennings and datome? Um yeah right.

I think you're right but for the reversed reasons. If the Warriors offered Barnes for Jennings and Datome, the Pistons would have the paper work would be on Stern's desk before our GM hung up the phone. On the other hand, Monroe is much younger with better upside. They could get a much better haul than a swap for an older, similar PF.