• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick up Brandin Cooks?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's finished as a top 10 WR each week since O'Brien got fired. Only 2 games sample size, though. If I pick him up, who do I drop? There are 2 IR spots where I have Goedert and Coleman chilling. When Mostert is ruled out (which is inevitable), I can put him in one of my IR spots, and I'll probably drop Goedert.

Screenshot_251.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Gio for Cooks if you're really in need of a flex WR, but I personally would be totally fine rolling with Boyd as my flex WR, Cincy passing a TON right now, and not sure that D will change that game plan anytime soon

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Gio for Cooks if you're really in need of a flex WR, but I personally would be totally fine rolling with Boyd as my flex WR, Cincy passing a TON right now, and not sure that D will change that game plan anytime soon

My hope is that Cooks could be a WR2 ROS. I'm only holding onto Gio in case Mixon misses time. Hopefully, we know soon enough what the deal is with Mixon. Or maybe I'll have the option of putting Mostert on IR.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that Cooks could be a WR2 ROS. I'm only holding onto Gio in case Mixon misses time. Hopefully, we know soon enough what the deal is with Mixon. Or maybe I'll have the option of putting Mostert on IR.
WR2 ROS? Idk about that
Worthy of a pickup and a stash? Sure

I guess you can go either way with dropping Gio or not for Cooks

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR2 ROS? Idk about that
Worthy of a pickup and a stash? Sure

I guess you can go either way with dropping Gio or not for Cooks

Do you think it's odd that there isn't more information about Mixon? When someone has an injury on Sunday, don't they usually do the diagnostic stuff (MRI and whatnot) on Monday, and then the coach makes an announcement on Monday afternoon or Tuesday regarding the results?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it's odd that there isn't more information about Mixon? When someone has an injury on Sunday, don't they usually do the diagnostic stuff (MRI and whatnot) on Monday, and then the coach makes an announcement on Monday afternoon or Tuesday regarding the results?
Wait wat :shocked:
*A current Mixon owner just now looking into said injury

Edit: Maybe Mixon misses a week but they're would be more news if it was something serious by this point I would think

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Mixon (foot) did not practice Wednesday.​

Mixon injured his foot last week against the Colts in the first half but was able to return after the intermission. Maybe the Bengals are erring more on the side of caution with the DNP Wednesday, but this will definitely be something to monitor Thursday and Friday headed into the weekend.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's finished as a top 10 WR each week since O'Brien got fired. Only 2 games sample size, though. If I pick him up, who do I drop? There are 2 IR spots where I have Goedert and Coleman chilling. When Mostert is ruled out (which is inevitable), I can put him in one of my IR spots, and I'll probably drop Goedert.

View attachment 256407
You have too many RBs and not enough WRs. I'd drop either Murray, Bernard or Dobbins for Cooks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have too many RBs and not enough WRs. I'd drop either Murray, Bernard or Dobbins for Cooks.

I just have a lot more faith in my WR's staying healthy. The defenseless receiver rule helps them, and also the fact that they typically aren't getting wrestled down by defensive lineman like RB's have to deal with. And with Mostert injured, the return of Chubb on the horizon, and the ever present possibility of Kamara getting injured, my RB picture could become really bad. I feel like I can't drop Murray. My hope is that the Dobbins era starts after the bye (not likely, I know). Once I hear that Mixon is fine, I'm dropping Bernard.

You could actually get by with only rostering 3 WR's (as long as they all have different bye weeks or are past their byes), but I'll stick with my four because I feel that Boyd and Lamb are too good to drop.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a lot more faith in my WR's staying healthy. The defenseless receiver rule helps them, and also the fact that they typically aren't getting wrestled down by defensive lineman like RB's have to deal with. And with Mostert injured, the return of Chubb on the horizon, and the ever present possibility of Kamara getting injured, my RB picture could become really bad. I feel like I can't drop Murray. My hope is that the Dobbins era starts after the bye (not likely, I know). Once I hear that Mixon is fine, I'm dropping Bernard.

You could actually get by with only rostering 3 WR's (as long as they all have different bye weeks or are past their byes), but I'll stick with my four because I feel that Boyd and Lamb are too good to drop.
Cooks is a good pick up, he scored 52 points total in 2 games since they fired O'Brien. below is my team.
starter.jpgbench.jpg

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks is a good pick up, he scored 52 points total in 2 games since they fired O'Brien. below is my team.
View attachment 256463View attachment 256465

Yeah, I agree that he's a good pickup. I just want to play the speculation game with RB's a little longer because Mostert is hurt. Also, I'm not sure that Cooks improves my starting lineup since I wouldn't put him over AROB and Ridley at WR, and I think that Boyd, Lamb, and Swift are good FLEX options. Having Cooks on my bench could be good, though.

I like your team. Are you carrying the Browns because they face the Jets and Giants in Weeks 15 and 16? The Browns seem like a great defense for the fantasy playoffs. I don't think I would roster Jimmy G, Jeudy, or Ingram.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree that he's a good pickup. I just want to play the speculation game with RB's a little longer because Mostert is hurt. Also, I'm not sure that Cooks improves my starting lineup since I wouldn't put him over AROB and Ridley at WR, and I think that Boyd, Lamb, and Swift are good FLEX options. Having Cooks on my bench could be good, though.

I like your team. Are you carrying the Browns because they face the Jets and Giants in Weeks 15 and 16? The Browns seem like a great defense for the fantasy playoffs. I don't think I would roster Jimmy G, Jeudy, or Ingram.
I drop / add my defense just about every other week depending on the match up. I don't really have a go to RB, all of mine are from middle of the road to below average.