• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 2

Pitt Browns Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a little help here. I keep going back and forth with my lineup for this week. It's a standard league and I need to start 2 RB's, 2 wr's, and a flex. At the moment, those positions look like this.

RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Shane Vereen
WR -Josh Gordon
WR - Alshon Jeffrey
FLEX - Larry Fitzgerald

Here's the issue, I have other players that I keep thinking about putting in based on matchup and workload. I'm definitely sticking with McCoy and Gordon. Almost certainly Jeffrey. So I have 2 spots and 6 players. Need at least one RB. Out of the following 6, which 2 would you choose. Would love to hear your reasonings.

Shane Vereen
Andre Brown
Steven Jackson
Ben Tate
Desean Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald

Thanks in advance!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vereen is for sure IMO and I think Tate has a bounce back game as far as RB's..........with that said I would think that 2nd spot has to go to Fitz or DJax and I'm betting DJax has a good game this week. So for me, Vereen and DJax. Nice problem to have this late in the season IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think that Vereen is the every week starter that some are making him out to be. He is NE's passing game RB, but they may decide to run it down Miami's throats this week with Blount, Ridley and Bolden. Tough call there.

I would not start Brown, but I would consider SJax against the Redskins. He has a great chance to score, maybe more than once.

As for DJax vs. Fitz, I think they are both really good and I agree that you have to play Gordon and Jeffrey.

I think DJax has the better match-up so I would lean towards him slightly. This decision would be a no brainer if there were any weather concerns in Tennessee Sunday.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're thinking too much on Vereen, tlance. Bottom line, he's Bill's favorite back and he's gonna get 20 targets. The Pats will run, yes, but they'll do what they always do too, and that's dink and dunk.

I'd switch DJax and Fitz, if I were you (OP), and take it from there... although SJax against a porous Skins' defense is nice too. Tough call.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffery vs CLE's other CB?? that's a lock for me, every day of the week, especially since Jeffery-McCown is looking to be the equivalent of Marshall-Cutler. Also, CLE has been getting scored on like no body's business lately. They are averaging 31.75 pts against since coming off their bye in week 10.

I think I'd start SJax in your RB2 spot, mainly because WAS D is non-existent right now. If you were in a PPR, I'd say Vereen all day for your flex, but since this is standard, you need the GL carries at that position. Although the combo of T-hill playing well recently and NWE's D getting worse and worse, Brady could be forced to throw a ton in the 2nd half again this week, so that's a really tough call.

For Flex, I like Fitz v TEN over the rest. But I usually try to nail a consistent producer down for the playoffs, even if that means sacrificing some boom to prevent the bust. ARZ v TEN should be a decent battle, and Palmer will need Fitz if they are going to keep their playoff hopes alive.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice problem to have this late in the season IMO.

not really... rather have been able to package some for upgrades, and with those potential packages, the upgrades coming back would be very real and no brainers.... but hard to fuss about a very nice team.

Pitt Browns Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the opinions. You all seem to be in the same mindset as me. With gronk going down, I think vereen is Brady's most reliable target. I hate to start a rb knowing that his production is dependant on his receptions and not carries but his reliability is undeniable. SJax has a great matchup against Washington. I like DJax matchup but I view him as boom or bust. I expect boom but don't think I can risk the bust. You can't argue Fitz' production over these past few weeks. I guess it will all come down to game time and my gut feeling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns Fan,

What do you think of Brian Hoyer? I know the talk is about the Browns drafting a QB, but do you think Hoyer is good enough to be a starter? I was really impressed with his all too short run and I think he is a great fit with the passing game weapons that the Browns already have.

Pitt Browns Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what he was able to bring to the team. Not a franchise quarterback by any means but was an accurate, efficient game manager. That's all you really need in Norv Turner's system. I believe draft picks could be better used somewhere else, especially with the 2 first rounders they have after the Richardson trade.