• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly is going to fuck around and screw themselves

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen where they reference the Stafford trade as a comparison to what they want. From which side? Right now, it looks like Wentz is closer to Goff than Stafford...
Hes not as good as either right now

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have him above what Philip Rivers was last year so I think he should have some trade interest. I think the reluctance here from many teams is that we're looking at a draft where teams might see 4 or 5 QB prospects that they're okay with moving forward. That is going to cool the market a bit.
Except Rivers was a FA and a team would have to trade to acquire Carr.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Rivers was a FA and a team would have to trade to acquire Carr.
Agreed. Carr is younger, too. I'm just reminded of how decent the Colts were this year even though Rivers was on his last legs. Carr has to be worth something to the Colts.

I'd put Carr right below Kirk Cousins in terms of QBs that the Colts should be going after. Not franchise QBs but probably better than any other scenario for the Colts at this point.

Whats Carr worth to a team like the Patriots? Not a whole lot. The Pats receiver situation is a dumpster fire and they have to fix that before trying to compete.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carr is happy to play on his current contract for another team then he has significant trade value, (maybe 1st round #12 pick). I suspect he'd want a new deal which would push the trade value down a little. This is not to say that other teams have interest in Carr. There ought to be a reason the Raiders are trying to create interest, but I can't see what their endgame is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is over playing his hand. No one is giving up what he's looking for but if he can get a second rounder he needs to pull the trigger on that.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mall3013 i see you rated the op boring ir whatever. As a wentz supporter, whats your take.
I'm just not buying the whole thing of Howie being too cute about the Wentz situation, therefore, his statement of being too cute and winning stupid prizes doesn't make sense to me. I probably criticize Howie more than a lot of Eagles fan on this board, but I will say when it comes to dealing players, he has a pretty decent track record. Honestly, I think Wentz will be dealt eventually before his bonus kicks in. However, I highly doubt he's getting anything close to what the reports are showing?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not buying the whole thing of Howie being too cute about the Wentz situation, therefore, his statement of being too cute and winning stupid prizes doesn't make sense to me. I probably criticize Howie more than a lot of Eagles fan on this board, but I will say when it comes to dealing players, he has a pretty decent track record. Honestly, I think Wentz will be dealt eventually before his bonus kicks in. However, I highly doubt he's getting anything close to what the reports are showing?
I always see your posts as the most grounded of all philly fans here and this one continues to prove that point

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious, because i dont know, what are some of his trades?

always see your posts as the most grounded of all philly fans here and this one continues to prove that point
absolutely, @mall3013 is legit grounded and a good poster imho

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious, because i dont know, what are some of his trades?

absolutely, @mall3013 is legit grounded and a good poster imho
some trades just from the top of my head were unloading Sam Bradford, trading for Darren Sproles, unloading Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso, and cutting ties with Donovan McNabb. And almost forgot about the trade of Kevin Kolb.
he likes to wheel and deal during the draft as well. Now the part I really don't like Howie as a GM is the amount of power he is given by ownership. My fear is well credible coaches won't want to come to Philly knowing Howie has final say on personnel decisions. This leads me into believing Howie is the guy making the decisions on the draft. The Eagles have failed miserably reaching for players. It's like beating a dead horse here. Everybody outside can see this.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, yes, Philly needs to fire Howie Roseman but apparently won't.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of time.20210211_075356.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some trades just from the top of my head were unloading Sam Bradford, trading for Darren Sproles, unloading Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso, and cutting ties with Donovan McNabb. And almost forgot about the trade of Kevin Kolb.
he likes to wheel and deal during the draft as well. Now the part I really don't like Howie as a GM is the amount of power he is given by ownership. My fear is well credible coaches won't want to come to Philly knowing Howie has final say on personnel decisions. This leads me into believing Howie is the guy making the decisions on the draft. The Eagles have failed miserably reaching for players. It's like beating a dead horse here. Everybody outside can see this.
Good info, definitely some solid roster moves there. Appreciate the education

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because the rumor is Foles goes along with the first for Wentz. That would improve the Bears team.

So yes, no more Trubisky and Foles for a Wentz would be an improvement.

...if Wentz can recapture his upside. If he continues to play like he did this year, he's a wash vs Trubisky IMO, and a net loss vs Trubisky and a 1st.

Foles needs the perfect scenario to be worth anything. Without Pederson or Reich in Philly, bring him back is going to be disappointing (although he would be the backup at this point).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have him above what Philip Rivers was last year so I think he should have some trade interest. I think the reluctance here from many teams is that we're looking at a draft where teams might see 4 or 5 QB prospects that they're okay with moving forward. That is going to cool the market a bit.

He may need a reliable TE to feel comfortable in any transition, as he certainly benefited from Waller's emergence the past two years.

Thing is, who is Vegas going to target to replace him?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may need a reliable TE to feel comfortable in any transition, as he certainly benefited from Waller's emergence the past two years.

Thing is, who is Vegas going to target to replace him?
The whole thing seems a bit weird to me. There was a point in time this season where the Raiders were #1 in 3rd down offense this year. Meanwhile, you have Mayock making hot takes in the draft and not really being able to put together a defense. Heck, they could've drafted Devin White and Tristan Wirfs and those guys have rings now.

I'm not sure Vegas knows what they doing

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want so much for Wentz.....

Well, other teams can pry Darnold away for the Jets for a 1st, maybe just a 2nd rounder.....

Raiders are getting calls on Carr and Mariota.

The Vikings are getting calls on Cousins.....

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
The Eagles have become the laughingstock of the NFL, nothing but the butt of all jokes. No one has fallen this hard this fast and to this depth since Rudy Giuliani...