• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies vs Marlins series Thread.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one of the things that Joe is going to have make these dildoes clearly understand is that in order to win a championship, ya have to have desire and heart to want it bad enough to not quit at the worst time of the year. Losing two straight to the Phins was just unacceptable. These didloes are so used to being dildoes, they are going to have to go through some serious discipline to be taught to NOT be dildoes. Good luck Joe!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one of the things that Joe is going to have make these dildoes clearly understand is that in order to win a championship, ya have to have desire and heart to want it bad enough to not quit at the worst time of the year. Losing two straight to the Phins was just unacceptable. These didloes are so used to being dildoes, they are going to have to go through some serious discipline to be taught to NOT be dildoes. Good luck Joe!!

They couldn’t do much with Sixto even if they wanted to win. And they do want to win. They just don’t have the pitching skills to win consistently and I can’t figure out how they can get shut down so easily considering the names and salaries on the team.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoskins is hurt. going to DL. Raphael Marchan is called up. Marchan to catch as backup. HE has zero homeruns in the minors with over 700 at bats. He does have a good arm though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players over the years have the Phillies by-passed that were pitchers of great quality for some serious dumpster diving, jvett? You and I and Northeast have had these discussions so many times we would all three be billionnaries if we were ever paid the modest salary for our efforts.

Also, why is the Phillies Farm system so bad at finding and grooming prospects in the pitching department for say the last 20 years (rhetorical question; no reply needed)? Both areas are seriously delinquent to drive any respectable fan bonkers because the Phillies in the last two decades have been so abysmal at finding and keeping great pitchers (and other position players) to be laughable!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players over the years have the Phillies by-passed that were pitchers of great quality for some serious dumpster diving, jvett? You and I and Northeast have had these discussions so many times we would all three be billionnaries if we were ever paid the modest salary for our efforts.

Also, why is the Phillies Farm system so bad at finding and grooming prospects in the pitching department for say the last 20 years (rhetorical question; no reply needed)? Both areas are seriously delinquent to drive any respectable fan bonkers because the Phillies in the last two decades have been so abysmal at finding and keeping great pitchers (and other position players) to be laughable!!

We must have a lousy scouting system. It should be studied and evaluated every few years to determine who should be purged for lack of success, and replaced, or rewarded accordingly.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is even more infuriating is we now fall to .500 with a monstrosity of a payroll against a team who is practicing the methods of moneyball. Again, these failures are tolerated by the front office and until they start holding over-paid prima donnas accountable, we are going to have this garbage year-in and year-out. This is one of the reasons I just about closed the door on this franchise.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to panic yet. We are playing shorthanded. However, I am still pissed at our pitching. If we had a legit bullpen early on we would have at least 3-4 more wins at this point.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to panic yet. We are playing shorthanded. However, I am still pissed at our pitching. If we had a legit bullpen early on we would have at least 3-4 more wins at this point.

Both Harper and Realmuto have been slumping. I just don’t think the team will suddenly turn it back on as they were doing during the 9 of 10 streak. I’d still like to see them make the playoffs but they’ll need a miracle and a humiliating chewing out from retro.