• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies VS Braves Series Thread.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two and half games is the gap the Bitches have now and they have won what 8 straight? Say goodbye to any hopes of these Phillies winning the NL East unless the Bitches run into an injury plague.

C’mon, retro. We cannot give up hope. We will fight on the beaches, in the streets, in the shopping malls and taverns on Samson, we shall rally the lads to rise up on the home fields, in the bushes and in the hills and in the air and on the sea, and on the road. We will never surrender. We will continue to consume cheesesteaks and hoagies to maintain our strength both at home and in enemy territory. We will fight in the heat, in the cold, in the rain and in the fucking humidity until we have 100 games in the win column. Go Phillies!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn didnt know that!

Yankees and Red Sox fans have a reputation of being completely ignorant of the game outside of New York and Boston. Don't be like Yankees or Red Sox fans. Pay attention to the game as a whole, and not just your team.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees and Red Sox fans have a reputation of being completely ignorant of the game outside of New York and Boston. Don't be like Yankees or Red Sox fans. Pay attention to the game as a whole, and not just your team.

Huh? It's not that deep dude.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils swept the Squaws at home in April. Nola beat Teheran 10-4 and everything was clicking. Now, Braves are hot and we played right there with them in their mad chophouse. We scored 8 off their staff. Another heart breaker but another positive is that Pivetta continues to improve. Phils must get this loss back today with a fine game from Nola along with our power hitting. Go Phillies!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have bitched all year long that the people in charge of this franchise have to be some of the dumbest blind people on the planet. The reason the Bitches beat us AGAIN is because they fixed some of their glaring weaknesses and we have not. When we face teams that have a killer instinct, we lose nearly every time. We are again watching a team in the NL East catch us nearing mid season and I suspect will continue to widen the gap that now exists for good. This is why I have been cautious about getting all pumped over these Phillies when they consistently have proven they don't know how to keep a lead with a killer instinct and destroy opponents game-in and game-out. We have all seen this before and it always sucks!

Losing sucks but injuries take time, retro. We forget that Phils have four solid relievers on the IL. More close losses will occur. The FO was aware of Phils relief problems and actually did something about it. Latest on the situation from Corey Seidman, yesterday:

• David Robertson (2.90 life) (flexor strain) is "progressing well," according to Kapler. He's thrown three times off of flat ground and is encouraged by his progress. The next step would be throwing off of a bullpen mound, though that is not imminent just yet

• Tommy Hunter, who hasn't pitched this season because of a flexor strain, is scheduled to begin his rehab assignment Monday with Clearwater. When he's ready to go, the Phillies will be welcoming a fresh reliever to the back end of their 'pen​

• Pat Neshek (shoulder) had a good sweat going after throwing a bullpen session Friday in Atlanta. He could be activated as early as Sunday.

• Adam Morgan (flexor strain) is scheduled to throw another 'pen session Sunday and could be back late next week if all goes well.​

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea jvett, I believe I have acknowledged our injury problem with pitching but then why didn't this brilliant FO sign at least one of the two pitchers available, one of which went to the Bitches for cryin' out loud?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the front runner to take Eickhoff's spot in the rotation?

thebigmje

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew defeat was in our "Grasp" once we led 8 to 4. No matter what decision the genius Kapler makes it always cost us. I don't know if he is stupid or just cursed. It always never seems to work.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea jvett, I believe I have acknowledged our injury problem with pitching but then why didn't this brilliant FO sign at least one of the two pitchers available, one of which went to the Bitches for cryin' out loud?

I think Corbin was one of the top two FA starters and one of the first to sign. Now with Nats, he’s only 5-5 and 4.11. Hasn’t gone more than 5 in his last three starts, and he’s given up 16 ERs! In the long run, he’ll likely recover but I don’t think it would have changed the Phils that much at this point. Still it would have been an awesome rotation in the long run.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Corbin went for a six year $140 million. I guess the priority was on getting Harper/Machado and building a solid competitive lineup first. It may still prove to be the best they could do if Eflin and Pivetta work out, IMO.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn he smashed the hell out of that ball, what a homerun